Remove Advertisements

Promotion

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Promotion

Postby Donjuan » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:47 am

Hey guys, my tank has been promoted out of a guild that was still 2/6 ssc to a guild that has bt on farm and sunwell one boss down. They radining bt tonight and looks like im going, anything there that i can mess up? any tips? Im nervous as hell at messing up.

I should mention that i have two characters a paladin tank and warrior tank, and its the warrior that got accepted. I dont have enough badges to get full epic fire resists ( i can get one thing ) and have no epic shadow resistance, my plan is to use blue gear for resistance and use consumables like shadow/fire prot pots and flask of wonder.

Thanks guys.
Last edited by Donjuan on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Donjuan

Postby ulushnar » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:50 am

Read their strategies. Bring Consumables, follow instructions, focus and try to have fun. But definately focus.

Nothing pisses me off more than a new tank who can't get his mind on the job in front of him.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:52 am

Oh, and make sure your skin's thick and your balls are present. A new group can be intimidating, especially if it's content they're used to farming and you're completely unfamiliar with.

There's bound to be one or two jerks at least, so don't let them get to you.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Donjuan » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:01 am

Ulushnar wrote:Oh, and make sure your skin's thick and your balls are present. A new group can be intimidating, especially if it's content they're used to farming and you're completely unfamiliar with.

There's bound to be one or two jerks at least, so don't let them get to you.

hehe that sounds very familiar , thanks for heads up :)
Donjuan

Postby Saintsabbat » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:22 am

Donjuan!

I remember when I first dinged 70 you were my idol!

GL with BT, I'm guessing you're in Afterlife or WMC now? Although I don't know the name of your warrior!

Saint x
Proud GM, RL and MT of <Cataclysm> Bronze Dragonflight 5/5 MH, 9/9 BT.
Saintsabbat

Postby Donjuan » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:00 am

Saintsabbat wrote:Donjuan!

I remember when I first dinged 70 you were my idol!

GL with BT, I'm guessing you're in Afterlife or WMC now? Although I don't know the name of your warrior!

Saint x

:D yeah, finnaly made it to bt, but ironically as a warrior, in afterlife. Wish i did it long time ago now, instead of trying to do it on my own. Gerrious is the warrior. My enjoyment of the game really been renewed now, new challenges and what not. Spent ages convincing (with great success I think ) people my paladin is just as good as warrior :P, and now im a warrior myslef lol.

We did Illidian last night (small guy got a warglaive) , was alot of fun, seemed like one of those encounters where you have even one slacker its over, but im sure some will disagree and say its the ez mode :P
Donjuan

Postby Seloei » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:46 am

Even if you have it on farm mode. One lazy guy who has parasites will wipe the raid if he doesn't move out. It's a semi-fun fight tho, flames are boring wtb big guy :/
Seloei

Postby Saintsabbat » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:08 pm

Ah that's cool man, we were clearing to Illidan when you got the glaive. Sadly what with holidays etc we are in the position for more attempts on him but lack of sign-ups :(.

Best of luck in Afterlife :) x
Proud GM, RL and MT of <Cataclysm> Bronze Dragonflight 5/5 MH, 9/9 BT.
Saintsabbat

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:09 pm

Seloei wrote:Even if you have it on farm mode. One lazy guy who has parasites will wipe the raid if he doesn't move out. It's a semi-fun fight tho, flames are boring wtb big guy :/

After tanking illidan a couple of times you might realize that flames are way funnier than him
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Cidx » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:35 pm

First of all congrats on finding a new guild.

My first piece of advice for joining any new guild is make a good first look. Much like a job interview you want to show you're experienced and social so don't be afraid to chat when chat happens, listen to their rules and what their raid leader(s) say.

I suggest looking at EVERY fight from BT/MH and Sunwell on videos and strategies written by bosskillers or WoWwiki. If you guild has their own strategy written down then of course read it and again listen to anything raid leader's say.

BRING CONSUMABLES. I got into my present guild and was kicked out of a raid once for not having any flasks. Of course I was alittle wet behind the ears so I didn't think Flasks were a huge thing but they are. Here's what I keep with me EVERY night.
20x Nightmare Seeds
20x Healing Potion (Injectors sometimes)
20x Mana Potions (Injectors sometimes)
10x Greater Ward of Shielding
5x Greater Rune of Warding
40x +30 Stamina Food
10x Flasks of Fortification
5x Flask of Binding Light
20x Spell Damage Food
20x Savory Deviate Delight (For Fun and Mother Fight)
My Healing, FR and SR sets.
2x Superior Wizard oil (5 charges each)
10x Fire Protection Potions

Sure my list might be over kill but I am a Main Tank so I'm required to have everything even if I may not need it. We clear BT in 2 days also.

And a very important thing is... Have fun. I can't tell you how much fun I actually have killing bosses even more fun on bosses we're progressing on. Don't let the wipes get to you because some people can smell anger on you and makes them develop a bad image of you.
Cidx

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:38 pm

10x Flasks of Fortification

You raid for 40 hours per night o-O?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Westcott » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:27 am

You raid for 20 hours per night o-O?

fixt

But yeah x10 is a little crazy dude.

My guild took a huge hit last night losing the MT and 4-5 others. Tool is a sad Panda.
Tankadins: Keeping group members repair bills low since 2006
Westcott

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:44 am

gogo it's a good moment to step in for the main tank spot!

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Westcott » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:56 am

We never really had a "MT" per sai. I only called him that because he was gifted. I'm treated as any other tank in my guild. We don't seem to have the Pally < Warrior spats that others do. I limit myself because I think every spot should go to the best man/woman for the job. Even though we all would like to think we are always the best it's not the case. I've tanked most of the raid bosses and am content. On the bright side, this will give me more time to get involved with Maintankadin again. =)

OK Hijack Over

btw: wtb 40/21 club membership
Tankadins: Keeping group members repair bills low since 2006
Westcott

Postby Holyfuri » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:56 am

Yea that's a bit overkill...

We raid for 3-3.5 hours a night and here's what I usually have.

Shadow resist set
Fire resist set
Various trinkets and other gear for different gear setups (i.e. avoidance, max stam, threat)
20 x Nightmare Seed
20 x Super Healing Potion
20 x Super Mana Potion
2 x Flask of Blinding Light
2 x Flask of Fortification
20 x Elixir of Major Fortitude
20 x Elixir of Major Agility
20 x Adept's Elixir (Greater Arcane Elixir if possible, they are more $)
20 x stamina food
20 x agility food
20 x spell damage food
2 x Superior Wizard Oil
40 x Ironshield Potion
20 x Destruction Potion

I am a MT so I quit bringing my healing set, if I need it I can get ported and summoned back =)
Holyfuri

Next

Return to Black Temple