Murmur

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Voxe » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:48 am

If discussed properly with your healer you ca ndo the following.

First boom --> Take it like a man and pot, your healer should have a Large heal rdy.

Second boom --> Shield up

Third boom (if he's still up by them) --> Lay on Hands.

The trick here is that your healer needs to be aware of the large dmg spike when you stay in the first boom, if (s)he doesn't, it all gonna be over quick.
Voxe

Postby istrienielle » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:36 pm

Sorry to sidetrack a little but dps who doesn't understand that silencing the healer = wipes just annoys me. One kitty dps I had even insisted the healer to move to him so that he could get healed.
istrienielle

Postby Katerina » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:20 am

istrienielle wrote:Sorry to sidetrack a little but dps who doesn't understand that silencing the healer = wipes just annoys me. One kitty dps I had even insisted the healer to move to him so that he could get healed.

ROFL! I seriously would have whispered the kitty and told him to run out and heal himself. I have zero, zilch, no patience for anyone abusing my healer. (S)he's there for my benefit, and the dpsers can L2bandaid. (My main is a holy priest, so I know dpsers need heals too, but dpsers get NO heals while a tank is at 20%. Ever.) Melee dps is just SoL in that fight. Blizzard hates them, and if he's worried about dying he can either get to Murmur's side so he'll be in range of heals, heal himself, or put on some caster gear.

/rant
Katerina

Postby Jobalq » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:42 am

Katerina wrote:
istrienielle wrote:Sorry to sidetrack a little but dps who doesn't understand that silencing the healer = wipes just annoys me. One kitty dps I had even insisted the healer to move to him so that he could get healed.

ROFL! I seriously would have whispered the kitty and told him to run out and heal himself. I have zero, zilch, no patience for anyone abusing my healer. (S)he's there for my benefit, and the dpsers can L2bandaid. (My main is a holy priest, so I know dpsers need heals too, but dpsers get NO heals while a tank is at 20%. Ever.) Melee dps is just SoL in that fight. Blizzard hates them, and if he's worried about dying he can either get to Murmur's side so he'll be in range of heals, heal himself, or put on some caster gear.

/rant

I agree with you.
DPS who doesnt carry a stack of bandaid its a dead dps .
"Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword". - Joanadark.
Jobalq

Postby Rumpleminze » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:39 am

I was having trouble with Murmur last night. I just stayed inside and took the booms. I can get out ok but can't get back in before resonance. The healer healed me after the boom and all the dps bandaged themselves. It worked out alot better. I might try running in and out once I can scrap up mats for boars speed but right now I'm better off taking the boom, popping a pot, or bubbling. Fortunately I can take the hits after the boom without much trouble for the healer to get me topped off again...at least in that group. It felt like a fail on my part but Murmur went down.
Rumpleminze

Postby Aldonza » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:47 am

I found Murmur especially easy. I've never had a melee class on him before, always playing either a hunter or priest, so I was worried about the blast.

I found it very easy though. As soon as the text hit my screen, turn and run. Even the times I turned late, I still got across the line before the boom. I only ever got hit once, and that was due to my standing too close to the line.
Aldonza
Maintankadonor

Postby Rumpleminze » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:40 am

How did you go about getting back in melee range before the resonance. Maybe I was running too far out? I'd like to get it down so I don't have to over tax the healer and more so becasue I'm pugging everything on the pally.
Rumpleminze

Postby Martie » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:29 am

I have a method for dealing with stupid dps.

First I make clear that it is important that skull dies first. I make this abundantly clear (because people are stupid and won't listen.)

Then I skull the dps that is being a moron.

I know it's weird, but it works. Sometimes.
I'm about to drop the hammer...
...and dispense some indiscriminate justice!

This is my armory profile
Martie

Postby Rokh » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:31 am

Its much easier to just take the Boom.

Just have your healer start casting a heal when murmur starts the Boom GFX... you will never notice it (not to mention its great for the mana pool)
Rokh

Postby Sederia » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:18 am

i've had the same issue
running out and back I kept getting slowed...

so I decided to suck it up and take it like a pally
potion
bubble
lay hands
potion
the herb absorb special(being a 375 herber has some perks)
if it goes much longer than that the dps is afk :/

as for dps that don't carry bandages..... WTF, I carry 2 stacks and I am receiving heals
Sederia

Postby Laenna » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:54 am

I have had this problem. What I do is stand as far from him as I can while still being in his hitbox....that way you have a bit of a headstart when running out. Seemed to work for me, GL ! :]
Laenna

Postby Katerina » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:02 am

Running just over the lip instead of straight back should help too, the lip seems to deflect the boom, where if you run straight back you have to actually outrange it.
Katerina

Postby Chiatodd » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:02 pm

after i first started running Slabs with my pally and wiping about 10 times cause i couldnt make it out in time, due to my high latency I had to figure another way of doing which was basically just staying in.....I always will bubble through one and just pop heals on myself for the rest. 1 or 2 heals will suffice. it is pretty easy to get the timing down so your heal lands right after the boom goes off....that is enough time for your healer to get you a big heal. once i started staying in I have never wiped again....well at least not one i was responsible for....same strat
Chiatodd

Postby Neara » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:11 am

have a castbar with timer for your enemies, start a Holy Light @ 2,0 sec left on Sonic Boom and everythings fine.
Neara

Postby errdo » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:57 pm

On normal i just stay in and take every blast, it does 80-90% of your remaining health, so it can never kill you, the hit after can though.

I always pot or time a heal on myself to land right after, and tell the healer to time a big heal also. never needed to bubble or loh on that fight

on heroic, i find it's just easier to run out though since the healer is too busy moving in and out too.
errdo

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics