Remove Advertisements

Beta Opt in Website

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Beta Opt in Website

Postby Gustov » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:54 pm

Can anyone check this for me to see if its valid/has any dirty links etc...my friend who got into the beta gave me the site. Im going to go trough the source code myself but id like a second hand.

EDITED BY GUSTOV - NO MORE LINK

EDIT:I have gone through the source, but not the Javascript. Source looks clean to me. no fishy submissions or posts/calls anyone else?
Last edited by Gustov on Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gustov

Re: Beta Opt in Website

Postby Sartor » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:56 pm

Gustov wrote:Can anyone check this for me to see if its valid/has any dirty links etc...my friend who got into the beta gave me the site. Im going to go trough the source code myself but id like a second hand.

Keylogger

I even wont open it, it is obviously a phishing site. I recommend u to delete the topic!!!!
Sartor

Postby Gustov » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:00 pm

that's what i thought, but my friend signed up there for the beta and hes now in the beta. not sure what's going on, can anyone else who knows code help me check? ive scanned all the files and they are clean when i saved em to my HD.
Gustov

Postby Sartor » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:03 pm

Gustov wrote:that's what i thought, but my friend signed up there for the beta and hes now in the beta. not sure what's going on, can anyone else who knows code help me check? ive scanned all the files and they are clean when i saved em to my HD.

There might be some server side pages - such as PHP, ASP, ASPX (ASP.NET). These pages (or at least the code) cannot be saved since they are executed on the server, and are not read on client side. While on back-end they could run some phishing scripts parsed to client-side, thus violating your security.

Just by signing up and filling a form, your friend could just parse some info into a database, where the site developer can easily extract (it could be even simple excell table).

Personally, I would not guarantee for such sites, and I prefer to avoid them. ;)
Sartor

Postby Gustov » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:05 pm

I realized that. the only other page that the post forms lead to is engine.php which i havent been able to get the source for. and i was would prefer to stay on the legal side of things...i dont think i will :p
Gustov

Postby Pizbit » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:21 pm

Personally...
GTFO anything not officially blizzard.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby guillex » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:23 pm

Pizbit wrote:Personally...
GTFO anything not officially blizzard.

This.

And, did you ever wonder why they'd go through the trouble of setting up a whole website, when they just made a link in the account page for the opt-in?

Hmm??

HMMMMMMM???
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Gustov » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:38 pm

of course lol. but like i said. my friend signed up here and received an e-mail with a beta key. any chance someone could make a trial account to test it?
Gustov

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:07 pm

I'd tell your friend to change his account pwd asap.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Gustov » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:11 pm

i did when he first signed up haha. mind deleting this topic worldie so nobody gets screwed over?
Gustov

Postby fiorina » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:23 pm

Gustov wrote:of course lol. but like i said. my friend signed up here and received an e-mail with a beta key.

suuuuure
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:38 pm

Worldie wrote:I'd tell your friend to change stay off the internet asap.

fixed.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Gustov » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:45 pm

haha modus true that. i just wanted to see what was up with the site and i dont know much javascript...just enough to get into trouble with haha and i hate taking code apart or i wouldnt have posted it.
Gustov

Return to WotLK