Remove Advertisements

Midnight vs Moroes adds

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Midnight vs Moroes adds

Postby Dendrah » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:47 am

Hey!

You'll never believe it but my group permitted me to OT Kara the other day.

Trash on Atumen was ok. I ended up with more adds on me then the MT warrior. Maybe I should censecrate less? Naaaah :)

I tanked Midnight althou my basic SD is only 97. I didn't really have the feeling DPS held back to much. All went fine. I even had Atumen and Midnight both at the beginning.

Trash up to Moroes is what we are build for. That was so cool...

Trouble started on Moroes thou. Warrior on Moroes, me on adds. We wiped a couple of times. I have the idea that it is mainly because I was undergeared. Midnight went fine thou. And I could survive the adds too. Just not every time.

Is Moroes really that much harder then Atumen?

My Armory for reference:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... od&n=Denby
Dendrah

Re: Midnight vs Moroes adds

Postby solina » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:11 am

Dendrah wrote:Is Moroes really that much harder then Atumen?

Yes.

Moroes is the hardest fight in Kara for the expected gear level.

And, at your gear level, I wouldn't recommend AoE tanking it.. it's worthwhile to have the adds under control until you can properly mitigate their damage.

Ask your DPS if they were holding back, don't just assume they weren't. If they were, then maybe they were holding back on Moroes too, causing extra garrotes (and extra healer mana to be used).

If you were just doing adds, who's holding #2 aggro on Moroes so he has a place to go to after he blinds/gouges the MT?

Describing the steps leading up to your wipe will make it easier to diagnose the problem.
solina

Postby ldeboer » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:53 pm

Moroes adds stun and that is about when you will die at your gear level. You could try using a free action pot but with only 97 spell damage doubt your dps could burn all the adds before it's effect wore off but they may kill enough to survive.
ldeboer

Postby Dendrah » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:21 pm

I'm sure the DPS held back.

On Moroes I only did adds. I couldn't get a proper amount of censecrations on Moroes thou so once I survived the adds I was oom and useless.

Yeah those stuns might have done it.

Working on more gear atm. Will go back to Kara later
Dendrah

Postby ldeboer » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:21 am

Trying to understand what you just said

/quote

On Moroes I only did adds. I couldn't get a proper amount of censecrations on Moroes thou so once I survived the adds I was oom and useless.

/unquote

So your group managed to kill all the adds and only had moroes up?

You are only trying to stay 2nd on agro list so when moroes stuns the main tank he comes beat up on you rather than a healer. Given he should be tanked in your consecrate and noone but the tank should be hitting him that should be rather easy.

With all the adds dead the raid starts on moroes and all the raid needs to do is watch who is number 2 behind the tank for the situation the tank gets gouged where moroes will move to dps number 2 on threat list till the Main tank becomes unstunned.

The simple options are

1. If you have a hunter(s) MD to you boosting your threat
2. If you have a melee class plate or mail wearer they can get number 2 as moroes doesn't hit that hard.

Sounds to me if you got that far it was probably easily doable but you needed to understand the fight better because you being out of mana and useless is not the end of the world.

A final piece of advice

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=20520 are very useful in the situation you just got into. They give you direct mana and take health which means you get healed giving you more mana. Then judge wisdom and only keep judging righteous dont consecrate as you dont have the mana to keep it up and righteous generates more threat than consecrate.
ldeboer

Return to Karazhan