Remove Advertisements

Felmyst

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:50 pm

Skellies hit for around 1k on t6 plate, it's not much but it's still 20 skeletons.

If the tank is doing only 800 TPS, consider replacing him tho. While learning DPS can slack during air phase, but after that they will have to nuke as well during air phase.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby QuantumDelta » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:17 pm

Strafe as much as possible, you wont be able to run directly where you want to go but if you're strafing most of the mobs will remain infront of you, if not all depending on the angle you use whilst still maintaining full runspeed.

If you have enough HP/Armour offer to solo tank the encounter :P
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Tisiphone » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:15 am

Some people are asking for the leaders to let me tank but I'm not even talking about myself yet. First we have to learn moving from gas novas and healing encapsulate, or even get to enrage before we even should talk about threat. Most of the DPSers aren't even fully DPSing during the land phase.

The skellies hit harder than I thought. It's not like an awesome load of damage but I once almost died when I had the beam and I kited it far away with no healers in range. Had to use pot + HS and quickly run back to the group.

And what do you do when you get the beam? I've read that (and also agree) that I should be running spirals so I can pick them up, else if I run a straight line, they will just turn around and run for the healers.

Oh and one thing I might suggest. When I have skellies on me and I have to run to the other side, a mage with imp. Blizzard quickly blinks to the other side and does Blizzard on the mobs, slowing them by 90%, then even no strafe needed.
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
Tisiphone

Postby QuantumDelta » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:29 am

Circle strafe ^^
Been doin' plenty of that for years hehe
The trick with the beam is not to close off a tight circle but to make a larger one with a gap at some point between the beginning and the end of it, lets you in and out for consec.
I also tend to drop consec right at the start of a beam if one does chase me.

My healers are still trigger happy in P2-start :<
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Candiru » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:34 am

I have had a few problems picking up the skeletons:

I consecrate at the first beam location, but if I consecrate at the second beam location the healers start getting agro at the meeting place, and I can't consecrate again for 8s.

I have been consecrating at beam 1, then after beam 2 hits consecrate at meeting place and starting AoE, while taunting / BoSac / BoP healers.

I am having trouble keeping all the adds of the healers before they are all nicely grouped up.

Should I try to consecrate both beams? But then there is time where the healers aren't standing in my Consecrating which normally results in their death.

Maybe we need more earthbind totems or something.
Candiru

Postby Morganim » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:41 am

Candiru wrote:I have had a few problems picking up the skeletons:

I consecrate at the first beam location, but if I consecrate at the second beam location the healers start getting agro at the meeting place, and I can't consecrate again for 8s.

I have been consecrating at beam 1, then after beam 2 hits consecrate at meeting place and starting AoE, while taunting / BoSac / BoP healers.

I am having trouble keeping all the adds of the healers before they are all nicely grouped up.

Should I try to consecrate both beams? But then there is time where the healers aren't standing in my Consecrating which normally results in their death.

Maybe we need more earthbind totems or something.

I still thinkk the simplest method is making it each person job to save themselves.

Ie have a designated spot, make sure theres awlways a consecrate at the spot and tell them to get there asap. If they dont move to there and die then its there faullt not yours.
In the mean time you have a bit of free time to exorcism, judge, taunt, frisbee loose ones, and if ur feeling cocky try a holy wrath
Morganim

Postby PsiVen » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:46 am

You shouldn't be the only one picking up the skeletons. I usually consecrate along the first beam, taunt off a shaman/priest with lots of aggro, and go straight for the meeting spot. So if you're solo tanking Felmyst + adds you will want to bring a feral druid or at least a dps warrior to help with pickups; you can try a paladin RF healing for aggro but letting the AoE healers do their thing and keeping the adds off of them is safer for everyone.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:25 pm

RF healing aggro is quite dangerous, they might get too much aggro for your consecration to grab them.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sechs » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:26 am

Tisiphone wrote:Some people are asking for the leaders to let me tank but I'm not even talking about myself yet. First we have to learn moving from gas novas and healing encapsulate, or even get to enrage before we even should talk about threat. Most of the DPSers aren't even fully DPSing during the land phase.

The skellies hit harder than I thought. It's not like an awesome load of damage but I once almost died when I had the beam and I kited it far away with no healers in range. Had to use pot + HS and quickly run back to the group.

And what do you do when you get the beam? I've read that (and also agree) that I should be running spirals so I can pick them up, else if I run a straight line, they will just turn around and run for the healers.

Oh and one thing I might suggest. When I have skellies on me and I have to run to the other side, a mage with imp. Blizzard quickly blinks to the other side and does Blizzard on the mobs, slowing them by 90%, then even no strafe needed.

What i find works best is when i get beam i put down a consecrate right away, Then i run in a straight line where there are no ppl and when about 50% of the beam is down i turn around and run back this way by the time consecrate ends you should be about back to where you started and can put down another consecrate if needed.
Sechs

Postby Tisiphone » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:53 pm

Sechs wrote:What i find works best is when i get beam i put down a consecrate right away, Then i run in a straight line where there are no ppl and when about 50% of the beam is down i turn around and run back this way by the time consecrate ends you should be about back to where you started and can put down another consecrate if needed.

Aren't you taking a lot of damage running through the green beam, or do you stick as close to it still staying out?
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
Tisiphone

Postby Sechs » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:49 pm

Tisiphone wrote:
Sechs wrote:What i find works best is when i get beam i put down a consecrate right away, Then i run in a straight line where there are no ppl and when about 50% of the beam is down i turn around and run back this way by the time consecrate ends you should be about back to where you started and can put down another consecrate if needed.

Aren't you taking a lot of damage running through the green beam, or do you stick as close to it still staying out?

Yes am running on the side trying to stay as close as possible, tho i guess its probably more of a semi circle now that i think about it as the beam turns kinda slowly. :P
Sechs

Postby Ryuusuke » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:28 am

The way i grab the Skeletons is a bit of aggressive against my healers...
If a person gets a beam the rund in a slight rounded way. I put a consec on the start position and as soon as the first 2 skeletons are coming towards me iposition myself near the center of the beam.
I start casting holy wrath and get cast aggro on the next spawning dudeds, which gives me 2 more seconds to cast (well, i need about 6 seconds for that)

Usually that way i get my holy wrath off on every single skeleton of the 1st beam. Though it requires healers awareness and the timing has to be good because if you start casting too late you wont ever get the cast off...

As for me - with holy wrath i maintain such an aggro lead that i can run towards the 2nd beam and help grapping the skeletons there, too - just before they reach the healers...
Ryuusuke

Postby inthedrops » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:47 am

I would concur that proper holy wrath timing often allows you to run over to the next beam to drop a consecrate. Incidently, if my wrath timing ended up sucking I usually throw a shield onto the ones I missed while trying to figure out where the second beam is and whether I have enough time to lay a consecrate down. I don't always get a holy wrath off but I try.

Regarding the RF healing, we use this strat for every kill and don't have any problems. I just make sure I ALWAYS communicate my taunt so the pally knows that I taunted and that if for some reason he still has an excessive amount skellies he needs to go into self preservation mode. It's happened a few times.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Karador » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:28 pm

Any good links to a paladin tank picking up adds around? Just got Brut tonight and heading for Felmyst tomorrow.

Also to Lore and Worldi.... think that in my current setup i should go 40/21 or cookie cutter? will be tanking adds on this fight only for the time being.

VVVVVVV Click Sig for armory
Karador

Postby PsiVen » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:11 am

Spec doesn't matter, to be perfectly honest you could be wearing blues and still do your job on air phases. Just use whatever spec you're used to and don't stand in beams :)
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau