Mother Shahraz

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Seloei » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:19 pm

Unless your guild is short on HoD's it's better if you get the shadow res gear made.

If someone gets ported near the tanks or runs through, you will take an insane amount of damage + she sometimes uses her beams on you that can sometimes hit for 7k unmitigated. Play it safe, unless you see you don't need it.

It's perfectly fine to do it with the 3 tanks being without any SR gear and being in max EH/avoidance sets.
Seloei

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:08 am

Yesterday, for example, the first mother attempt was farked because she did the perfect instagib
1: ported 3 people into the tank group
2: saberlashed
3: beamed the second tank

Would be perfectly fine IF the other lash tank had any sr <sigh>
AFK-soaking is not recommendded because of that. I popped my dodge trinket when I saw FApeople up my ass and it saved me a lash.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby lantar42 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:58 pm

Can a pally MT mother? I heard there are issues with MTing due to the silence.
lantar42

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:34 pm

Yes, it's just very very annoying if you get Silence -> Holy resistance -> Silence -> Holy resistance -> Silence -> Holy resistance.

I've been MTing mother for us almost every week since when our former MT left, since the other tanks in the guild like to go afk 2 mins. There have been the odd times when i had to tell DPS to stop since i was kept silenced for like 40 seconds, but they are nerfed enough by the SR that they'll not really notice. Full T6 mages however now manage to get me on that fight <.<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Seloei » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:15 am

Was wondering... if you bubbled, would the damage be split between the 2 or the 3 of you? or would it go for a random melee near her as the 3. one or just you would soak up the 1/3 of the damage?
Seloei

Postby Worldie » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:47 am

If you bubble (or BoP), the saber lash damage is still split, just you are immune to that damage.

HOWEVER

You are eligible for Fatal Attraction while bubbled/bopped. I once was bubbled at last 5%, and got ported. Luckily the warrior who was tanking avoided the hit, then i was quick enough to get back in.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Magnusharkov » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:29 am

Yeah, initially I would bubble a few times throughout the fight to ease the healing on me. However after getting a fatal attraction a few times I've decided its definitely not worth the risk
Magnusharkov

Which add on for Mother

Postby Slamdorff » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:19 pm

Suddenly we have trouble with Mother. We first killed her in second pull then have had some easy kills on her, but the last 3 resets we spend 8-12 tries killing her, and it seems absurd.

We have stopped using a Mother add on since they seemed to be broken. Maybe we should use one again - would some pls post which of the mother addon and what version you use. Or tell me that they also seem broken to you.

We have used both Easy mother and Mother direction.

People spawn a lot on top of tanks - we never had that happen often but now its every second try they do. Did other feel the fight change, or have we just got the fatal attraction of an easy kill - sloppyness.
Slamdorff

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:28 pm

I know a great addon for Shahraz.

It's called brain

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:44 am

Worldie wrote:I know a great addon for Shahraz.

It's called brain
No one knows how to download that addon. It's impressive.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Rehlachs- » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:57 am

And on top of that, Mom seams to be smart. She likes to teleport exactly that player next to the tanks, that are unable to run away within 10 seconds

ever had a caster didn't notice the teleport, thought he wasn't able to cast his spells any more, since he wasn't facing her? "damn silence!".

it seems that some people don't take this encounter serious enough, after they killed her several times. maybe they are easily distracted..
Rehlachs-

Re: Which add on for Mother

Postby samsara » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:06 am

Slamdorff wrote:We have stopped using a Mother add on since they seemed to be broken. Maybe we should use one again - would some pls post which of the mother addon and what version you use. Or tell me that they also seem broken to you.

We have used both Easy mother and Mother direction.

We had the same problem ( except we didn't needed that much trie's XD)

The next ID we found out that Motherdirections only works with active deadly boss mods warnings from an player with assist rights or the raidleader. Once our raidleader sitched on the dbm warnings the addon worked fine. give it a try ...
samsara

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:01 am

Rehlachs- wrote:And on top of that, Mom seams to be smart. She likes to teleport exactly that player next to the tanks, that are unable to run away within 10 seconds

ever had a caster didn't notice the teleport, thought he wasn't able to cast his spells any more, since he wasn't facing her? "damn silence!".

it seems that some people don't take this encounter serious enough, after they killed her several times. maybe they are easily distracted..

The National Health Association warns: Raiding as a dpser causes ADD!
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Slamdorff » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:12 am

It's called brain

I can only find an out-of-date version...

But so true in this, and a few more, fights.

I'M A RAIDER!!
Slamdorff

Postby caboom » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:48 am

Snake-Aes wrote:

It's called brain
No one knows how to download that addon. It's impressive.

IT'S NOT DOWNLOADABLE!
caboom

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple