Attumen+Midnight

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby samoa » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:05 pm

Yeah i used to have issue's with Mana, But yeah Mana Pots in Stormscale are going for 5-6g a POT WTF :roll: ! Glad i'm a Alch and Herb farm for my ownt crap! JEBUS
samoa

Re: Attumen+Midnight

Postby Amirya » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:42 pm

Seipoc wrote:Is there any reason my RL would tell me we need 2 tanks

Nope, no reason for it at all. A paladin can single tank all of Kara, except for Netherspite (stupid red beam debuff) - and if someone can tell me how I can do that, I'm happy to!

My very first time in Karazhan as a tank, I went with a warrior who was also tanking (neither of us were MT/OT, we were both tanks). He told me that he'd NEVER seen anyone tank both Attumen and Midnight and live - 'cause he just couldn't peel Attumen off me (and it was kinda funny, as the only damage he was taking from me was HS and Consecrate).

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Seipoc » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:21 am

same thing happened with me, i even stopped using Cons for like 20 seconds so he could get him off me, then i just started up again
Thread killer
Seipoc

Postby caboom » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:13 pm

if i have some sort of OT with me, and it's usually a drood cuz we're never short on them, i tell them to go kitty form and aoe the crap out of both attunemen and midnight, just make sure u have consacrate down at 95% and when he mounts, and ur golden, if u undergeared, have all healers spam healing you.
caboom

Postby Ghort » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:53 am

Just wondering... whats your SD? i think around 300 SD picks him up with just consecrate and holds him, well, at least mine did then... and my healers are generally pretty well geared/heavy heals

Hell, with 350 SD i picked him up and held him against a warrior without targetting him with Salv on for the whole fight....
80 Paladin (Prot) - Azual
80 Warrior (Prot/Arms) - Madarab
80 Mage (Arcane/Frost pvp) Arlensul
80 DK (Blood Tank) Deadkitten
80 Priest (holy/disc) - Ghort
5/12 ICC 10

Runetotem Server, Fifth Column
Ghort

Postby Seipoc » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:17 pm

With my DMC fully procced i think like 510 or 520
Thread killer
Seipoc

Postby caboom » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:46 pm

458 spell dmg here, but for that fight i droped some of my uncrushability for my SSO neck for some extra threat.
caboom

Postby Andurin » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:54 pm

Raidleader didnt want me to tank attumen and midnight... Simple response: "If the warrior can get him off me, sure lettem try" :twisted:

Attumen spawned, ran to the healers, a Exorsism was enough to get him on me and then holy shield + consecration was enough to keep him on me while building on midnight... The warrior sucked a bit :P

Fun way of doing btw, speeds up a lot of things as a pally tonk in there. :D
Andurin

Postby ydraw » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:58 am

As far as Macros go, you can use 1 macro for pretty much everything you ever need to target...

Mine looks something like this:

/tar Attumen The Huntsman
/tar Kil'rek
/tar Pure Energy
/tar Towering Infernal
/cast Exorcism
/cast Judgement

etc etc. If the first thing in the list isn't present it will just attempt to target the next one.
ydraw

Postby Katerina » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:24 am

ydraw wrote:As far as Macros go, you can use 1 macro for pretty much everything you ever need to target...

Mine looks something like this:

/tar Attumen The Huntsman
/tar Kil'rek
/tar Pure Energy
/tar Towering Infernal
/cast Exorcism
/cast Judgement

etc etc. If the first thing in the list isn't present it will just attempt to target the next one.

Oh, clever, thanks!!

I have a question though: If you reverse the order and cast Judgement ahead of Exorcism, wouldn't that mean that undead get both since Judgement doesn't evoke the GCD? Or will Judgement cast even if other spells are on the GCD? (I've never noticed.)
Katerina

Postby ydraw » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:25 pm

I think it works either way.

Typically though I don't have the /judgement part in there any more, because i also have a 2nd macro that refreshes seal of righteousness whenever I seal.

/cast Judgement
/cast Seal Of Righteousness

So my targetting macro nowadays just has the /target and /exorcism things, if i need to judge i press the other button.
ydraw

Previous

Return to Karazhan