Remove Advertisements

Brutallus question

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Brutallus question

Postby Zyphoid » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:53 pm

I am one of the tanks we use for Brut, and while we have successfully killed him, I am one of those people that is never satisfied. I know I can take less damage than I am.

That being said, I see many Brut posts saying that the Shadowmoon Insignia + Pocketwatch is the best trinket combination for the fight. I normally use Pocketwatch + Scarab of Displacement.

Question is: why exactly is the Insignia better? It would seem to me that an on use avoidance trinket would be much better for stomps than a mini-last stand. I realize that the passive avoidance is higher on insignia, but as everyone knows its the stomp that kills tanks. During the rest of the fight trinkets hardly matter, you could get away with 2 stam trinks.

Worldie even points out in his Brut sticky that anything above 22kish HP is kinda pointless considering if you eat 4 hits inna row during stomp with no real heals you are eating dirt regardless.

So is the extra HP really better than the extra avoidance during a stomp? The only downside I see on the Scarab is its long CD, but even if both trinkets were 2 minuters I think there is one stomp left where you need to use something beside a trinket.
Zyphoid

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:55 pm

The insigna is better because it gives absurd amounts of passive avoidance.

The use itself isn't that great, but can help occasionally if you aren't topped off when stomp hits.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zyphoid » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:06 pm

And the few % passive is more valuable than the 12% or whatever Scarab is on use during stomps? It's practically like haveing 2 pocketwatches.

Not trying to be argumentative, I just wanna be sure. I don't think Ive died outside of a stomp more than 1-2 times. And it seems that maximizing avoidance during that time is king on gearing decisions, followed closely by armor.
Zyphoid

Postby Elsie » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:45 pm

the on-use is excellent for allowing you to gear more for avoidance while maintaining 24k hp during a stop so you dont get insta-gibbed.
Elsie

Return to Sunwell Plateau