Mt. Hyjal - Anetheron

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:19 am

Arcand wrote:
jere wrote:I am a big advocate of FR gear on this fight. However, I have done it without, so I was answering his question honestly.

How many healers on you when you did it without FR? They give me a priest and our best holy paladin - I'm not sure how hard they're working, there might only be two in case they both get Swarmed. When I'm holding two infernals my health bounces between about 60% and max.

That's a strategy decision then. I do this in threat gear (no FR), but we DPS down the infernals so I don't have to worry about having two at once. I only have one healer on me. If you are going to be holding the infernals, then maximum mitigation is the way to go for sure, so FR makes a ton of sense.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Frickit » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:51 am

I dont want to blow all my badges (otherwise for an epic mount fund) if we can simply not suck on dps and heals. Honestly, considering my dps and heals are leet whats the risk of not bringing any FR on our first attempt? Is the room for error big enough to justify buying the resistance? If I put it on and infernals die immediately Ill have wasted an awful lot. Of course I dont want to wipe us on the first attempt either.

We have some people putting up around 1k dps and heals are all 2k+hb.
If there is a good reason to not focus dps on the infernals then it would make sense to hold more than one but...if its just a matter of not having fast enough dps then I dont think Ill have a problem just burning them down.

So far some people make me very scared to try while others make it sound easy :? I R confuzed
Frickit

Postby Frickit » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:49 pm

killed rage and had two tries on anetheron.

200fr with aura seems ok if we can get coordinated. im not sure if the /target player macro was working or not cuz i dont think anyone got close enough to me. is ranged dps only, supposed to kill the infernal immediately and then go right back to the boss? with 200 fr is there anything I should be telling my dpsers and healers?
Frickit

Postby jere » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:41 am

Frickit wrote:killed rage and had two tries on anetheron.

200fr with aura seems ok if we can get coordinated. im not sure if the /target player macro was working or not cuz i dont think anyone got close enough to me. is ranged dps only, supposed to kill the infernal immediately and then go right back to the boss? with 200 fr is there anything I should be telling my dpsers and healers?

It depends on your strategy.

Our guild does the following:

1. MT tanks Anetheron in the valley close to the entrance where he comes in.

2. I stay by Jaina Proudmore and wait to avoid getting slept randomly by Anetheron.

3. Since I know where everyone is positioned (we go over this beforehand), I watch my screen for the announcement. As soon as I see the name I start running their direction and they start running to me.

4. I spam my macro and as soon as the infernal lands I snag him and drag him back to the tower where Jaina is.

We position in a pretty simply way. All the hunters/mages are our infernal extermination squad. They can come up to DPS the boss if they want to risk getting slept at an inopportune time (most risk it), but 5-10 seconds before the next infernal, they all run back behind me to stay out of sleep range so they can nuke the infernal. Healers are spread out (one for me, one for the infernal extermination squad, rest spread around the MT to reduce the impact of carrion swarm. Warlocks, moonkin, shadowpriests, etc all spread out around the boss as well. Melee are of course up with the boss.
jere

Postby Frickit » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:11 am

thank you thats very helpful. and which macro is it? im using the /target player etc..that works like a tab target. If I use it without a infernal up it just targets me...is that line necessary?
Frickit

Previous

Return to Mt. Hyjal