Remove Advertisements

Shattered Halls and the last boss

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Shattered Halls and the last boss

Postby Opeo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:40 am

Alrighty, well I know I'm not in the level range of it, but I like to think ahead and sorta know what to do for when the time comes. So I'm also planning on what gear to go after when I hit 70 and the trinket there is on my list. However, the last boss is kind of making me think...when tanking him should I tank him by the entrance of the little platform he's on so I can pick up the adds and wait for his whirlwind thing to end before getting him back or should I just keep him centered and have someone else pick off the adds?
Image
User avatar
Opeo
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:57 am
Location: New York, NY

Postby BubbaBill » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:53 am

I've had my best luck tanking him just to the side of the platform entrance. Some of the adds are archers and you want to be able to break LoS on them. Whichever side of the staircase you decide to use to break LoS have your healer stand in the corner on that side so that if an add decides to go for them they have to walk all the way through your consecrate. Tank all adds.
BubbaBill
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:27 pm

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:54 am

Stand at the top of the stairs, spam consecrate at 2 ranks below max, judge wisdom on the boss.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
User avatar
ulushnar
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 6:56 am
Location: Bollocks, Scotland

Postby Katerina » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:54 am

Even if you are having someone else take the adds (picking them off out of your consecrate I presume) tanking him near the bridge is a good idea. It gives your ranged the space to spread out and be at max distance from him and each other.

Something that helped tremendously when we used to do H SH speed runs a lot for badges on my priest was having the tankadin BoP me during the second WW. First WW I'd survive fine because he never seemed to hit me twice, but the second WW he seemed to hit me twice every time, which was often fatal when my priest had 7.6k hit points with Fort and Kings (PMC/Whitemend sets are awesome in T4/early T5, but they make angels so fragile!). If I died during the third WW it was no big deal as it was nearly over anyway.

Just a thought.
Image
Image
Katerina
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 10:23 am

Postby Arcand » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:05 am

I've had the best success standing at the end of the bridge like a cork in a bottle and keeping Consecration up, all the adds glom onto you.

If your gear is strong enough just ignore the adds and burn Bladefist; if it's not, wait until you're holding a few and then AoE.

This boss looks like a badass but he actually doesn't hit the tank all that hard. The way people wipe on him is either the adds get out of control, or blade dance hits somebody twice and they go down. (Even the scrawniest cloth should be able to survive one dance hit, barely, but with a little bad luck they can take two.)
Arcand
Moderator
 
Posts: 4525
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 am

Postby Voxe » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:50 am

What we usually do is this:

Tank him at the top of the stairs, deadsmack in the middle.

- Judge Seal of Vengeance on the boss.
- keep up seal of righteousness (judge whenever possible.

Whenever an add comes, he will select a target as soon as he enters the platform.

- Select add
- press 'F' for assist (effectively targetting his target)
- Taunt

You could consecrate every now and then but not strictly necessary.
the adds spawn at a rate that you taunt is CD so you should be able to use it every time.

- Burn the boss
Image
Voxe
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:58 am
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Antagonist » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:15 am

Ulushnar wrote:Stand at the top of the stairs, spam consecrate at 2 ranks below max, judge wisdom on the boss.


Consecrate tends to not pick up the adds on it's own for me. I watch for incoming adds and always try to have either judgement or RD off cooldown to grab them as they run for, (usually) my healer. Once they come running into the consecrate, they do tend to stay there just fine though.
Antagonist
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:52 pm

Postby Katerina » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:26 am

Antagonist wrote:
Ulushnar wrote:Stand at the top of the stairs, spam consecrate at 2 ranks below max, judge wisdom on the boss.


Consecrate tends to not pick up the adds on it's own for me. I watch for incoming adds and always try to have either judgement or RD off cooldown to grab them as they run for, (usually) my healer. Once they come running into the consecrate, they do tend to stay there just fine though.


If you brought a hunter or a shammy, a frost trap/earthbind totem slows them enough to help make sure they are in the consecrate long enough to get a tick. Just have them place the trap/totem where you plan to consecrate.

Though you can JoR to pick them up too, or taunt. And with the changes in RD you can taunt the mob instead of having to assist his target.

It really isn't generally necessary to LOS the archers since after hitting you a few times they will generally run forward to get LOS on your healer, at which time you can pick them up. For that reason it is good to make sure your healer isn't standing near you (should be in one of the back corners, preferrably.
Image
Image
Katerina
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 10:23 am

Postby Seloei » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:42 pm

Like ulushnar said, judge wisdom and downrank consecrate. Look for the adds coming from the behind and when you see one coming up the ramp, wack him with a judgement and then turn back to the boss.
Image
Seloei
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:24 am
Location: Estonia

Postby Andryana » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:42 pm

Today's daily was SH heroic so i joined a group for it.. everything went great until the last boss, i tanked him near stairs and managed to get all the adds on me without any problem as they entered they would run to healer but i had a JoR or taunt ready to snag them while consecrating.

However the damn whirlwind/bladedance whatever.. pretty must destroyed everyone else.. they normally would survive the 1st one, get full health all and go.. but on the 2nd or 3rd one.. healer and the 3 DPS were totally destroyed by it.. after a few tries we call it off... it somewhat frustrated me.. we tried different aproachs but nothing worked.. we got to 30% at best..

Everyone was spreading out.. i really didn't understand what we were doing wrong.
Image
Andryana
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:30 am

Postby ldeboer » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:52 pm

Andryana wrote:Today's daily was SH heroic so i joined a group for it.. everything went great until the last boss, i tanked him near stairs and managed to get all the adds on me without any problem as they entered they would run to healer but i had a JoR or taunt ready to snag them while consecrating.

However the damn whirlwind/bladedance whatever.. pretty must destroyed everyone else.. they normally would survive the 1st one, get full health all and go.. but on the 2nd or 3rd one.. healer and the 3 DPS were totally destroyed by it.. after a few tries we call it off... it somewhat frustrated me.. we tried different aproachs but nothing worked.. we got to 30% at best..

Everyone was spreading out.. i really didn't understand what we were doing wrong.


Does everyone know they have to have at least 8K HP?

This was attunement for Mag back in the old days and when the roof collapses in Mag you get an 8K Hp damage hence the survivability test.

I usually get our clothies and leather wearers to put PVP gear on.

Nothing like watching a 6K HP mage get absolutely one shotted :)
Image
Image
Image
ldeboer
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:13 pm
Location: Perth Australia

Postby Andryana » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:09 am

ldeboer wrote:
Andryana wrote:Today's daily was SH heroic so i joined a group for it.. everything went great until the last boss, i tanked him near stairs and managed to get all the adds on me without any problem as they entered they would run to healer but i had a JoR or taunt ready to snag them while consecrating.

However the damn whirlwind/bladedance whatever.. pretty must destroyed everyone else.. they normally would survive the 1st one, get full health all and go.. but on the 2nd or 3rd one.. healer and the 3 DPS were totally destroyed by it.. after a few tries we call it off... it somewhat frustrated me.. we tried different aproachs but nothing worked.. we got to 30% at best..

Everyone was spreading out.. i really didn't understand what we were doing wrong.


Does everyone know they have to have at least 8K HP?

This was attunement for Mag back in the old days and when the roof collapses in Mag you get an 8K Hp damage hence the survivability test.

I usually get our clothies and leather wearers to put PVP gear on.

Nothing like watching a 6K HP mage get absolutely one shotted :)


Yeh they had more than 8k.. slightly more, but still got nailed :\
Image
Andryana
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:30 am

Postby Rokh » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:28 am

Voxe wrote:
- Select add
- press 'F' for assist (effectively targetting his target)
- Taunt




Lrn2Macro

Actualy, our taunt works like warrior taunt now, all you have to do is target the mob and hit taunt... BUT

In the past, you could macro it to /cast "[target=targettarget] taunt" to work like warrior taunt..
Rokh
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:15 am

Postby Katerina » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:45 am

You can't taunt him out of his whirlwind though - and that's what kills the squishies.

BoPing your healer during the second whirlwind will help a lot (assuming it is a squishy healer). Mages should IB during the second one. Hunters can even FD, though they are not hit as hard, thanks to being in mail.

Back when my priest was still in PMC/Whitemend he was hell. The BoP allowed me to survive that second whirlwind (when he hits everyone twice) and if I died during the third (back then we would see three whirlwinds) then I could keep healing as an angel for another 15 seconds, which was almost always enough for us to win.

Definetly ask the party to put on any stam pieces they have - even the healer at that level should have the Violet badge if nothing else. I'd even give the lower hit point members kings instead of salv, and just make sure they know they have to watch their aggro. Anyone who can off-heal (besides you) should at least heal themselves and/or the healer - take pots, bandage, etc. Mages can also put bubbles on themselves. Many hate to because it drains their mana, but since dps = 0 while dead....

Priests should get PW:S on themselves and any squishy dpsers - especially mages. A precast renew helps too, and I PoM myself to mitigate some of the damage from the first whirlwind.

Once everyone has better gear he's easy, but until then those suggestions might keep you from having to call it if the group is having issues.
Image
Image
Katerina
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 10:23 am

Postby ldeboer » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:31 am

Rokh wrote:
Voxe wrote:
- Select add
- press 'F' for assist (effectively targetting his target)
- Taunt




Lrn2Macro

Actualy, our taunt works like warrior taunt now, all you have to do is target the mob and hit taunt... BUT

In the past, you could macro it to /cast "[target=targettarget] taunt" to work like warrior taunt..


Taunt ??? Is what he does a little walk in the park to cleave the crap out of peeps he goes back to the tank automatically.

Lrn2heroicSH
Image
Image
Image
ldeboer
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:13 pm
Location: Perth Australia

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron

Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests