Remove Advertisements

Tankadin acceptability survey!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

How well are tankadins accepted on your servers?

People are years lag behind here and almost no one ever want tankadins here
2%
Some people like tankadins but many people still prefer warrior tanks
28%
Most people accept tankadins, warrior tanks and druid tanks equally
45%
Most people actually prefer tankadins over other tanks here!
25%

Total votes : 162

Tankadin acceptability survey!

Postby Wakeman » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:13 am

I am lucky that most of the people on my server are open-minded and readily accepted tankadins during early TBC. When I was still playing, I had not encountered PuGs that refused to let me tank. I was the main tank of my guild. I only saw a few people on the forum still holding the old view that warrior tanks are always prefered but they are Alliance so I don't care. ;)

Nevertheless, people are still complaining about discrimination against tankadins from time to time, although the frequency is probably decreasing. Now WotLK is coming, lets do a little survey on how well tankadins are accepted on your servers!
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby Arnock » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:15 am

the few times there is the anti tankadin/druid prejudice on Llane is when it comes to progression main tanking, most still prefer warriors in that area
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Aalryn » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:21 am

for any 5 man or heroic, karazhan, or ZA people prefer tankadins on my server.

for raids usually warriors come up on top. I believe tankadins are more accepted than druids, because quite honestly, we are pretty much better in every way.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Arcand » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:22 am

You'd get better information breaking it up into two surveys, one for raids and one for everything else.

For raids we're a 1, for everything else a 4.

More precisely, for 25-man raids we're a 1 and for everything else we're a 4.
Last edited by Arcand on Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arcand

Postby Nikachelle » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:23 am

I've never run in to people saying I can't tank, in fact the reaction is the opposite... there seems to be a sense of relief when a paladin shows up to tank something.

The only instance where I was completely taken aback was when a druid healer said he'd NEVER seen a pally tank and couldn't figure out if it would go okay. How is it possible that somebody has never experienced a pally tank??
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Arcand » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:29 am

Nikachelle wrote:I've never run in to people saying I can't tank, in fact the reaction is the opposite... there seems to be a sense of relief when a paladin shows up to tank something.

I think the reasoning goes "PuGs are full of dumb people, but a dumb tankadin can still tank adequately while a dumb warrior/bear will fail hard".
Arcand

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:48 am

I still don't happen to can tank heroic SV on boulderfist apparently
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Hoops » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:50 am

When ever i join an heroic they ask me if im a tank. I say yes and the group explodes with "OMG YES!! I love tankadins! <3!!"

:D
Hoops

Postby Aalryn » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:51 am

Worldie wrote:I still don't happen to can tank heroic SV on boulderfist apparently

lol I still get this sometimes for just stupid things.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Meatydog » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:52 am

Tankadins are starting to become more and more populated and accepted on my server, but half of them dont know what they are doing and most of the server underestimates the power of a pally tank. But just a few can make the difference. which all it takes.
Meatydog

Postby Sederia » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:12 am

depends on the person lately
1 shammy healer literally disbands from groups when I join.... says I die to fast, nevermind I went ~14k hps + a potion without a heal when he was healer

and others are like omg a pally tank *love, drool, etc*
Sederia

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:14 am

Malorne won't discriminate against you if you tank as a Paladin, but try to dps as a Shaman and the flaming crosses start to appear.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:17 am

Arcand wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:I've never run in to people saying I can't tank, in fact the reaction is the opposite... there seems to be a sense of relief when a paladin shows up to tank something.

I think the reasoning goes "PuGs are full of dumb people, but a dumb tankadin can still tank adequately while a dumb warrior/bear will fail hard".

Very much so.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:18 am

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:Malorne won't discriminate against you if you tank as a Paladin, but try to dps as a Shaman and the flaming crosses start to appear.

:shock:
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby duruk » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:57 am

I'm lucky enough to be in a pretty casual guild, and they LOVE pallytanks in 5/10 mans. But they're also not too stressed on progression, so they accept offspecs. And our maintanks are a warrior, druid and pally. Diversity is better than just having one class, and they try to play the strengths and weaknesses of each class.

And as such there is noone that is really the maintank. Everyone is a tank, and sometimes our pally tanks, sometimes the warrior, sometimes the druid.
Duruk, EU-Khadgar - Lvl85 Paladin Tank.
duruk

Next

Return to General