Reliquary of Souls

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Saffire » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:06 am

Second night of doing Reliquery last night.
First night of me tanking Phase one.
First night of me getting to do anything boss related in a 25 man setting since I generally get to heal because of our weak healing and two very good feral druids with shitty healing gear.


Anyways.... encountered a problem in phase 3 I need some help with.

We had our regular MT warrior grabbing initial aggro and I was taunting off him to do the threat dump.

In all three of our attempts when I taunted him i never got the threat buff.

We ended up killing him without it the third attempt at the same attmept the reaid leader was ready to give up on my doing it because he felt my taunt wasnt registering as a taunt or something.

Has anyone experienced this where the aggro swap isnt applying the threat buff? What am I or we doing wrong?
Saffire LvL 70 Hellscream - Guild of Ascension
Saffire
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:22 pm

Postby hopps » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:43 am

hmm I think the way we did it was have you go in for initial, and have the warrior taunt off of you and not do tps, and let you take it, and as soon as debuff wears off your dps can unload, save wings for at least 30 seconds in...this fight is pretty easy to pull over 3k tps, especially w/ sanc and jocr.
hopps
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:12 pm

Postby superworm » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:19 am

Saffire wrote:Second night of doing Reliquery last night.
First night of me tanking Phase one.
First night of me getting to do anything boss related in a 25 man setting since I generally get to heal because of our weak healing and two very good feral druids with shitty healing gear.


Anyways.... encountered a problem in phase 3 I need some help with.

We had our regular MT warrior grabbing initial aggro and I was taunting off him to do the threat dump.

In all three of our attempts when I taunted him i never got the threat buff.

We ended up killing him without it the third attempt at the same attmept the reaid leader was ready to give up on my doing it because he felt my taunt wasnt registering as a taunt or something.

Has anyone experienced this where the aggro swap isnt applying the threat buff? What am I or we doing wrong?


I believe as a tankadin we generally don't need that seethe thing to hold aggro. I used to wear a threat trinket and pop wings along with a destruction potion, however I found that even without that I seldom fall behind the dpsers.
User avatar
superworm
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:56 pm

Postby Saffire » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:13 am

I was sitting at roughly 650 spell damage buffed and used wings and destro potion and i held aggro without the seethe without threat capping the dps according to my raid leader. But the strat he wants to use is with seeth so that dps can open up right away.

I'm just confused that why with a target change + taunt im not getting the seethe debuff at all.

Its crazy too we havent seen one freaking prot pally drop in BT since we started there last night i ended up getting my boots, bracers, and shoulders all in one night.

Now im crush immune with two stam trinkets equipped lol.
Saffire LvL 70 Hellscream - Guild of Ascension
Saffire
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:22 pm

Postby Saintsabbat » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:48 pm

I'm yet to see boots drop from najentus, 10th week maybe?

I'm RL so I tell DPS to start after 10 seconds of P3 and go full out, heroism at 20 seconds in.

NEVER failed to kill RoS if we get to P3 :) it's too easy really :-\
Proud GM, RL and MT of <Cataclysm> Bronze Dragonflight 5/5 MH, 9/9 BT.
Saintsabbat
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:19 pm

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:23 pm

Saintsabbat wrote:I'm yet to see boots drop from najentus, 10th week maybe?

I'm RL so I tell DPS to start after 10 seconds of P3 and go full out, heroism at 20 seconds in.

NEVER failed to kill RoS if we get to P3 :) it's too easy really :-\
Easy for us = )
Our healers always bitch and moan and cry and whine when the warrior insists on tanking RoS p3

Then again also does the dumb paladin who claims to have better threat than me...without sanctity, with less sd and less expertise... but ok
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15540
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Seloei » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:43 pm

seethe only activates on personal target taunt, not anti-taunt, like paladin's have.
Image
Seloei
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:24 am
Location: Estonia

Postby Dehn » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:34 am

Saintsabbat wrote:I'm yet to see boots drop from najentus, 10th week maybe?


I'm pretty sure that those boots are a myth. As the belt at gurtogg and the wrists at akama are. Just something to taunt a poor dwarf with :(


Oh and another thing on RoS p1.. I sometimes, with holy shield up and lots of avoidance get a regular hit that is not blocked.
Image
Dehn
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:27 am

Postby Seloei » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:01 am

Dehn wrote:Oh and another thing on RoS p1.. I sometimes, with holy shield up and lots of avoidance get a regular hit that is not blocked.


That is quite usual since he reduces your armor and defense to 0, meaning about -50-60% avoidance so only warriors can get a guaranteed 2 blocks while we "may" get that with redoubt up.
Image
Seloei
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:24 am
Location: Estonia

Postby Saintsabbat » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:40 am

Yes the belt from gurtogg is indeed a myth also, the bracers from Akama however are not, they have dropped thrice!
Proud GM, RL and MT of <Cataclysm> Bronze Dragonflight 5/5 MH, 9/9 BT.
Saintsabbat
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:19 pm

Postby Seloei » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:09 am

There is no paladin loot from BT except for t6 tokens.. That's a fact. They just don't exist.
5 months soon and no boots, belt, wrist, libram or even the trash shield... Before i joined they "supposedly" saw najentus boots once after they started bt 6-7 months ago.
Image
Seloei
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:24 am
Location: Estonia

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:15 am

Seloei wrote:There is no paladin loot from BT except for t6 tokens.. That's a fact. They just don't exist.
5 months soon and no boots, belt, wrist, libram or even the trash shield... Before i joined they "supposedly" saw najentus boots once after they started bt 6-7 months ago.


Right now i'm missing boots from Naj, and all BB loot.

THOSE BITCHES DON'T EXIST, THEM BASTARDS! <cry>
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15540
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby honorshammer » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:16 am

I went in with 714 spell damage buffed and still had trouble holding off my dps.
User avatar
honorshammer
Moderator
 
Posts: 2153
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:35 am
Location: Charleston, SC

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:47 am

Honorshammer wrote:I went in with 714 spell damage buffed and still had trouble holding off my dps.
800 and sanctity aura here. Silly boomkin still managed to ride me on 128%
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15540
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Zx » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:17 am

Yea, seen the belt, libram, and tanking boots only once. Have yet to see a shadowmoon insignia or a torch for ret.

Did get an offspec roll on 1h sword from mother last night.
"For no man lives long when his dreams are dead." - Gene Wolfe
User avatar
Zx
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:47 am
Location: Doing rocket surgery

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests