Remove Advertisements

Karazhan time record.

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Sithy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:08 pm

2h or so on the weekend... we had like 4 wipes cause we were just goofing off...

First pull the pally tank is like "K, pulling all the way to huntsman" and me being on my priest and the only healer in the group I say "HUH? Errrr Dead." :(

First time we've actually tried to do a speed run with 1 tank / 1 healer, not because we were worried but we typically just run typical groups to get badges and gear alts.
Sithy

Postby Ariashley » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:18 pm

We call it Nukazhan. We bring 1 healer, 1 tank. Our fastest clear is 1 hour 54 minutes. Most people in the group had their T6 2 set bonus or 4/5 T5. Rogue (me), fury warrior, prot warrior, druid healer, enhancement shaman, elemental shaman, destro lock, fire mage, shadow priest, marks hunter.

My poor tankadin is going to kara for the first time this week. Definitely not equipped for a Nukazhan. More like Altazhan.
Ariashala - Level 70 Tankadin
Ariashley - Level 70 Rogue
Ariashley

Postby Makaijin » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:57 pm

We normally finish it at around the 2 hour mark, as the place is more of an alt run nowdays.

WTB more tankadins in my kara group. Because I'm the only tankadin in our group and I'm forced to solo tank the place, I can never get any of my alts to gear up.
Makaijin

Postby Averroes » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:29 am

Took my new guild to clear Kara in 1 hour and 30 minutes since everyone has Tier6, I was like holy shit when we downed bosses under a minute.
Last edited by Averroes on Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Averroes

Postby Lowgrus » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:29 am

So its been like forever since I've posted on these forums but I'm sitting here at work, and omg I forgot how much I loved these forums and am bored out fo mind so going to do a lot of forum trolling from now on.

So My fastest is 2.5 hours kara clear I usually bring a ton of PuGs as well just becuase I'm a badge whore. I get all my money from heroics (shards/voids/selling nether vortexes from badges).

I'm a T6 geared prot Paladin and I was wondering how feasible is it to only bring one healer? I've never done that? As a Protection paladin or just in general I love shadowpriest and just I love them in my groups. They are good dps, buffs, CC ( Which I only use on the ushers, and I normally AoE tank all of Moroes adds), but how possible is this with one healer? I'm going to be attempting my fastest time tomorrow evening about 12 hours from now? If it is posisble ( obviously with shadowpirest for mana and stuff so your not always w8ting on that player to drink) Which class would you use?

Evilgai.
Lowgrus

Postby Afraithe » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:46 am

This thread is a bit old, but anyone got a newer record time?

We did it last Friday in 1 hour 21 minutes, shaving 3 minutes of our last try.

This was NOT with a full T6 group, about 75% alt grp, altho we clear SSC/TK and 3 bosses in MH with our alts.

I was on my lock alt, gona try with my Paladin if I can get some shadowpriests to join.
Afraithe

Postby Afraithe » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:49 am

So, no new records I take it?
Afraithe

Postby Rokh » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:51 pm

Afraithe wrote:This thread is a bit old, but anyone got a newer record time?

We did it last Friday in 1 hour 21 minutes, shaving 3 minutes of our last try.

This was NOT with a full T6 group, about 75% alt grp, altho we clear SSC/TK and 3 bosses in MH with our alts.

I was on my lock alt, gona try with my Paladin if I can get some shadowpriests to join.

Hoax....

I run a full T5 badge run every week with the same crew, we dont stop, we flask out, we try our best to get out of that shit hole asap.

every week we hit about 1 hour 40min, and our personal best on a boss kill is maiden in 40 seconds.

Maybe if you said you were full T6 with no alts i woulda bought it.
Rokh

Postby Afraithe » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:14 am

Hoax?

Heh yeah, I really gain a lot for making this up.

Nope, 1h 21m.

I will record it next time.
Afraithe

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:38 am

Rokh wrote:every week we hit about 1 hour 40min, and our personal best on a boss kill is maiden in 40 seconds.
You need more fury warriors and a druid offtank tanking in dps gear :D

nerf recklessness.....
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Targonis » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:39 am

I've done 1 h 57 minutes in a group with 8 T5/T6 mains and 2 alts... not too bad... it simply should never go over 2.5 hours though.
Targonis

Postby Amindra » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:00 pm

I've just finished a 1 hour 37 min clear.

Group composition:

Grp 1:
Prot warr (OT, should have been fury)
Rogue
Rogue
Enh Shammy
Enh Shammy

Grp 2:
Tankadin (me)
Spriest
Spriest
Warlock
Holy Paladin

It was our first time with a 1 healer setup and it went really well.. some semi wipes, but mostly due to misspulls.

Everyone is badgegeared alts except the holy paladin who has some T6.
Amindra

Postby Talwen » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:57 am

My group's been running a pretty fast (2h) Kara for a few weeks now, and I had been OTing for a warrior. Tonight we're giving it a shot with me MTing and a feral OT, raid leader says he's hoping for a 1h 45m clear. Any tips for making it faster, given that I'm not leading and can't control group composition or CC use? Limiting factor in the past has been my mana; if I don't have enough for a consecrate I won't pull, but I'll be chain-chugging mana pots tonight because I have something to prove. Raid leader doesn't believe in pallies tanking bosses, so I'm hoping to blow him away tonight and earn myself a shot at some other raid bosses...
Talwen

Postby mixiarse » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:28 pm

About 2 hours with Mains, 3 hours with Mixed mains alts and 4 hours with all alts. Prefer to MT on pala and prefer Feral Druid for Oftank moments and chain pulling. Use 2 healers and Prefer all Ranged DPS. Haven't now Whiped on prince in the last 3 months even with bad infernal drops. Also prefer a priest or Shaman don't care what spec.

Try doing (if old enough) Drunken kara I got so waisted one night I couldn't remeber were I was and fell asleep on Nightbane we still cleared it though about 5 hours later and a million wipes. Not to be attempted if you have Gold worries as it can become rather expensive.
mixiarse

Postby shaak » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:36 am

a few weeks ago, i PUGed with the second best guild on the server doing a run and from time of first pull to downing Prince, was 1 hour 48 mins and 58 seconds... that was the best kara run of my life lol
also had 3 warglaives of azzinoth there :P

oh btw would it be possible to have a paladin tank all the adds on curator and just have dps focus on curator? or is that just not plausable?
shaak

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan