2-Healing ZA

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

2-Healing ZA

Postby ARogers » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:24 am

I know this is a big thing a lot of people use for ZA to get good timed loot. However, do any of you that do it know what healing is needed and what healers work best? I would guess one healer would have to be a druid or priest for hots or aoe healing. Then maybe a pally with massive healing for single target? Also, how would you assign just 2 on things like the gauntlet?

I think we could consistently put up 3 chests if we could swap a healer for DPS. I have a shammy that is almost 70..... I wonder I could do a hybrid ele/healer. It would add DPS and only sacrafice healing a bit.

Any suggestions? Right now, our group has a pally, druid, shammy, and priest healer, so we can gear up whatever is needed.
ARogers

Postby Meehnea » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:05 am

Shaman healer and druid healer works best for us. Differs from group to group.
Meehnea

Postby ARogers » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:09 am

Meehnea wrote:Shaman healer and druid healer works best for us. Differs from group to group.

What kind of +healing are you running with? I'm thinking 2k at least. That shouldn't be too hard for a shammy. Although on a druid, I have no idea how their healing works.
ARogers

Postby Antagonist » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:22 am

Meehnea wrote:Shaman healer and druid healer works best for us. Differs from group to group.

We tend to roll double shaman, or shaman/druid.

The druid is nice for a root on the scouts, but it's not critical.
Antagonist

Postby Balzmcgurkin » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:07 pm

Resto Sham/CoH Priest for our bear runs. Both our Shammy and Priest have at least 4 pc t6.
Balzmcgurkin

Postby stormknight » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:35 pm

Priest & Shaman or Paladin & Shaman or Priest & Paladin is working very good for us. Paladin & druid failed one time.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
stormknight

Postby Meliora » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:30 pm

Shaman Resto / CoH Priest for our run. I tank for a 2nd group but for the bear run I heal with my sham.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... g&n=Melons

/\ Moi

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Tengeoff

/\ Priest alt

Really just takes the two healers being confident and paying attention to do well :)
Meliora

Postby Seloei » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:59 pm

Tried all of the 2 heal possibilities, they all work but all depends on player skill/gear.
Most often we run with a Druid+paladin since they are almost always present.

the worst combo was a coh + druid on dhawk trash. Rarely we lose people, that time we almost wiped.

Otherwise, if the person mentioned has atleast half badge loot (others epic pieces) and competent heal skill, he can 2 heal it. The time when you can go from 3->2 is when the healers are complaining that they have to work to get a heal in before the others.
Seloei

Postby Seloei » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:01 pm

Oh, a competent shadowpriest makes the run a real smoothe run also, no mana problems for the healers and you only have to drink maybe 1-2 mana pot together vs 10-15 without one.
Seloei

Postby Jtree » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:15 am

My group usually takes a CoH and a tree, with a spriest in my group to keep things smooth.
Jtree

Postby Antagonist » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:23 am

Jtree wrote:My group usually takes a CoH and a tree, with a spriest in my group to keep things smooth.

Yeah, a Spriest is essential to managing a 2 healer run.

sadly we've been stacking casters lately and I don't get to be in that grp, so I've been chugging pots like a motherfucker.
Antagonist

Druid + Priest

Postby Bard » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:54 pm

Druid and Priest.

I play a druid healer. In my experience, when we roll with a pally healer as my partner, even a very good one, it's much more taxing on my mana pool. I spend a lot more mana on trash waves and bosses.

On the other hand, when we go Druid + Priest, it's like night and day. Neither of us needs to be in the shadow priest group for mana regen - though we typically have the healing priest in that group anyway.

What works best for you will vary from group to group and probably depends a great deal on which healing classes you have available.
Bard

Postby Meliora » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:06 pm

When we do a bear run we stack it so the prot paladin is guaranteed a spriest and a resto shaman. Reason being between the mana regen and mana tide, he should be able to keep moving with less down time.
Meliora

Postby Helenia » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:49 pm

I would think resto shaman x2 would be best almost entirely due to providing two heroisms...

...you sub the shamans into the dps group and burn 2-3 heroisms on bosses depending on whether you have an elemental/enhancement shaman along.
Helenia

Postby Makaijin » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:59 pm

Many combination of classes will work, but the worst combination i can think of is probably with 2 paladins. As long as there is at least 1 class thats suited for raid healing such as a CoH priest or a Shammy, it should work out quite well.
Makaijin

Next

Return to Zul'aman