Remove Advertisements

Is it me or is Prince immune to Consecrate?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Is it me or is Prince immune to Consecrate?

Postby Shainey » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:09 pm

Both last week and this week during this fight, I have struggled with aggro, or at least keeping above the locks we run with. And it's not only Omen that is showing me lower than usual in threat, but WWS isn't picking up Consecrate on the Prince fight either.

Here's this week's:
http://wowwebstats.com/wlmxah5fqftka

And here's last week's:
http://wowwebstats.com/kjaszux6ybzpm

Any help would be appreciated
Shainey

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:12 pm

Step away from the wall. His hitbox is still bugged. I'd suggest an addon like Eavesdrop so you can easily see if he's getting hit by it or not, and then move under him more if he isn't.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Shainey » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:35 pm

Alright thanks. That was really all I could think of was that it had something to do with the terrain or it was bugged.

Thought it was weird that I was putting out more TPS on Maiden than him
I'll give it a shot next week
Shainey

Postby guillex » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:59 pm

Bring him back to the wall, then take a step or two out. Every time he knocks you back, take a couple of steps out again.

Shouldn't be too difficult to keep it going. Don't suppose you're using a scrolling damage mod like Parrot or MSBT, are you? Having icons on with those addons can help you gauge where you are in terms of your consecrate, and his hitbox.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby ldeboer » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:21 pm

Not ignoring you cons problem ..... ummm here is your problem

http://wowwebstats.com/wlmxah5fqftka?s= ... 1&ab=32835

Well one of your locks knows what soul shatter is and he is 2nd on the dps chart ...

The week before the lock didnt use soulshatter because it's not in the log

WTB intelligent locks with half a brain

The locks are going to get shadow weaving from the shadow priests you are always going to have trouble with them.

BTW the week before your mage Zenithstorm output the same dps as the lock this week but went invisible twice to dump agro

http://wowwebstats.com/kjaszux6ybzpm?s= ... 1107&ab=66

See ... smart DPS ... as opposed to stupid
ldeboer

Postby Shainey » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:21 pm

It really has nothing to do with the DPS of the locks or mages in there. I mean, I was able to hold aggro off of them without consecrate apparently, but now that I know it's a hitbox/range bug thing, it shouldn't even be a problem again.
It was just frustrating that my TPS seemed so low on only that fight.
Shainey

Postby ldeboer » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:22 am

They are still going to catch you using the best online threat I know

http://www.bioinf.nl/~maxily/PaladinTPS/Threat.pl

feeding in first your nightbane kill data http://wowwebstats.com/wlmxah5fqftka?a= ... 8905-45936

==> Shainey did 865 TPS on Nightbane

next feeding in your prince data

http://wowwebstats.com/wlmxah5fqftka?a= ... 7344-92041

==> Shainey did 660 TPS on Prince Malchezaar

So you are off 200 TPS lower I agree without the consecrate.

I wont take you thru the mage and warlock process its long winded because it needs to know buffs and talent tree's but assuming something like optimal both are well over 1200 TPS in raid.

Even with consecrate they are going to catch you. You can try to improve your threat but I think most will agree raid dps always catches the tanks threats eventually and to me having locks who don't know how to push the soul shatter button is just retarded.
ldeboer

Postby Shainey » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:54 am

I know that locks and mages (and well any dps who's half awake) can pull off a tank if they wanted to. I'm not worried about that. Besides, I have mana problems on Nightbane so I can't use max rank everything on every cooldown throughout that fight. My dps knows this. Neither they nor I knew that there was a bug with Prince's hitbox, however.
I appreciate you doing all that though, but like I said, I'm really not that worried about them pulling off me. Regardless of what all that shows, the dps is not retarded and they don't pull aggro.
Shainey

Postby Katerina » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:59 am

Wow! I'm really glad you asked this, as it solves the mystery for me as well. I was supposing the difference was that I generally put up devo aura during p2, though it didn't seem like ret aura could be responsible for the amount of threat I seemed to have lost, even with spamming exorcism. Especially since I generally use fire aura during Nightbane, and did not see a similar drop in threat, even with downranking cons and holy shield more during NB than Prince to spare mana.

Very very good stuff to know. Thank you very much!
Katerina

Postby Feyray » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:37 pm

Even with consecrate they are going to catch you. You can try to improve your threat but I think most will agree raid dps always catches the tanks threats eventually and to me having locks who don't know how to push the soul shatter button is just retarded.

Coming from someone who's main on another server is a lock...

DIS MON TELLZ DA TWOOTH!!
Feyray

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:29 pm

Interesting, ive tanked prince 3 times now, all hard up against the wall, and have had no problem with consecrate.

Following the right wall away from the door where u enter, i tank him maybe a yard or so beyond the 'kink' in the wall.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Belm » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:08 am

That's where I tank him too, but with opposite results. I only got consecrate ticking on him if I took a step out from the wall for the cast.
Belm

Return to Karazhan