Moroes: Funny Stuff Happening?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Lonso » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:01 pm

Jarkeld wrote:On my priest I've shackled adds fine the whole fight. If shackles were on diminishing returns, that would be impossible.

It seems we always have them popping out pretty often. That's why we started having them walk through my Consecration at the beginning to keep them off the priests. We typically have 2 priests and burn down 2 of the adds then leave the other two shackled. They get loose very often even when both are shackled (not cleansing each other) and even when they are far enough away from the fight that we know it's not a melee AOE breaking them. /shrug We've dealt with it for several months now so it's not a big deal. The priests both use focus macros to lock them down again quickly when they get out and since they come to me when they're loose they aren't any trouble.
Lonso

Postby Lore » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:04 pm

Just like any other crowd control, it needs to be reapplied often. You can't expect it to last the full duration.

I reshackle every 15-20 seconds.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Tresjynn » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:27 pm

I remember this back in the days of priests picking up spell hit gear to MC Instructor Razuvious's adds. From browsing priest forums and posts, etc, it seems you need 38 spell hit rating to bring the base resist chance for level 72 mobs from 4% to the minimum of 1% (and I presume it does the same resist check every "do I break out of this now?" tick). On last week's Moroes kill, we had two adds shackled. The shadow priest's shackle never broke, not even momentarily. It was applied a total of 6 times over the course of the fight, and the add despawned as we killed Moroes and moved another out of the room. The holy priest's shackle broke 3 times (technically twice on its own; one time was the priest accidentally hitting Mind Blast instead of Shackle Undead), and resisted shackle right before stunning and killing him. He cast the spell 12 times over the course of the fight, and the only real difference between the two is that the shadow priest had enough spell hit, and the holy priest had none.

(on a slightly unrelated note, this week we brought zero priests to Moroes, and one-shot him for the first time in our guild's raiding history. Hmm.)
Two accounts, two tankadins! Raaar.
Tresjynn

Postby Lore » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:37 pm

Tresjynn wrote:I remember this back in the days of priests picking up spell hit gear to MC Instructor Razuvious's adds.

Ahh I remember those days. Good times.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Erutaron » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:07 pm

Tybalt wrote:If your shackles are breaking easy, have your priests stack up some spell hit and spell penetration.

-Ty

Spell hit is what you need to stack, Spell Penetration won't help at all.

Spell Penetration is the PvP verison of +spell hit, and is all but useless in PvE content
Erutaron

Postby Everlight » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:48 pm

Yes, spell penetration only works to negate actual resistances. It does nothing to reduce spell miss chance.

Back in the day, spell penetration was pretty good for Fire mages shooting up BWL/MC, but these days it isn't much chop.
Everlight

Previous

Return to Karazhan