Remove Advertisements

BoSanctuary - is it time to RIP??

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Digren » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:37 pm

Fridmarr wrote:You do realize that there are multiple ranks to blessing of sanctuary right? I mean, there's no need for fancy conversion and larger than life tooltips. You could make it a hand (instead of a blessing) that lasts for a minute or something.

Oops, no, it's been a year since I last respecced, and a long time since I leveled. I interpreted Lemondish's line "Though increasing block rating isn't really the way to go, because 40 block rating at 30 (when you can get the talent) is a lot more than 40 block rating at 80." as indicating there was only one rank.

Of course, get rid of the scaling then in the block rating and just have it increase with each level. I edited my previous post rather than post it again.
Digren

Postby Dorvan » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:12 pm

Because I apparently haven't said it in this thread:

No blessing should depend on the block mechanic

Realistically that restricts the blessing to just 2 specs out of 30, and only 2 of the 4 tanking classes. If it's going to remain a blessing, it should have a general mitigation benefit. If it's going to be a self-talent (which I favor as long as BoK remains a Prot talent rather than baseline), then it can involve block mechanics.
Last edited by Dorvan on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:20 pm

WTB
Sanctuary
5 Minutes cooldown 300 mana
When activated, Sanctuary increases your block value by 2% every time you take damage, and reflects X damage upon blocking. Stacks up to 10 times. 30 Seconds duration.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Digren » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:00 pm

Dorvan wrote:Because I apparently haven't said it in this thread:

No blessing should depend on the block mechanic

Realistically that restricts the blessing to just 2 specs out of 30, and only 2 of the 4 tanking classes. If it's going to remain a blessing, it should have a general mitigation benefit. If it's going to be a self-talent (which I favor as long as BoK remains a Prot talent rather than baseline), then it can involve block mechanics.

I disagree. If no gear depends on the block mechanic, and no blessings depend on the block mechanic, but paladins do depend on the block mechanic, then how do we help ourselves? Through talents? As a blessing, what I proposed would cost 1 talent point. As talents, it would cost 8 that I can't afford to pay. Given those options I'd much rather have the blessing.

It's not like you have to use it. If you're the only paladin, you'll use kings.
Digren

Postby Dorvan » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:18 pm

Digren wrote:I disagree. If no gear depends on the block mechanic, and no blessings depend on the block mechanic, but paladins do depend on the block mechanic, then how do we help ourselves? Through talents? As a blessing, what I proposed would cost 1 talent point. As talents, it would cost 8 that I can't afford to pay. Given those options I'd much rather have the blessing.

It's not like you have to use it. If you're the only paladin, you'll use kings.

My point is precisely that Blessings are intended to be group buffs, and as a group buff something based on blocking doesn't make any sense. I also don't see any justification behind your assertion that making it a self-buff would change your talent suggestion from 1 point to 8 points.

I've got no problem with BoSanc being changed to a self-benefit only talent, but it makes no sense to me to include a spell as a blessing if it's not actually useful as a group buff.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Damiun » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:18 pm

Replacement for 21 sanc:

Hand of Sanctuary: 15% of base mana, 5 minute cooldown.

Blesses a party or raid member with the Hand of Sanctuary. This increases their maximum hit points by 15%, reduces damage by 10%, and reduces healing taken by 5%. Once protected, the target cannot be made invulnerable by Hand of Sanctuary or Hand of Protection again for 3 min.

not too op because it slightly nerfs the healing they take, but still decreases damage taken and increases health so its a nice ohhshit button they can put on the Mt or something. plus its good enough for holy paladins to consider getting it because its pvp versatility and pve power.
Damiun

Postby crabcrouton » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:31 am

Dorvan wrote:My point is precisely that Blessings are intended to be group buffs, and as a group buff something based on blocking doesn't make any sense. I also don't see any justification behind your assertion that making it a self-buff would change your talent suggestion from 1 point to 8 points.

I've got no problem with BoSanc being changed to a self-benefit only talent, but it makes no sense to me to include a spell as a blessing if it's not actually useful as a group buff.

QFT.

Sanctuary has two facets to it. There's the damage mitigation, and the reflective damage on hit. I would propose combining the two:

Blesses the target with divine assistance. Reduces X of all damage made against the target. This damage is reflected back to the attacker as Holy damage.

X = [(0.1 * AP) + (0.2 * SP)]
crabcrouton

Previous

Return to WotLK