Minimum gear to start MH

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Caelus » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:03 am

jere wrote:
Mazater wrote:I AoE tanked my first hyjal run in this excat gear:
http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/57084

And, I felt a bit downgeared, Ardent defender saved me 4 times iirc, however I didn't die even once and kept aggro smoothly (except that one time I forgot to turn righteous fury on *whistle*)

MH Repair bill for keeping aggro the entire night: 75g
Getting all your warlocks and mages killed because you forgot RF: Priceless

Getting yourself AND the raid killed because you didn't realise your shield broke midfight after four bosses worth of trash is more priceless.
Caelus

Postby Big Mushy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:52 am

Caelus wrote:
jere wrote:
Mazater wrote:I AoE tanked my first hyjal run in this excat gear:
http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/57084

And, I felt a bit downgeared, Ardent defender saved me 4 times iirc, however I didn't die even once and kept aggro smoothly (except that one time I forgot to turn righteous fury on *whistle*)

MH Repair bill for keeping aggro the entire night: 75g
Getting all your warlocks and mages killed because you forgot RF: Priceless

Getting yourself AND the raid killed because you didn't realise your shield broke midfight after four bosses worth of trash is more priceless.

I accidentally forgot to recast RF one time in trash and everyone yelled at me, but the GM ened up saying "you held that pretty well I'm surprised" my reply was "Yeah same I thought you'd die by now" Later that run just as I was finishing off soem trash and I had to tank the infernals for Ane... "Umm guys somethings wrong"
"whats up tanka?"
"I can't use holy shield"
"why not you have mana"
"I don't know... oh crap"
"tank whats up?"
"My shield broke on the trash"
"Damnit tank do something!"
"Yeah yeah hang on (at 10% health by now)"
"Well?"
"Wait I found it (SSO shield)"
"don't use that crap here have a repair bot, ninja repair!"

Wow, that was bad trash pull...

After the run, the officers talk to me
"So whats the deal with you raiding with low dur"
"I didn't my shield takes a hell of a beating in here"
"not that much surely"
"You're right normally it drops to 30%... unless I die"
"oh... we need to get you another shield for backup"
Tankadin-70-Barth
Big Mushy

Postby sanctifico » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:41 am

I run with two shields these days :p - had a bad experience of Bulwark of Azzinoth going to 0% dur on wave 4 of the Azlagore trash, was not nice tanking with a healing shield for 4waves :p (lost about 3k armour and some blockvalue :( )

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Ritzu » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:17 am

I think that this has been semi answered but what would be best: Pocket watch or bv badge trinket? I'd probably be using DMC Vengeance along with it... Or would it just be best to use badge trinket on trash then pocket watch on aboms? :shock: Sorry this question has been bugging me for a while...
Ritzu

Postby Zx » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:15 pm

threat trinkets + warlocks way better than either.
"For no man lives long when his dreams are dead." - Gene Wolfe
Zx

Postby Seloei » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:16 pm

depends on what wave and how you are dieing. I used to use the bv trinket during the small ghoul/spiders waves in the alliance base, and swap into moroes for abom waves (with other pieces also).

Both work, but moroes > bv, if you are tanking more than one abom + other trash.
Seloei

Postby Heironeous » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:32 am

It really does depend on the wave. If you've got a ton of ghouls and spiders and... well anything but Aboms BV will let you threat better so you can kill faster. Abom waves go with the dodge. Screw BV on them, dodge is God, worship devoutly.

And this is why teenage girls shouldn't play WoW...
Heironeous

Postby ulushnar » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:52 am

Did the first three bosses last night in my MT gear. Worked poifect.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Big Mushy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:03 pm

Most trinkets I use in MH are threat based, The pally trinket from TK is really good in here imo, for the waves with the little guys (ghouls, crypt fiends etc) I normally use that and the figurine of the Colossus (sounds stupid but free heals ftw) bigger waves I'd swap to TK trinket and Figurine - Empyrean Tortoise for the dodge value alone when the aboms run in, the rest is situational, but its fun when the abominations run in and I'm acting as a druid (48% dodge with trinkets and procs)
Tankadin-70-Barth
Big Mushy

Postby toddy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:59 am

Sry to ask this, but how come ur shield broke during the trash pulls? i might be doing sth really wrong then, my shield never broke once since i started tanking MH. well maybe on the further end bosses it might break up, my guild just started it, we r able to down the first 2 bosses but on the horde encampment the dps can't kill the gargoiles so i end up tanking all the rest wich is quite hard unless i have 3 heals on me. Either way, anyone can tell me what i can tank with my current stats/gear?
Toddy
Prot Pally Bolderfist US Server
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... st&n=Toddy
toddy

Postby culhag » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:10 am

My shield once broke during the fifth trash series (we had wiped on the pitlord boss)
The healers on me didn't understand why I died so quickly. xD
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Zx » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:01 pm

I've had a few shields break in there. Kinda sucked when my illidan shield broke and I had to put on the BT trash spell dmg one. That was an interesting wave until i figured out what was up.

*stares at pally who doesnt have a shield graphic showing and scratches head*
"For no man lives long when his dreams are dead." - Gene Wolfe
Zx

Postby Big Mushy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:29 pm

toddy wrote:Sry to ask this, but how come ur shield broke during the trash pulls? i might be doing sth really wrong then, my shield never broke once since i started tanking MH. well maybe on the further end bosses it might break up, my guild just started it, we r able to down the first 2 bosses but on the horde encampment the dps can't kill the gargoiles so i end up tanking all the rest wich is quite hard unless i have 3 heals on me. Either way, anyone can tell me what i can tank with my current stats/gear?

This was when my guild was still learning MH, and I had a nasty habit of dying, on one set of waved I used to die up to 8 times lol, more often then not I was and still am never aloud to run back I get a brez to pick everything back up, Like last night for some stupid reason we wiped 4 times on the 1st wave of boss 4 the 6 necro 6 abom wave ( I hate teaching new warriors lol)
Tankadin-70-Barth
Big Mushy

Postby Seloei » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:06 pm

Full clear, without any wipes, my shield ends usually in the 2-5% range when i repair just outside of the instance. If i die once, i have to repair for sure before entering. If i forget, it will break.

Think how many mobs are beating on you, each takes a bite out of it and it sums up pretty fast.
Seloei

Previous

Return to Mt. Hyjal