Remove Advertisements

Raiding Naxx in Tier 6? Def Problem!

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Lemondish » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:12 pm

Ferrix wrote:Yeah, its a little too early to tell, but with all the changes to which stats pallys will be using now, it makes sense that blizzard will rework all of the old gear to use the necessary stats. If they want warriors/pallys to use the same gear, I'm assuming they'll want all gear to be the same not just the new 70-80 gear, meaning they'll rework old gear.

I honestly don't know about this. As hopeful as I am they do this, it seemed to me that when the Hunter changes came about before BC, they only changed the tier sets. Now that there's a significant amount of different gear that isn't relegated to tier only, it may be a bit too much to hope that it all gets changed.

Or I may be looking at it wrong and all they really need to do is change the spell power to strength.
Lemondish

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:34 pm

It is no big deal anyhow. I had Tier 2/Tier 3 (ok, just bracers), but lots of stuff of AQ40. But still, nothing to tank, so I replaced everything. I can do the same again.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Blutreich » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:52 pm

i was mostly in MC equiv gear so i replaced it all as i went, but that was kind of the fun. You get better as you level, i would find it somewhat disheartening to run from level 70 to 80 and not get any better.
Going to spend my cab money on more shots and just take the ambulance home
Blutreich

Postby Pizbit » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:04 pm

Forlorn wrote:
However for people thinking they are going to be able to build a stam/block value set at 80 I wouldnt be so sure. Since they want all three plate tanking classes to use the same gear I will be very surprised if there is any BV on anything outside of shields
. So plan now for a situation where you have Str, Stam and Def/Dodge/Parry on gear and BR/BV only on shields.

Most likely due to the 2 str = 1 BV or so ;)
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:01 am

I really want to see the Level 80 Dungeon Set 4. That is what we "should" wear in Naxx. I think it will have a insane amount of Def. And it needs to.

+140 Def needed, 8 Pieces of Armor + 2 Rings, 1 Neckless, 1 Cloak, 1 Weapon, 1 Shield, 2 Trinkets gives 16 Slots.

686 Rating / 16 = 42,9 Average Def-Rating per Piece. Compare that to what you have right now.

Of course, new gems (huge improvement), new enchants (small improvement). But if they do not change tier 6 itemisation to a lot more +Def, we will not wear it, because we can not stay crit immune with it.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby mustangofold » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:19 am

Another thing to consider: Blizzards apparent desire to make PVP an E-Sport.

We may also expect them to have some Resilience required in PVE to compensate for the higher Defense required to be uncrittable.

Any word from any Beta testers if one of the stats apearing on drops, quest rewards, or instance drops is Resilience?
mustangofold

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:24 am

I thougth, that Resilience will not work against NPCs anymore. Read that somewhere.

The Equip WILL be there with Level 80 blue Set + Crafting + Reputation Vendors. No Problem.

But just not our T6.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby PsiVen » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:59 am

IMO, SotF was a PvP change and bosses won't crit anymore either.

It certainly makes NO sense after the crushing blow change for them to turn around and tell everyone but druids that they will be eating crits until T7, so it's either this or they really want us to replace T6 fast.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:05 am

Well, first Instance (I think Utgarde Keep, then Nexus) drops are already very strong.

The Axe of the final boss has 129 DPS (mein ZA Sword has 128,x or so) and the dagger of the first boss has +233 Spelldamage.

I think the item reset will be a lot stronger then before. I'm now Level 73, I did not replace anything of my tanking set yet. But I think it will start soon. Lets see the third and fourth instance drops.

But I think T6 Raiding will not happen. Tier 6 will stay in the bank like tier 2, just for looks though.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Lemondish » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:23 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:Well, first Instance (I think Utgarde Keep, then Nexus) drops are already very strong.

The Axe of the final boss has 129 DPS (mein ZA Sword has 128,x or so) and the dagger of the first boss has +233 Spelldamage.

I think the item reset will be a lot stronger then before. I'm now Level 73, I did not replace anything of my tanking set yet. But I think it will start soon. Lets see the third and fourth instance drops.

But I think T6 Raiding will not happen. Tier 6 will stay in the bank like tier 2, just for looks though.

I don't really like bumblebee shoulders =/
Lemondish

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:39 am

You don't? I like em more than Tier 5 and more than Tier 7.

This is Tier 7:

Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Norrath » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:22 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:You don't? I like em more than Tier 5 and more than Tier 7.

This is Tier 7:

That's T3. I'm pretty sure they haven't said they would reuse T3 as T7. (I've heard T3 would make a comeback, but that's it.)
Norrath

Postby fiorina » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:27 am

hehe, first "upgrade" (last boss in spider instance)... I guess this is the way of new tanking gear for us :)

fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:42 am

fiorina wrote:hehe, first "upgrade" (last boss in spider instance)... I guess this is the way of new tanking gear for us :)

Yeah I snagged that too. We also had something drop from the instance in Dalaran, that had very similar stats. High amounts of Str and Sta, with some def and dodge if I remember correctly.

Honestly, I don't see our Sunwell gear sticking around as long as people think, unless they go back and change the Spell Damage to Str or something like that, and I doubt they will.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:45 am

lalala nobody will read this at the end of the page
Last edited by PsiVen on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
PsiVen

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK