Remove Advertisements

Professions

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Professions

Postby Origon » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:25 am

Anyone else wondering if it's worth it to pick up new professions before wrath comes out so as to max them before the rush of people? Personally engineering / enchanting atm but seeing as how I only enchant / engineer my own stuff (dont bother doing for others for profit), tempted to switch over to BS / Mining, especially since I plan to offspec as ret, or mainspec as ret offspec as prot if my friend decides he wants to tank instead of heal. Any insights from Beta as to what's useful to Ret, professions wise?
Origon

Postby Tycho » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:14 am

It's still to early to tell, most professions in the beta have had very little updated.

I get a strong feeling that Armorsmithing will finally have some really nice stuff this go around, and it would be silly if Weaponsmiths didn't get new toys themselves. :-)

I was BS/Eng, but dropped eng (after making all 3 helms no less) for enchanting when I realized it was mostly useless (to me). I woulda dropped BS but it was so painful to get to 375 I'm going to just stick around for Wrath to see what's-what.

I'd personally keep Enchanting though, a couple blue posts have hinted that it's going to have more perks for the enchanter than in the past.
US > Thaurissan > Snowblood (80 BE Pally - For the Horde, baby!)
Tycho

Postby sherck » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:43 am

Tycho wrote:I'd personally keep Enchanting though, a couple blue posts have hinted that it's going to have more perks for the enchanter than in the past.

The biggest thing about Enchanting, I think, is the rumor/evidence that the Inscription profession will be able to make scrolls that Enchanters can use to place their enchants on them and then sell them in the Auction House.

I personally do not hock my enchants. If someone is spamming the trade channel needing something and I am close by, I will sell one but otherwise I enchant for myself and friends / guildmates.

However, if I could now go ahead and use "excess" enchanting materials to throw a good enchant on a scroll and put it up on the AH, I think that my money-making ability would go up quite a bit.

We will see but I think any of the 4 general "augmentation" professions, Enchanting, Jewlcrafting, Inscription, Alchemy, will be in great demand as everyone heads into Wrath and starts needing to gear up again.

My 2 cents,

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Ajax » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:03 am

happy enough with what i see to stay JC and miner for now :)
If death comes to us all, then let it come to the DPS first ;)
Ajax

Return to WotLK