Kalecgos

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:57 am

bubble taunt last 3 seconds, and cannot be done if you are already tanking
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Atreidies » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:22 pm

Worldie wrote:bubble taunt last 3 seconds, and cannot be done if you are already tanking

I'm pretty sure that if you bubble, the mob won't be looking your way, which means your taunt will work just fine. But that seems like an incredibly dumb move unless you bubble from low HP with no other tanks around.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:06 pm

Correct, but there's a 99% chance that when you bubble in that 200 ms before righteous defence fires he will throw a melee to the closest dps.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Hexzon » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:47 am

Well you could use a bubble and retaunt b4 it hits someone depending on threat table, also depends on ya ms and all but you can do it without anyone dieing, i mean and if another tank is tanking at the time then u can do it safely without problems.

Now as for the length honestly i'm not 100% sure because i rarely use this however i'm quite sure that i've held aggro for full bubble, i'm quite sure more then 3 seconds thats for sure.

Even if its only 3 seconds u hold agro anyway still 3 seconds with no dmg

-Edit Hmm yeah only 3 second, idk i musta been high the last time i tryed it lawl
Hexzon

Postby Tisiphone » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:48 am

Bubble and RD are on GCD. That means the actual time from bubble to RD is 1.5 + ms, which is enough to get at least one DPS gibbed.
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
Tisiphone

Postby Fangwui » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:39 pm

right so it isn't a very safe method although i guess if it were on the last 10% of kalecgos letting 1 DPS die wouldn't be all that bad. i'll probably get a lot of hate though.
Fangwui

Postby Zappi » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:56 pm

I tried to solo tank Kalecgos today, but the stack never run out. I had 150 arcane resi at the first try and 210 at our 2nd try, but I got approx. one resist at all.

Bad luck or did they change something with the new patch?
Zappi

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:00 pm

Bad luck i guess.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Base » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:30 am

Zappi wrote:I tried to solo tank Kalecgos today, but the stack never run out. I had 150 arcane resi at the first try and 210 at our 2nd try, but I got approx. one resist at all.

Bad luck or did they change something with the new patch?

I did the same on Tuesday - about 160 (I think) and the stacks continue to build up - however save your bubble for about 40-45% (warn melee before) and you should be fine. I think I had about 10-12 stacks when I bubbled them off.
Base

Postby Syrcla » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:07 am

Morganim wrote:At time i have 1 druid keep me up solo
IMO ban tree form from sunwell until they learn wtf to do and make sure they know there going to need to spam a few HT's every now and then

We have the same issue. The trees just complain that paladins take too much damage. WTB healers who know how to play and aren't rocking pvp gear... :roll:
Syrcla

Postby towelliee » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:36 am

So for AR gear would investing in 3 pieces of enchanted adamantite be worth it?. I would get about 120 AR from it and heard it helps.
towelliee

Postby Base » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:08 am

I think that you loose some very important piece of gear by using the enchanted Adam gear.

I use:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31113
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30831 (plus +15 ench)
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=24098

Which together with MoTW and Flask of chromatic wonder takes me to 187AR (195 with imp MotW).
Base

Postby Neuron » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:46 am

You don't really need AR to tank this guy at all. If marks are stacking too high, it is probably your strategy that needs modification, not your gear.

Wear your best tanking gear. Don't use a PVP trinket.

Warn healers when you are taunting.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Base » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:59 am

The AR gear is for single tank kalec tanking and we've found it much easier than having all tanks constantly switching.

The AR gear doesn't gimp me that much (300 hp and 3.5% avoidance unbuffed) and means that the healers know that they need to be healing me as soon as they get through to the dragon realm.

Sometimes I've needed to bubble (10-12 stacks) at 45%, most times I see the stacks drop off a couple of times during the fight and I bubble off the remaining ones just before enrage at 10%.
Base

Postby towelliee » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:31 am

Ah ok I am only going by what I hear in Vent. I will try to get those pieces right there.
towelliee

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau