Remove Advertisements

Use a spec that includes AD for bear runs?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Use a spec that includes AD for bear runs?

Postby Falibard » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:27 am

I'm curious how many people are using the standard 49/12 spec (what I am currently) for their bear runs. I've just started with a group with the intention of bears for all and we're going to 2 heal it. For those who have done this more time than I... have you found that AD is worth the points or am I crazy to think that those points would be better spent in PoJ for speed and Imp JotC (since i'm the only pally)?

I know much of this would be based on gear of myself and healers..but just trying to get a general idea...

Long time lurker, first time poster.
Falibard

Postby iwillpunishu » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:13 am

I used the Worldie spec for a full ZA clear Saturday night. We didn't get close to the bear mount basically because my off tank bear had major dc issues. I main tanked everything except for the boss with the hatchers, and I didn't have any problems at all. I didn't miss AD at all, the only thing I miss is my shield toss, but that didnt present a big problem either.
iwillpunishu

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:42 am

AD saves me more in ZA than BT.

I don't not like having shield because I use it for snap aggro and pulling. I give shit to warriors without imp Blood Rage because they can't open with shield slam ... not being able to open with AS irritated the crap out of me.

It doesn't help that my dps doesn't wait or stop. Ever.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Falibard » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:09 am

Well I've run it with and without AD but so many factors have changed in those runs I can't really tell which I like more. I"ll have to agree that I really like my shield toss for some of those pulls. I'll need to pay more attention to when Tankadin is telling me AD saved my life and make a decision based on that...

Thanks for the input guys! Side question... notice any difference in how fast you can go through/pull stuff with PoJ?
Falibard

Postby Holyfuri » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:14 am

Eh, I don't think PoJ makes a big difference in there, everyone else needs to still keep up with you.

To add my own opinion on the spec, I like AD and my shield for ZA, its more useful there than in Black Temple.

Lots of AoE pulls and some close calls sometimes, plus with always pulling with the shield dps opens up immediately, which I like.
Holyfuri

Postby Lore » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:15 am

AS is pro for bear runs.

I usually go with my typical 0/51/10 Sunwell spec.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Seloei » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:38 am

AD is pro, yes but once you are in a group who has been doing it for a while and knows what your damage intake is going to be then it will almost never jumpstart. The last few clears i've walked away with 0 "Deaths Averted" in tankadin. It does help sometimes on HLM and ZJ bear form.

AS however... rarely i use it, even tho i'm speced into it the only times i use it is to pull the first nalorakk trash closer. Everything else is judge'n'nuke.

But if your starting ZA timed runs, roll with 47/14 (no spell warding, 1 imp judgement, 3/3 improved JotC). The non-melee damage done there is so low and the only boss who does it, hits for weak hits only.
Seloei

Postby Tyaera » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:43 am

I prefer Sanctity spec for ZA for sustained threat on the boss encounters, however I usually don't respec to do it as I now don't use Sanctity for BT or Hyjal.

I also don't run Tankadin, but I'm sure AD helps a lot tanking bear phase when Nalorakk silences.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Seloei » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:14 am

*shrug* i have mana problems while tanking bear phase without a shadow priest, he doesn't hit that hard and if your 2 healing, they are probably on the ball and can keep you up anyway.
Then again, we now vastly outgear the place and doubt we will be coming back, more than 30 bears and people are bored of the place. Even tho the SD trinket hasn't dropped once since january when a random pug got it.
Seloei

Return to Zul'aman