2-Healing ZA

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Ryuusuke » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:17 am

The thing which works best in my opinion is Priest and Druid. Both don't really go OOM and we can have fun with me getting the innervate (it DOES reg mana - about 300-500, that is... xD)

But basically you just need good healer. Combo is just a bonus. I BET a SW Geared Paladin could even single heal it with the correct group!
Well, as we've started our bear runs we only had one Full BT Geared pally - and no matter what other healer there was - he had a grasp on about 70-80% overall healing.
Thinking that one more DPS would shorten the fights - i bet he'd be able to do it =) Only hard thing would be Lynx - Though you'd go on max Avoidance and it's still easy as pie.
Ryuusuke

Postby Makaijin » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:26 am

I doubt a fully sunwell geared paladin can single heal ZA. A priest maybe, but definitely not a paladin. Paladin's efficiency only comes from spamming FoL, and he's going to have to spam big HL just to put out enough healing per second. He'll still run dry quickly enough on the Lynx, and god have mercy on him for even attempting to heal through spirit bolts on Hex Lord.
Makaijin

Postby Ryuusuke » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:43 am

Meh, i don't really count HLM or ZJ into a ZA Run xD
But seeing the percentages of healing for a full run, i really need to try this one weekend! I'll report back to you guys :)
Ryuusuke

Postby Seloei » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:54 am

Makaijin wrote:I doubt a fully sunwell geared paladin can single heal ZA. A priest maybe, but definitely not a paladin. Paladin's efficiency only comes from spamming FoL, and he's going to have to spam big HL just to put out enough healing per second. He'll still run dry quickly enough on the Lynx, and god have mercy on him for even attempting to heal through spirit bolts on Hex Lord.

A properly geared/skilled paladin could probably do it, but there is so much aoe damage going on elsewhere.

Crazypotato has solo healed lynx 2 times and he was at 30% mana at the end. In 25's he is not in a group with a shadowpriest and can go on for ages without going oom.

45% spellcrit + 300 mp5 -> endless max rank holy light spammage. You can't hit that high mp5 tho without sacrificing a lot of other stuff, but in reality, you don't need more than +2k heal, more is nice but a crit heal will top off any dps and nearly half of a tank's health.

And btw, FoL spam died as soon as you stepped into mh. If a pala only does it after mh, he is full of fail.
Seloei

Postby ARogers » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:52 am

Meliora wrote:Shaman Resto / CoH Priest for our run. I tank for a 2nd group but for the bear run I heal with my sham.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... g&n=Melons

/\ Moi

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Tengeoff

/\ Priest alt

Really just takes the two healers being confident and paying attention to do well :)

I went back to check out your healers, and it looks like the shammy has respeced. I know my priest healer needs about 2k unbuffed healing. How about the shammy? I would guess around 2k unbuffed there too. Can a 2k priest and 2k shammy dual-heal it?
ARogers

Postby Arquine » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:31 pm

depending on if I am tanking or not. I think gear matters alot here, according to what setup you bring.

When we started, I was the main healer in the group with our Prot Warrior MT/RL/GM as MT, we were mostly T6 geared so it wasn't hard.

We use a shaman / paladin setup, and 90% of the time we're just randomly healing raid damage and I'll top up the tank time to time.

On bear boss especially, we just run with 1 healer with me solo healing and our shaman dpsing. This is much more difficult on other bosses because of the raid damage, and paladin's inefficiency in raid healing.

when I'm tanking, our GM/MT will run with his priest instead of my paladin. He's like T4 / Heroic Badge priest, I think about the same effect except I need quite alot more healing in general compared to him.
Arquine

Postby Katerina » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:07 am

We roll with priest/priest, priest/druid, or priest/shammy. All three work well. We almost never bring a shadow priest, so need to bring a healy priest for dispells (and we happen to have several terrific priests - obviously talent is > class here). In all honestly one CoH and one IDS priest rather trivializes two-healing it as priests have incredible regen.

We don't switch the raid out throughout the run, though I pop into healing gear for ZJ (and eagle, depending on who my co-tank is).
Katerina

Postby Eanin » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:28 am

We run two healers and three tanks and are successfully getting bears (four in a row now). The third tank is a druid, so he's dps most of the time, but we like having the extra tank on trash (and it saved a wipe when we had an, erm, issue on Lynx boss).
Eanin

Previous

Return to Zul'aman