Remove Advertisements

Seal of Corruption now destroys SoR :(

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Eneru » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:54 pm

PsiVen wrote:So do we train Martyr/Corruption at 64 now, or at some point in Northrend?

I had SoCorruption via trainer when I copied my character to beta servers. So I guess it's somewhere below 70
Eneru

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:55 pm

PsiVen wrote:So do we train Martyr/Corruption at 64 now, or at some point in Northrend?

Trainable at 66.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Lemondish » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:44 pm

jere wrote:Don't forget that for all intensive purposes, SoR's coefficients are reduced my your chance to have your swings dodge/parry/miss, where SoV is almost completely immune once the five stack is up. This will lower the coefficients for SoR somewhat.

There is nothing intensive about a purpose.

That is all.
Lemondish

Postby Levantine » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Lemondish wrote:
jere wrote:Don't forget that for all intensive purposes, SoR's coefficients are reduced my your chance to have your swings dodge/parry/miss, where SoV is almost completely immune once the five stack is up. This will lower the coefficients for SoR somewhat.

There is nothing intensive about a purpose.

That is all.

Ownt, tbh.
Levantine

Postby Candiru » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:59 am

Remember that with the sheath of light ret will have some spelldamage, SoC scales with that while SoB dose not.

Also, ret have 2 instant strikes, both of which will proc seals! If you have a slow enough weapon, SoC will start doing more damage than SoB.

Quite how slow this has to be I haven't worked out, but I imagine 3.8ish will probably be better for SoC.

Of course with WF totem + haste gear SoB will be back in front. But it won't necessarily always be best!
Candiru

Postby Borknagar » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:18 am

Does Seal of Corruption now make belf paladins immune to Seed of Corruption?

If that's the case, they should rename the alliance paladins seal too.
Borknagar

Postby Vanifae » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:59 am

Borknagar wrote:Does Seal of Corruption now make belf paladins immune to Seed of Corruption?

If that's the case, they should rename the alliance paladins seal too.

I assume thisis a joke, but no.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:04 am

Would be so useless anyway o.o at 70 the person with the seed only takes 1030 damage. It's when the seed explodes and hurts the others, consuming it.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Dianora » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:23 am

Vanifae wrote:Yeah it took a bit to wrap my head around this but I quickly got the hang of it; 2k crit Judgments with Seal of Corruption is pretty nice for leveling and the fact that HotR keeps it up on multiple mobs makes it fantastic for multi-mob grinding and tanking.

I dare say I really really like these changes when I play live I feel so gimped compared to my Beta character; the Judgment change is well done and yeah once you get that full stack up you can do some serious damage with Corruption/Vengeance.

I've always use it for dailies due to its mana efficiency. That is, until I decided to level a mage to do the dailies.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:45 am

Vanifae wrote:Yeah it took a bit to wrap my head around this but I quickly got the hang of it; 2k crit Judgments with Seal of Corruption is pretty nice for leveling and the fact that HotR keeps it up on multiple mobs makes it fantastic for multi-mob grinding and tanking.

Will HotR apply SoV on multiple targets if the stack is not already in place?
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:49 am

Fridmarr wrote:

Will HotR apply SoV on multiple targets if the stack is not already in place?
From what he says, HotR procs seals just like a melee swing. So yeah each HotR is up to 3 sov applications/damage
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Jellypop » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:17 am

you know what this means?

HotR + SoV > Consercration in Heroics when mobs die in less then 8 seconds!

jokes aside, i can't wait till I can use Seal of Blood to actually gain mana on soft hitting mobs.

i bet there will be one or two gimmick boss fights where we have to pick up adds that comes constantly...
Jellypop

Postby Isabelli » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:36 am

I did some number crunching and SoR still provides more TPS than SoV even as your gear progresses. SoV though is great if you can tag multiple mobs every few seconds.
Isabelli

Postby honorshammer » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:41 am

Isabelli wrote:I did some number crunching and SoR still provides more TPS than SoV even as your gear progresses. SoV though is great if you can tag multiple mobs every few seconds.

I appreciate your post, but understand that on these boards, unless you provide the 'number crunching', statements like that will carry very little weight.
honorshammer

Postby Isabelli » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:44 am

Honorshammer wrote:
Isabelli wrote:I did some number crunching and SoR still provides more TPS than SoV even as your gear progresses. SoV though is great if you can tag multiple mobs every few seconds.

I appreciate your post, but understand that on these boards, unless you provide the 'number crunching', statements like that will carry very little weight.

I didnt want to repost the excel sheet in this topic, just search this sub-forum for "WotLK" Paladin Threat Calc.
Last edited by Isabelli on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isabelli

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK