Blue says Bloat is desirable

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Blue says Bloat is desirable

Postby crabcrouton » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:45 pm

I just realized no one's brought this up yet but a recent blue post maintains that a bloated tree is fine.

Quote: "Bloat: Bloat is another word for "I can't have everything I want!". We want every class to feel their tree is "bloated" to a degree. We want classes to have to make choices and sacrifices over good talents, because that is ultimately what makes talents interesting. If it weren't that way, we would just make it a linear progression without any choices. That said, if you feel the flow of the talents makes you spend points in something that doesn't necessarily benefit you what that build is for (i.e. spending too many "PvE" talents for a PvP build), then that can be addressed."

Source: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... sid=2000#2

Forgive me if I'm sounding a bit sensationalist, but I'm certainly worried what the ramifications for our Prot tree will be. Much discussion is ongoing about streamlining our trees when it's possible the amount of bloat is just fine as far as Bliz is concerned. Comments? Thoughts?
crabcrouton

Postby thegreatheed » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:58 pm

thegreatheed

Postby crabcrouton » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:12 pm

ah I see, thanks
crabcrouton

Return to WotLK