Would this be better?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Would this be better?

Postby Bubbleoseven » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:37 pm

well everyone says the continuum blade is the all around best choice to start raiding with, but seeing as stamina woud be easier to mitigate than the spelldamage wouldn't the Stormcaller be better?

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29155
Bubbleoseven

Re: Would this be better?

Postby Soulbreaker » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:50 pm

Bubbleoseven wrote:well everyone says the continuum blade is the all around best choice to start raiding with, but seeing as stamina woud be easier to mitigate than the spelldamage wouldn't the Stormcaller be better?

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29155

How about http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32660 ? IMHO it blows CT Blade out the window.

Westfall makes my ass itch.
Soulbreaker

Postby Liadrin » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:43 pm

Stamina is more important than spell damage. The jump from the SD on the Continuum Blade to Stormcaller is almost negligible, while extra stamina should be squeezed in whenever and however possible.

The Crystalforged Sword is nice at first, but after you get uncrushable the spell hit becomes more valuable than the block rating.
Liadrin

Postby Dunkan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:37 am

Yeah, but let's not kid ourselves. Cont Blade gives you +8 spell hit rating, which is around 1/2% better chance to hit.

BotA gives you a 1.8ish chance to hit. Neither is anything really to get excited about, although the extra damage on the BotA is nice - guess it saves you slapping wizard oil from time to time.

Crystalforged sword can only really be place by the arena mace or the Fang, imho

dunk
Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Dunkan

Postby Chevalier » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:00 am

If i didn't already have a 40 SD enchant on the cont.blade I'd go for the stormcaller, but the minimal benefit for the cost of the sword+the enchant isnt in the cards atm.
Chevalier

Re: Would this be better?

Postby jere » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:19 pm

Soulbreaker wrote:

How about http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32660 ? IMHO it blows CT Blade out the window.

Yeah, but let's not kid ourselves. Cont Blade gives you +8 spell hit rating, which is around 1/2% better chance to hit.

BotA gives you a 1.8ish chance to hit. Neither is anything really to get excited about, although the extra damage on the BotA is nice - guess it saves you slapping wizard oil from time to time.

Crystalforged sword can only really be place by the arena mace or the Fang, imho

The crystalforged sword is ONLY better IF you are uncrushable. Once you hit enough avoidance and block that uncrushable is not a problem (this happens easily in Kara, probably earlier), the Continuum Blade is easily bettter. Sure 8 hit rating is a measily 0.6% hit for spells..but that is more hit than you had before, and once you reach above uncrushable, any extra block rating on the crystal forged is useless to you. Personally you can get past uncrushable without the Crystalforged Sword and the CB nets you more intel and spell hit. I would go CB of Crystal Forged any day (as long as I didn't need 11 BR to get uncrushable..but honestly, you can get that through gear swapping or even an kara upgrade pretty easily)

Honestly, I would suggest you go for the S2 gavel as it is pretty much the 2nd best sword for us in the game (Tempest of Chaos would be number one). Get a 5v5 team together and play 10 games a week. It will take you 8 weeks or so if you don't do very well, but if you start now, you will have it before you know it. It was the best time investment I have made in a while.
jere

Postby Blaen99 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:16 pm

The S2 gavel is amazing.

Get it ASAP. You fail as a paladin if you don't.

The DPS is currently QQing about paladins DPS due to that damn weap ;).
Blaen99

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice