Remove Advertisements

Seal of Corruption now destroys SoR :(

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Isabelli » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:02 am

So how would reckoning and SoV work out? I'm guessing extra swings just refreshes the 5 stack? If so, seems like reckoning would lose some of its luster.
Isabelli

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:06 am

Reckoning would help to build them quicker, plus deal more white damage thus more threat, but it's quite lackluster compared to now.

I don't think i'll pick it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby jere » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:09 am

SoV still procs extra damage once you have a 5 stack, so it wouldn't be a total loss, but nothing compared to reckoning + SoR and it's output.
jere

Postby Isabelli » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:15 am

jere wrote:SoV still procs extra damage once you have a 5 stack, so it wouldn't be a total loss, but nothing compared to reckoning + SoR and it's output.

Yeah I heard something about that on wowhead while I was researching the effects of SoV/C. How much extra "direct" damage does melee hits proc on a 5/5 SoV?
Isabelli

Postby jere » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:18 am

Isabelli wrote:
jere wrote:SoV still procs extra damage once you have a 5 stack, so it wouldn't be a total loss, but nothing compared to reckoning + SoR and it's output.

Yeah I heard something about that on wowhead while I was researching the effects of SoV/C. How much extra "direct" damage does melee hits proc on a 5/5 SoV?

Just a little extra:

1.2% * weapon_speed * spell_power

is what the EJ folks are saying.
jere

Postby Spectrum » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:32 am

My god, the AE threat will be insane with stacking SoV on three mobs at once.

I also don't think we have to worry as much about building our stack because we have AS, HotR, and judgement for our initial threat. That gives us plenty of time to build a stack on the main target, and slowly build them on other targets.

Is the scaling difference between AP and SP significant? E.g. an AP weapon vs. a spelldamage weapon would have what effect on our threat now?
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:36 am

Spectrum wrote:Is the scaling difference between AP and SP significant? E.g. an AP weapon vs. a spelldamage weapon would have what effect on our threat now?

The percentages have been reverse engineered but I think it would account for gear level; though you get a better return on a DPS weapon then you do a caster one with Hammer of the Righteous.

Plus I think alot of the DPS/Tanking Seals and spells scale better with AP then they do SP, though we will always have both.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:40 am

Vanifae wrote:Yeah it took a bit to wrap my head around this but I quickly got the hang of it; 2k crit Judgments with Seal of Corruption is pretty nice for leveling and the fact that HotR keeps it up on multiple mobs makes it fantastic for multi-mob grinding and tanking.

Okay now THAT isa nice side effect.

Note that Judging on a (NEW) target when you have no SoV/Corruption stacks on it is worse than judging righteousness ... however, we now have SO MANY other single-target threat skills (ShoR, HotR) for snap aggro on new things, I don't think it makes a difference.

I'm just curious, why would I ever use Command, now that we will have have SoBlood? :D (aside from pvp, where self-damage is unwise)
Kelaan

Postby Hearthy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:03 pm

Spectrum wrote:Is the scaling difference between AP and SP significant? E.g. an AP weapon vs. a spelldamage weapon would have what effect on our threat now?

Based on what's currently on the Wowhead WotLK site, SoR scales better with SP and SoV scales better with AP. SoV wins if you have similar amounts of each.

SoR gets 5% AP/sec extra damage and 10% SP/sec.
SoV gets 11.66% AP/sec and 5.66% SP/sec. (assuming a full stack)
Hearthy

Postby jere » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:09 pm

Hearthy wrote:

Based on what's currently on the Wowhead WotLK site, SoR scales better with SP and SoV scales better with AP. SoV wins if you have similar amounts of each.

SoR gets 5% AP/sec extra damage and 10% SP/sec.
SoV gets 11.66% AP/sec and 5.66% SP/sec. (assuming a full stack)

Don't forget that for all intensive purposes, SoR's coefficients are reduced my your chance to have your swings dodge/parry/miss, where SoV is almost completely immune once the five stack is up. This will lower the coefficients for SoR somewhat.
jere

Postby Lore » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:12 pm

Kelaan wrote:I'm just curious, why would I ever use Command, now that we will have have SoBlood? :D (aside from pvp, where self-damage is unwise)

Basically yeah, SoComm is best for PVP but SoB is best for PVE. It's not so much the self-damage, it's the burst potential.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Daredevil » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:16 pm

Unless we get bosses that aren't immune to stuns :P

Anyway, I suppose our seals are goin in the right direction. The way I see it, SoR/Judge will be the Holy thing, SoV/Judge will be Protection deal, Martyr/Judge Retribution and SoC Ret/Prot PvP. (I can see one rolling with SoC as a prot build in Arenas, bit me).

If not for the burst alone, people in arena are stunnable, so you'll get higher judgements on them with SoC than with SoB any day of the week.
Daredevil

Postby Lore » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:22 pm

Daredevil wrote:Unless we get bosses that aren't immune to stuns :P

Anyway, I suppose our seals are goin in the right direction. The way I see it, SoR/Judge will be the Holy thing, SoV/Judge will be Protection deal, Martyr/Judge Retribution and SoC Ret/Prot PvP. (I can see one rolling with SoC as a prot build in Arenas, bit me).

If not for the burst alone, people in arena are stunnable, so you'll get higher judgements on them with SoC than with SoB any day of the week.

I would imagine even with stuns SoB is better in the long term. You can't stun every time you judge :P
Lore
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:50 pm

So do we train Martyr/Corruption at 64 now, or at some point in Northrend?
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Mortehl » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:52 pm

PsiVen wrote:So do we train Martyr/Corruption at 64 now, or at some point in Northrend?

I imagine it's a pickup at 64, but I trained it on Mort when I hit a trainer upon log in.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK