Remove Advertisements

Gauging Time in a Bear Run

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Gauging Time in a Bear Run

Postby ARogers » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:06 am

Some friends and I are building a strong core group for mount runs, and we awnt to basically progress through the run from Eagle -> Bear -> Dragonhawk -> Lynx.

What I am basically asking is, how do you agauge if you are doing good on each boss? For instance, as long as I'm under 10 min on Eagle, we are on track, and so on......

We are looking at the mount runs as progression. We are just running in and then killing Eagle then Bear. Once we get the speed down on Eagle, we'll move on to speeding up the transition to Bear, and so on. I hope you get my drift by this explanation. We aren't looking to blow the timer out of the water, we want to try to get there and done with a minute left at least by the expansion. Any ideas?
ARogers

Re: Gauging Time in a Bear Run

Postby Holyfuri » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:43 am

ARogers wrote:Some friends and I are building a strong core group for mount runs, and we awnt to basically progress through the run from Eagle -> Bear -> Dragonhawk -> Lynx.

What I am basically asking is, how do you agauge if you are doing good on each boss? For instance, as long as I'm under 10 min on Eagle, we are on track, and so on......

We are looking at the mount runs as progression. We are just running in and then killing Eagle then Bear. Once we get the speed down on Eagle, we'll move on to speeding up the transition to Bear, and so on. I hope you get my drift by this explanation. We aren't looking to blow the timer out of the water, we want to try to get there and done with a minute left at least by the expansion. Any ideas?

I don't even pay attention to the timer on eagle and bear personally. I gauge it by boss kill time if the trash went smoothly. Any kill over 3'30" is a bit slow, and means you need to be smooth with the next set of trash. Typically I gauge where we are as we pull dragonhawk. If you have 19+ minutes on the timer when you pull dragonhawk you should be ok. Fight takes just over 3 minutes, trash is cleared in about 9 minutes, and it's just over a 3 min fight to kill lynx boss as well. 12 mins is bare minimum after dragonhawk is down to have a shot really, and the pulls and kill have to go flawlessly in order to do that.
Holyfuri

Re: Gauging Time in a Bear Run

Postby ARogers » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:06 pm

Holyfuri wrote:
ARogers wrote:Some friends and I are building a strong core group for mount runs, and we awnt to basically progress through the run from Eagle -> Bear -> Dragonhawk -> Lynx.

I don't even pay attention to the timer on eagle and bear personally. I gauge it by boss kill time if the trash went smoothly. Any kill over 3'30" is a bit slow, and means you need to be smooth with the next set of trash. Typically I gauge where we are as we pull dragonhawk. If you have 19+ minutes on the timer when you pull dragonhawk you should be ok. Fight takes just over 3 minutes, trash is cleared in about 9 minutes, and it's just over a 3 min fight to kill lynx boss as well. 12 mins is bare minimum after dragonhawk is down to have a shot really, and the pulls and kill have to go flawlessly in order to do that.

So we should be able to down just Eagle or Bear in 3'30"? I hear a lot of people doing timed runs saying "It takes 5 min to kill him, let's hurry." I don't watch too heavily because the groups i've run with are geared well enough to not be close on either boss. This is the first time I've actually had to try to help a group progress through it.
ARogers

Postby guillex » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:09 pm

If you're in a late T5/T6 geared group, you should.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby samoa » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:27 pm

you don't have to be in t5/t6, t4/badge gear will be doable for the timers, most important thing is ppl needs to LISTEN,READ or WATCH VIDEO's on the fights. So that you don't have to explain it when you are doing time runs so there will be no down time, But we don't live in the world of ppl that has common sense to do those so just BOOT :twisted: from the raid.
samoa

Postby Holyfuri » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:29 pm

Yes, 3 minutes -3:30 is about average for boss kill time on all four bosses for us. We usually make a couple of mistakes and still have 2-4 minutes left on the timer however. I would imagine with a flawless run you should be able to kill each boss in about 5 minutes and still do it, but your room for error on trash is down to 0 at that point.
Holyfuri

Postby Kezia » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:57 pm

We generally have 22 minutes on the way to bear after Eagle, I think 31 minutes on the way to Dragonhawk, and then 19 minutes on the way to Lynx? On our best run, we had 9 minutes to spare after getting the bear.

This is in a BT-farm guild with my alt prot pally and a feral druid MTing.
Rhetoric of the Nightfall - Alterac Mountains (US)

Guild Master, Virulent // www.virulentam.wowstead.com // www.twitter.com/virulentam
Kezia

Postby Ryuusuke » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:09 am

3x after bear
2x after dragonhawk

though we usually got about 10 minutes to spare
Ryuusuke

Postby Seloei » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:34 am

~23-24 after eagle
~32-4 after bear
~15-22 after dhawk

Best time we had around 12 minutes left, but if you gauge your "dps" by boss kill times, then we were at 2:10-2:30 kills each with a full t6 dps.

Actually, the only times i watch for timers is if i feel like the boss is going down slow or we are at 16 minutes when it's time to pull eagle. If it feels like it's taking too long, it probably is and i ask them to focus more.

Anytime with 12 or more after dhawk means you maybe can get the bear. 15-16 minutes is the best to aim for at the start, that way you can make the timer with 1-2 minutes left atleast.
Seloei

Postby Syrcla » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:28 am

I don't pay too much attention to the timer until after dhawk. All of the bad pats are out of the way then and you can actually gauge where you are. We shoot for at least 15 minutes left after dhawk to feel comfortable. Usually end with at least 5 minutes to spare. But 15 left gives you a little room for error [read: fat cows trying to jump through huts! :) ]
Syrcla

Postby Seloei » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:14 pm

hut jump + tauren on a bear = impossible.

Consider going on the >>> side with sootheing the lynx or just aoe'ng them down. It's just as fast and a lot easier.
Seloei

Return to Zul'aman