Eredar Twins

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby darklac » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:35 am

Ryuusuke wrote:But the thing is - everyone takes some crushings, but i NEVER ever died due to normal multi-crushings in a row.
See my example pattern:
MH: 7.2k -> OH: 2.9k -> Confounding: 7.1k -> MH(crush) -> 10.2k

The crushing which killed me was while i was confounded (which shouldn't really happen like this but well, it did...)

But basically i should go for a little more avoidance (Pepes -> Slikks // BrutaNeck -> Barbed Choker (no DGraps // BT Neck for me..)) ?

if she crushs you as a paladin you are doing something wrong. the ONLY time you should ever eat a crushing is if she confound melee combo. other then that if you are takeing them your failing at keeping holy shield up. she wont eat 8 charges in 10 seconds. if you manage 1 dodge/parry or she misses once. its just not possible. just be ready to spam holy shield even if it cost you 2-3 seconds of conse dont let it be on cooldown.
darklac

Postby Io.Draco » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:15 am

does anyone have by chance a wws log of the dmg a paladin takes verus a druid?

P.S. Can you remove conflagration with bubble or not? read somehwere you can't
Io.Draco

Postby Arquine » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:47 am

we're currently on twins and we're having a bit of trouble trying to find the perfect healing strategy. We're using 10 healers, and using the reverse & ledge tactic.

Can anyone provide a specific healing order, just to give me a glance of how you do it?

Requirements is maximum of 3 shamans, preferably a healing setup that includes 3 holy paladins, ideally 2 shamans.
Arquine

Postby Morganim » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:14 am

Arquine wrote:we're currently on twins and we're having a bit of trouble trying to find the perfect healing strategy. We're using 10 healers, and using the reverse & ledge tactic.

Can anyone provide a specific healing order, just to give me a glance of how you do it?

Requirements is maximum of 3 shamans, preferably a healing setup that includes 3 holy paladins, ideally 2 shamans.

Id say your pretty stuffed with that low number of shamans unless
a) you have enhance/elemental shamans who can respec
b) you have an asston of priests and spec them all CoH

IMO you need at least 6 AoE healers, CoH, or Chain Heal
Morganim

Postby Zx » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:45 am

I would run 3 holy pallies

1. MT
2. OT
3. Lock

3 resto shaman

1. Chain melee
2 & 3 Chain ranged

and a few priests at least one of which is shadow

1. CoH
2. MT? CoH
3 & 4? shadow
"For no man lives long when his dreams are dead." - Gene Wolfe
Zx

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:52 am

Anyone who kills them in reverse got a pic of the correct place where she should stand, i still have troubles finding the "correct spot" and shadow images manage to get up and stun the raid and kill one of the tanks
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zx » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:15 am

To date I have not seen a "perfect" positon to stand in where none of the shadow images will get up to the raid.

We use the reverse kill strat where all ranged pile up. bosses are usually just tanked down in the bottom of the room near the wall that the ranged are standing on.
"For no man lives long when his dreams are dead." - Gene Wolfe
Zx

Postby PsiVen » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:02 am

Worldie wrote:Anyone who kills them in reverse got a pic of the correct place where she should stand, i still have troubles finding the "correct spot" and shadow images manage to get up and stun the raid and kill one of the tanks

Standing on the right corner of the top ledge, look down at the pillar to the left. We tank her between the pillar and the circle thing on the ground. Basically imagine tanking with your back to the pillar, but rotate towards the healers. Sometimes we get an image up there but it's pretty rare. FWIW we always have some MT healers downstairs standing with the melee so that stuns don't kill the tanks.

I would recommend 10 resto shaman, btw :P
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby fiorina » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:03 pm

Worldie wrote:Anyone who kills them in reverse got a pic of the correct place where she should stand, i still have troubles finding the "correct spot" and shadow images manage to get up and stun the raid and kill one of the tanks

It's below the Arrow rune on the left, considering your raid is hugging right pillar. Key is to let shadow ninjas to run longer way to raid.

I found this pic from the opposite side, there are no runes like on live, but it's approximately where is letter "e" in watermark. Your raid should be at left pillar from this view.

Last edited by fiorina on Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby fiorina » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:11 pm

Io.Draco wrote:does anyone have by chance a wws log of the dmg a paladin takes verus a druid?

P.S. Can you remove conflagration with bubble or not? read somehwere you can't

I don't have WWS which is not expired, but you take less dmg if you are equally healer, even compared with warrior assuming you are close to uncrushable and not fail with holy shield.

Bubble will remove both debuff and desorient. Or well, last time I raided was before 2.3, could be changed in 2.4. Someone please confirm.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Nevrosion » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:41 am

We are also on this encoutner now and i have a question regarding the crushing blows and gear setup.

I see alot of you posting gear setups without the pvp trinket, isnt that unwise regarding the conflag?

I managed to get a set with 120% avoidance and 22,5k HP with some buffs (not agi totem) so i guess Scorpid Sting and Agi-totem will do the last bit.

EDIT: Also does any1 have any wws from OT-Sacrolash?
Nevrosion

Postby knaughty » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:24 pm

Nevrosion wrote:I see alot of you posting gear setups without the pvp trinket, isnt that unwise regarding the conflag?

Same question.

Probably going to ask in a new post as well, we got Felmyst down last week, and I'll be tanking Twins this week.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:02 pm

If you are constintently first in threat, you don't need the PvP trinket.

If you find yourself swapping the "main tank" often, you should have it.

Atm i sit at a record of 4 conflags in a row, i'm quite sure there might be worse.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lucit » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:40 pm

Nevrosion wrote:I see alot of you posting gear setups without the pvp trinket, isnt that unwise regarding the conflag?

Depends, but assuming your other tank is good and your dps pushes the threat ceiling, it's a very good idea to equip a PvP trinket. I was never completely uncrushable tanking that fight, never really had an issue that being uncrushable would've prevented (confound+crush ftw).
Lucit

Postby fiorina » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:04 pm

If you are an OT on Sacrolash you are doing it wrong. You should aim for more or less same threat so after desorient boss will stay on second tank. So you should go 2MT model.

Because if 1 guy is tanking her most of the time.. ..What gonna happen?
Shadow debuffs will stack on that tank.

And then he have to do what?
He have to run with boss to fire to get rid of them.

And then position of boss will be what?
Positioning of boss will be screwed.

And if position of boss will be screwed too often, your raid will be what?
Fucked by shadow ninjas... thats correct.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau