New Build

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

New Build

Postby Menardi » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:26 am

This is the spec I'm trying at the moment. It'd be good to see some feedback on it, particularly from people with 25man experience.

No Kings: because every other Paladin in my guild already has Kings. I don't really need it for heroics either, when I run a heroic it's usually for a guildie anyway.
No Spell Warding: because I don't really tank anything that uses many spells. Anything that does is trivial content anyway, apart from certain mobs that we use our Warriors on. (TK SUCKS!)
3/5 Weapon Expertise: I actually just tried a build with 5/5 WE and no Reckoning, I liked it but I heard somewhere that 10 skill is where you start experiencing diminishing returns on each point.

At the moment I'm mainly tanking SSC and TK. My guild was very much against Paladin tanking but one of the officers was willing to give me a go and the rest of the guild is opening up now. In fact, ever since our Al'ar kill there seems to be more Tankadin love than ever. :)
Menardi

Postby Lore » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:54 am

Looks pretty solid, though my concern is you might be taking more spell damage than you realize :P
Lore
Global Mod

Re: New Build

Postby jere » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:56 pm

Menardi wrote:This is the spec I'm trying at the moment. It'd be good to see some feedback on it, particularly from people with 25man experience.

No Kings: because every other Paladin in my guild already has Kings. I don't really need it for heroics either, when I run a heroic it's usually for a guildie anyway.
No Spell Warding: because I don't really tank anything that uses many spells. Anything that does is trivial content anyway, apart from certain mobs that we use our Warriors on. (TK SUCKS!)
3/5 Weapon Expertise: I actually just tried a build with 5/5 WE and no Reckoning, I liked it but I heard somewhere that 10 skill is where you start experiencing diminishing returns on each point.

At the moment I'm mainly tanking SSC and TK. My guild was very much against Paladin tanking but one of the officers was willing to give me a go and the rest of the guild is opening up now. In fact, ever since our Al'ar kill there seems to be more Tankadin love than ever. :)

I could be wrong on this, but the only diminishing returns I was aware of for weapon skill dealt with glancing blows (10 weapon skill reduced glancing blow penalty to 0). Those have since been removed. I haven't heard of any other diminishing returns associated with it, though maybe someone else knows about something concerning it.
jere

Postby Menardi » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:01 am

I'm definitely liking this spec at the moment. I haven't noticed much of a difference in threat between 5/5 WE and 3/5, but that might be because of Reckoning. Threat generation is pretty good and I'm not getting beaten up too badly. Spell damage does hurt me a little more but only just, I haven't had problems with lack of Spell Warding so far.
Menardi

Return to Basic Training & Talents