Remove Advertisements

Bear Run Setup?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Bear Run Setup?

Postby ShaiHulud » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:40 pm

My guild already has a group clearing once or twice a week for bears. I'm looking to get another group going possibly. Gear wise it's somewhat "slim pickings". But here's the setup I'm thinking of running with the DPS in the guild that I think is going to push through.

Prot Pally
Feral Druid
BM Hunter
BM Hunter
Resto Shammy

Elem Shammy
Warlock
Warlock or Mage
Spirit/CoH Priest
Shadow Priest

Think this setup will work? Most of the DPSers are in T5/T6 gear. The healers will be in mostly T6 as will the feral druid. The problem I hit is a prot pally. We don't have any main raiding prot pallys atm. The ones we had are now Holy and Ret for 25 mans and only respec for the current bear run. My alt is a prot pally but I don't think it's geared enough to MT a bear run without putting too much strain on the healers. Do you think I could with the gear I have? What easy upgrades do you think I'd need if you don't think I am?
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Postby Petrus » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:54 pm

You *might* be able to do it, but you'll probably need to flask/oil/food for spelldamage and threat to keep the dps behind you, and your healers really need to be solid.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:59 pm

Not every bear run needs a prot pala, just we make it retardedly easy.

Druid + Druid combo is good also, swipe is decent aoe threat. Or Druid + Warrior, with warrior marking skull all the time.

Otherwise, assuming those people know what they are doing and where and how to go. It should be cake.

The first runs we had was with people without any mh/bt gear and before the 2.4 "epix". Hell, only me and one healer had t5 shoulders (only piece from 25's) and we still made the timer with 2 minutes to spare.

Any group setup works which includes 10 competent people that know their class and know the instance.
Seloei

Postby Helenia » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:50 pm

Prot Paladin
Resto Druid
Resto Shaman
Shadow Priest
Destro Lock

Feral Druid
Enhancement Shaman
Fury Warrior
Ret Paladin
Rogue

works every well.
Helenia

Re: Bear Run Setup?

Postby Lookit » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:59 pm

ShaiHulud wrote:
Prot Pally
Feral Druid
BM Hunter
BM Hunter
Resto Shammy

Elem Shammy
Warlock
Warlock or Mage
Spirit/CoH Priest
Shadow Priest

I would personally switch the prot pally with one of the warlocks in that setup. The benefit that that the pally gets from being in the caster group (namely spriest mana regen and WoA totem) will benefit the raid overall much more than the warlock. Having an OOM prot pally is when dps starts dying on trash, because the pally can't generate enough threat and won't even be able to taunt if he is completely oom. And giving the pally +101 spell damage really boosts his threat during bosses, greatly freeing up the dps to go all out.

As to your concerns whether your pally alt can do it, it really depends on your healers. Just gear smartly (maximize stam and threat for trash and the bear & lynx bosses, since they don't crush, and wear a little FR for the dragonhawk adds) and use consumables.
Lookit

Postby Ryuusuke » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:13 am

Actually i find this setup VERY solid!

BMs will (hopefully) be #1 and #2 in DMG - they can Stun the casters. 2 Warlocks is great for DPS, too. Just have a magetoon buff you AI and give you mana biscuits :P

Your group Composition is VERY good. As a Paladin you just go in there with full Spelldmg gear (rings, trinket, shield) and you'll take enough dmg so you only need to regen mana after every Bossfight, which doesn't really hurt you.

You got Bloodlust for every Boss in 2 Groups - perfekt. If i'd go with this Setup with my people we'd be through there in literally no time. I bet something around 15 minutes to spare!

And as you've mentioned your gear doesnt seem to be very good. So you'd be the trash tank - making the run easy - and the Feral would MT every Boss.
On Bear Boss your Healers need to be very aware and need to keep you onTop. Lynx wouldn't be too troublesome. Even if you were to die - a druid can single tank the lynx this easyly... Cleave really doesn't hurt him bad =)
Ryuusuke

Postby Splitty » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:37 am

The group I generally run every reset

Feral Druid
Enhancement Shaman
BM Hunter
BM Hunter
Resto Druid

Prot Pally
Elemental Shaman
Mage
Resto Shaman
Shadow Priest

3x Bloodlust is amazing. Group 1 are all LW so drums uptime is up just about 100% of the time.
Splitty

Postby samsara » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:53 am

We do it with

2 * Prot pally
2 * Ele shaman
1 * Warlock
1 * Mage
1 * Rogue
1 * Healdruid
1 * Healpaladin
1 * Shadow

and have plenty of time left after the 4th kill (about 5-8 minutes depending on how focused and drunken some of us are )

But i expirienced that the setup just tune it a little more easier or less easier. The mainaspect for me is the mood in the group and the way those players can play with each other and the training. Now we don't have to mark every group or talk alot about the taktic we just do it like we used to do and have some smalltalk while we do the trash. On bossfights some people give some commands but overall we don't have to talk much about the instance at all.

I personaly think that you can do the bear-run with every 2-Tank-2-Heal Setup if the partymembers know and like each other and are skilled players.
samsara

Postby Syrcla » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:36 am

My current runs are with:

Prot war
Prot pally
CoH priest
BM hunter
Feral druid (sometimes swap lock into g1 and bring elem shaman)

Destro Lock
Destro Lock
Fire mage
Holy pally
Spriest

Not an ideal setup, but we make it work pretty well.
Syrcla

Postby Balzmcgurkin » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:32 pm

We run w/

Prot Pally
Feral Drood
Rogue
BM Huntard
Threat Pally

Warlock
Warlock
CoH Priest
Shadow Priest
Resto Sham
Balzmcgurkin

Postby Darus » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:51 am

ive done several runs with 15-16 minutes left of the timer after the time event is completed.

prot pali
feral
spriest
resto shaman
resto shaman
warlock
warlock
warlock
mage
hunter

is the setup that tend to give best timescore, but about every setup in the book is viable to make a decent run.
Darus

Postby Epicfailguy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:04 pm

I do bear runs with a few groups of people.

We mostly use

Group1-
Prot paladin
2x Rogue
Fury warrior (offtank)
Hunter

Group2-
Circle of healing priest
Resto shaman
Shadow priest
Destro lock
Hunter

We have about 8-10 mins left on the timer when we get our bears.

The main thing about getting bears is, having 2 geared healers to 2 heal it. Once you have that, its pretty easy.

A prot paladin can go into ZA and do bear runs with kara+badge gear easily.

Your gear looks a little low for it. Grind out some more badges and get more badge gear.
Epicfailguy

Return to Zul'aman