Problem with final boss in Hellfire Ramps - the heroic ed.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Problem with final boss in Hellfire Ramps - the heroic ed.

Postby Losbullitt » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:20 am

Yeah so we keep wiping on Naz. He drops from the sky, I get aggro and he just nails me to the wall. I'm half epic'd on Kara gear and waiting on badges/more drops for the rest.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Losbullitt

I drop consecrate and hit him with a judgement (seal of righteousness). Then I get pwn3d with fire. :(

Help?
Losbullitt

Postby Origon » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:39 am

Strafe as he breathes on you, it leaves some patches of fire on the ground as well, hurts like hell. Try not to stand still too long while tanking the guy, he's constantly setting down fire underneath you, just keep him moving around slowly. Fire resist aura is generally all it takes for him, make sure you have it up.

Cant offer any more advice at this point in time as Armory is blocked at work :P
Origon

Postby Losbullitt » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:49 am

My fire aura is gay. Like 70 (standard). You sure that will work?
Losbullitt

Postby ulushnar » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:50 am

Losbullitt wrote:My fire aura is gay. Like 70 (standard). You sure that will work?

Your fire aura is happy? Then you should definately use it.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby ldeboer » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:55 am

When you say pwned by the fire there are two parts to the fire he breaths at you and then leaves a spot still on fire on the ground.

Three questions:

1.) Do you immediately die when he breaths
2.) Are you moving out of fire spot left on ground when he breathes
3.) Do you have your fire resist aura on

When you tank him you have to move a few paces left or right from the fire spot each time he does the fire breath because of the spot on ground.

Final comment you could also get your self over 1000 extra HP and a lot more avoidance by chanting and gemming properly you need to read http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=4859. And please please get a 40 spell damage chant on that weapon before gemming for spell damage :(

You need to lose http://www.wowhead.com/?item=24087 as you already have at least http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29276 in your possesion.
ldeboer

Postby Losbullitt » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:54 am

I wish it were happy. Instead, the aura makes me miserable.

1.) Do you immediately die when he breaths

No. I'm not that kind of fail. I suppose, however, standing in the stream is a bit stupid. However, looking at the damage chart (in chat log), He didn't hit me for that much. In fact, had I not died, we probably would've cleared it.

2.) Are you moving out of fire spot left on ground when he breathes

At first yes. But I didn't see a difference in hp/damage taken. Might be because I was focused on dropping seals and judgements.

The second time, I stood still while my sister healed me in vain. Also had a nice innervate pop before I fell to the dank brick ground.

3.) Do you have your fire resist aura on

First fight yes. Second fight, no.

Final comment you could also get your self over 1000 extra HP and a lot more avoidance by chanting and gemming properly you need to read http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=4859. And please please get a 40 spell damage chant on that weapon before gemming for spell damage

I read through that awhile ago and I believe I'm properly gemmed. But I'm always up for redoing and looking over stuff. I am uncrushable but only with [using] the pocketwatch and holy shield. Puts me a little above 103, if my calc is correct. Other than that, I'm a solid 80.

You need to lose http://www.wowhead.com/?item=24087 as you already have at least http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29276 in your possesion.

I completley forgot about it. Thanks!
Losbullitt

Postby Makaijin » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:12 am

Standing out of the fire is crucial. If i remember the fire patchs ticks for almost 4k a pop. I have a zig zag kite path that I adapt that puts me out of fire patches while still keeping Naz faced away from the rest of the group. The fire patches actually appear as soon as Naz breathes fire, but the first tick doesn't start until 2 seconds later.
Makaijin

Postby Katerina » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:21 am

Were you outranging your healer (I've had that happen to me when I was the healer)? Was she having to spend a lot of time healing the dpsers because they were standing in the fire, or getting breathed on because your movements sometimes accidently spun the dragon to face them?

As mentioned, +12 or +15 stam gems (if you can afford them) and +40 spell damage enchant would do probably do wonders for your threat and survivability.

The hard part of that fight for me (both as a tank and a healer) is when the dragon lands. If I have a hunter I ask for an MD so the healer doesn't get pwned, and I save AS for that (though the cast time makes it scary). Someone mentioned dragging the guy to the middle of the platform so that the dragon lands in judgement range but I haven't had a chance to try that.
Katerina

Postby Losbullitt » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:00 pm

Reflecting on last night's events, I can't remember for sure what I was doing. That being said, there are some things that I've noticed while I've been running Heroic Ramps:

1) Aggro isn't too bad initially. But again with Naz dropping, the first two times were difficult for me to maintain aggro while the rest of the gang burned him down. My dps ranges from 220 - 300, largely depending on consecrates, amount of mobs in the radius and if they're undead or not. Naz seemed interested in me when I dropped judgement (SoR) and consecrate. It was the last two times we fought him that he would stick with me and burn me (us) to death.

2) His hits aren't that bad which is around 2k a pop. Does he hit multiple times a second or what? I can't pull up a log from last night. But from what I remember (I don't look at my hp when I'm engaged in a fight, maybe I'm wrong for that), they hovered between 2k - 2.5k.

3) Should the team burn Naz down immediately or should I play with him a sec to further my threat count from everyone else? At times he'd seem to run off and chase someone. I'd have to pop Righteous Defense to pull him back to me.

4) I'm on hybrid gems (+4 defense +6 stamina) because when I switch from Felsteel armor to the Karazhan drops, I took a big hit in defense. Thus why I'm not keen on doing stamina until I can offset the loss in defense. However I completely agree with you with the gems.

Thanks for the help and any more advice you can throw my way.
Losbullitt

Postby istrienielle » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:31 pm

Well you have 501 defense so you can afford to shift gems for stam.
Last edited by istrienielle on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
istrienielle

Postby ldeboer » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:45 pm

Okay here is the seq I use for this ..

The guy lands on platform I drop consecrate pop wings and judge righteous on him. This guy doesnt hit that hard so if dps pull agro just taunt him back.

The moment the dragon lands I ignore this guy (he only has 20% HP and dps finish him off as he chases me) and run towards dragon and cast avengers shield. Quite often the dragon will have agro on healer you have to get him off. I then judge seal as I run past him to turn him away from raid so tail is towards raid.

You tank him so his head is never towards the raid I use around 45 degree either side of directly away from raid because you have to avoid fire spots on ground the aoe tick from the fire spots is massive.

He may occasionally turn quickly to spit a fireball at one in raid or fear them but beyons that he is facing me.
ldeboer

Postby Losbullitt » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:50 am

istrienielle wrote:Well you have 501 defense so you can afford to shift gems for stam.

If I shift gems for stamina, I lose my +3 to dodge, etc.
Losbullitt

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics