Tauren Hit Box Tanking Lynxx

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Tauren Hit Box Tanking Lynxx

Postby towelliee » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:34 am

Is there an issue with Tauren Warriors Hit box on Lynxx?

I am usually the second tank eating half the saber lash / cleave attack. On a Druid it was easy for me. On a undead warrior it was fine. But for some reason on Tauren Warrior this past weekend I stood inside of him, a little up front, a little behind. You name it! He would get the full cleave and I would take no damage what so ever. Not sure if Lynxx was bugged or what.

But I did hear in vent someone mention an issue with Tauren hit box and where you have to stand.
towelliee

Postby Ryuusuke » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:42 am

You need to stand in front of him, basically that none of your body hits his sexy front :P
You can Click on him and watch the marked person circle on the ground - place yourself near the border and you should be fine. Don't forget to attack the mob within the first few seconds, though - no combat action - no cleave for you :ß
Ryuusuke

Postby Rokh » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:40 am

Super Secret #1 - Noggen Fogger or Deviate Delight

Super Secret #2 - Put a mark on both tanks heads, Piviot Camera to directly above the tanks, Line up marks.
Rokh

Postby Lore » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:15 am

Rokh wrote:Super Secret #1 - Noggen Fogger or Deviate Delight.

I actually carry around a bunch of deviates just in case I happen to need a Tauren to not be so big.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Westcott » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:30 am

Lore wrote:
Rokh wrote:Super Secret #1 - Noggen Fogger or Deviate Delight.

I actually carry around a bunch of deviates just in case I happen to need a Tauren to not be so big.

I'm going to leave my perverted comments hat off today...

Otherwise I carry deviates on me for the same reason. Even if it is a Tauren issue I seem to be the one everyone gets frustrated with. Like they could find this secret spot any better.
Tankadins: Keeping group members repair bills low since 2006
Westcott

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:58 am

Ryuusuke wrote:Don't forget to attack the mob within the first few seconds, though - no combat action - no cleave for you :ß

False. Warlock died running through him on the pull as he lashed.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Syrcla » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:24 am

I've never had an issue with taurens on lynx. his lash is a LOT more forgiving that mothers in BT.

I just stand on top of our cow warrior on our bear runs...never had an issue.

I get more frustrated with the cat ping ponging around the room after I aggro him. Silly kitty.
Syrcla

Postby Invisusira » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:22 pm

Uh, you guys do know that size modifiers don't actually modify your hitbox, right?

For example, back when I was doing netherwing dailys (HOTPANTS ORC), I could still fit through thin, female sized cracks and laugh at fat horde who couldn't follow me, even though we had the exact same model.

The reason the 'foggers seem to work is just that it's visually easier to stand on top of each other when one of you isn't a big stinking cow, not that you've modified your hitbox.
Invisusira

Postby caboom » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:42 am

The way i did it at 1st was stand directly on the big fat cow guy aswell, till i had a very good healer setup on on run when i tried other postions aswell, since then i just sit to the other guy's side and never had problems. You need to be aprox 1 foot away on the side of ur co-tank and u'll be fine, i generally have good enough healers and co-tanks to corect the position in time to not get gibbed by a 2nd non-shared cleave.
caboom

Postby ARogers » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:47 am

Make the warrior eat a deviate delight. It works for us all the time.
ARogers

Postby Rokh » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:55 pm

Invisusira wrote:Uh, you guys do know that size modifiers don't actually modify your hitbox, right?

For example, back when I was doing netherwing dailys (HOTPANTS ORC), I could still fit through thin, female sized cracks and laugh at fat horde who couldn't follow me, even though we had the exact same model.

The reason the 'foggers seem to work is just that it's visually easier to stand on top of each other when one of you isn't a big stinking cow, not that you've modified your hitbox.

It doesnt change the 'size' of the hit box, but it is in different locations based on your toon... in fact there was a huge hoohaa on the forms along time ago when tauren hunters were thought to have 1-2 more yards range than any hunter, but blue replied that infact their 'center' is slightly out front of them, so their increased range is an illusion....
Rokh

Postby Tyaera » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:42 am

If you are a Blood Elf paladin, especially a female, you cannot stand inside a tauren warrior to soak Halazzi lashes, or Nalorakk swipes. He will eat the full lash.

What you need to do is stand as you would tank normally, and have the warrior do the same. Your range on melee attacks is smaller than his. Basically, if you're both standing in front of him, and you can hit the boss, you should be taking lashes. If you stand inside the warrior, you won't be able to hit the boss and will not be lashed.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Return to Zul'aman