Pwned

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Pwned

Postby Donjuan » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:22 am

I consider myself a real great tank, and had no issue doing mh with, geared up experienced people, but cause of certain issues i had to make a new guild from scratch, i tried my best to get people geared up from greens and blues then took them mount hyjal for what i considered would be a walk in park since i done so many times before, but for some reason i kept dieing on wave 7(rage winterchill). we tried 5 times and each time i would get splattered right at start of wave 7 as i ran forward to get early aggro. Perhaps i am overlooking something as in those other guilds i hade alot of help making tactics now I am on my own (even healing assignments are down to me, as when i left it to somone else they overlooked that i would take the most damage)

. This isn't a gear question i know my gear is fine, this is a strategy question, i need some advice on how to help my guild keep me alive on start of wave 7 and wave 8. Those abominations combined with shadow bolts from necromancers killed me in 3 secs. What we doing wrong?

if it helps heres my armory link, feel free to check my healers and dps gear to see if they are causing the issue.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Cassanova

The raid had mainly paladin healers, 2 priests, 1 bear, me and a lots of rogues, , 3 mages, rest locks and hunters. I did bring in another bear and a druid healer at one point and that was our best attempt but I still kept getting splattered in 3 secs at start of wave :(

I do have a specific question too, where do most other guilds kill the waves? at first like most nub guilds we would attack the waves where they came in from, that made sure i had early aggro, but didn't use the soldiers to full advantage. where would be best placing ? And any specific instructions i should give my healers and dps as they seem to be the weak link here , my tanks seem fine.
Thank you.
Donjuan

Postby Dorvan » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:08 am

Refresher on what wave 7 is specifically? After a while they just all blend together :P Also, how are you handling the wave right now (Tank distribution on adds, any CC, etc)?

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Donjuan » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:21 am

Dorvan wrote:Refresher on what wave 7 is specifically? After a while they just all blend together :P Also, how are you handling the wave right now (Tank distribution on adds, any CC, etc)?

Hi mate wave 7 was 4 ghouls, 4 necromancers and 4 abombs, the wvae before that was 6 ghouls and 6 aboms which we just scraped through.

here is what i told people to do , wether they listened or not i cant be sure as all i could see was big aboms in front of me, i told all aoe people to focus only aoe on ghouls, and all single target dps on aboms and mages sheep necromancers, I told the druid tanks to wait 2 secs then step in and taunt something nasty of me, i did say to the two priest presnet to try and shackle an abom but i didnt want to mess up the healing so did not enforce this, and add in my conscecrtion it seemed it would need alot of coardiantion to get the shackle on aboms right (maybe here is where i went wrong?). I fer it was the shadow bolts from necromancers that killed me as my combat log showed they hit fro 2.5k each, the actual abom damage i could handle as i used a kiting method and could tank the 4 aboms and ghouls on previous wave.

The 8th wave seems a little easier imo and if we could just get through that dam 7th wave we would have done it i think.

I told healers to stand near jaina, for spirit b uff and ranged to be near the back tents. there does seem to be some nubs in my guild whop don't listen and hit what they feel like and run in front of me though :(. But its only about 2-3 of them and i cant really blame 2 nubs for this.

I usually run where the foot soldiers are ie the point where Wave spawns to grab aggro. I think maybe i should hang back on wave 7 and let soldiers die, and any nubs dps who didn't listen.
Donjuan

Postby Dorvan » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:32 am

Necromancers should be handled by your melee DPS....sheep/fear a couple and then have your melee starting hacking away at them....you don't necessarily need a tank on them, though it certainly doesn't hurt if you have one to spare. Spell reflect and grounding totem work wonders there.

I would not recommend tanking all the aboms on your first trips through Hyjal. There's a definite chance of getting gibbed there, and if you're kiting them around you're losing a lot of AoE dps. Shackling a couple aboms is a good idea, and/or having the OTs peel off an abom or two a piece.

Jaina is never a factor on trash for us....we generally take care of any CC needed at the top of the hill, and I engage/lay down consecrate about halfway down.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelthraz » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:44 am

4 Ghoul, 4 Necromancer, 4 Abomination

You tank the ghouls, have the offtanks pull the aboms off you, make sure you dont get gibbed by the Necro's shadowbolts, either los the shadowbolts or pull back after you lay your first concec) and have the dps burn the nec's before they begin AoE.

Thats how my guild works it anywhos, hope its of relative use. (ps probably want 2 offtanks, 2 aboms per person)

KZ 11/11, ZA 6/6, TK 1/4, SSC 0/6, MH 4/5, BT 4/9
Kelthraz

Postby Seloei » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:05 pm

The reason you got splattered at the start of a knockdown + high spelldamage wave was because you took the initial blow. If you do not have a warrior who is capable of spellreflecting the first volley back while you cast holy wrath (to pick up the melee) then you should let the NPC's take the initial blow.

Also, get the hunters you have working early to start kiting mobs to other groups. It helps a lot on the dps and with a well placed trap before a heavy caster group, can trivialize it. Incase you are having problems with it.
Seloei

Postby Donjuan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:32 am

Thanks for help guys we got the waves down now, i made sure all melle got on those dam necromancers this time and ran away after consecration (i guess I'm not superman after all :(). I didn't use shackle though that seems to kill me as all priest nub out , and stop healing as they "try to shackle".

Sad thing is we couldn't kill boss, we had 3 tries on him , we lost so many to ice bolts and Death and decay, was so disappointed, half the raid was dead in first 30 secs,a nd the other half muddled through but ultimately couldn't survive as so many dead. Hopefully next time we go we get boss down. 21% was best attempt, so dissapointed i assumed all would be prepared for him :(, i spent so much time on trash i forget to explain boss properley i guess.
Donjuan

Postby Zappi » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:06 am

Theres no strategy problem, your guild shouldn't go to MH yet.

Winterchill is doable with 18 semi-T5 geared players that just killed Vashj & Kael (I believe you can do it with less, my guild killed him with 18 after our Kael kill)
Zappi

Postby Seloei » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:50 pm

Winterchill is yet another classical TBC boss. "Don't stand in the fracking fire" and his dead.

In order to be able to safely kill him with sloppy healers, you need the whole raid at ATLEAST 10k raidbuffed (preferably 12k, then if no heals can live through it). Spread out and don't stand in the death and decay, move very very fast when it's about to hit at and you are in it.

Winterchill is a joke, unless people fail at the core rule of tbc raiding.
Seloei

Postby kensanity » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:13 am

wave 7 has like 4 necros right? what i typically do is, lay a consecrate outside the gate, run to the left or right of gate out of line of sight.

from there, i start casting holy wrath, cuz by the time it goes off, ghouls and aboms should just be reaching you. sure you will take damage from melee but u should be out of sight of the necro caster stuff, which your offtanks and melee/mage CC can easy pick up. also, as soon as you've designated control on the bulk of the melee mobs, start having hunters or off tanks peel the bigger aboms off.

One thing about AoE'ing groups down especially if you are undergeared for your dps: focus fire one target, but do not make it the target that you are currently meleeing.

what i mean is this: 4 aboms and 4 ghouls coming at u just for simplicity. U mark your target with x, and have a warrior or druid who can put out more threat than u on a single mob mark skull. u do your best to hold threat on x and the group, while single target dps burns down skull (which you aren't tanking). after that, aoe can start with a majority of focus-casted spells directed at your target (x).

that seems to work well for me and my gear pretty much sucks imo.
kensanity

Postby kywirelessguy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:07 pm

Winterchill is yet another classical TBC boss. "Don't stand in the fracking fire" and his dead.

In order to be able to safely kill him with sloppy healers, you need the whole raid at ATLEAST 10k raidbuffed (preferably 12k, then if no heals can live through it). Spread out and don't stand in the death and decay, move very very fast when it's about to hit at and you are in it.

Whats the first raid boss in TBC that has rings of fire? Shade of Aran in Kara! And you are supposed to stand in it! I blame blizzard for training the noobs early on to stand in the fire.
kywirelessguy

Postby Holyfuri » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:47 pm

kywirelessguy wrote:

Whats the first raid boss in TBC that has rings of fire? Shade of Aran in Kara! And you are supposed to stand in it! I blame blizzard for training the noobs early on to stand in the fire.

Lol, but you have plenty of experience dodging stuff from there on...

Dodging holes in the ground on netherspite...

Dodging Infernals on Prince...

Dodging whirlwind from HKM...

Dodging Fire blast from Krosh...

Dodging other players in Gruul's...

Dodging spouts on Lurker...

Dodging Leo's whirlwind...

Dodging the striders and bat poo from Vashj...

Dodging A'lar's craters...

Dodging orbs on Void Reaver...

Dodging the raid as the bomb on Solarian...

Dodging Flamestrike from Kael'thas...

After all that dodging hopefully you can stay out of the way of some red crap on the ground to kill Rage, lol.
Holyfuri

Postby Conaan! » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:26 pm

Holyfuri wrote:
Lol, but you have plenty of experience dodging stuff from there on...

Dodging holes in the ground on netherspite...

Dodging Infernals on Prince...

Dodging whirlwind from HKM...

Dodging Fire blast from Krosh...

Dodging other players in Gruul's...

Dodging spouts on Lurker...

Dodging Leo's whirlwind...

Dodging the striders and bat poo from Vashj...

Dodging A'lar's craters...

Dodging orbs on Void Reaver...

Dodging the raid as the bomb on Solarian...

Dodging Flamestrike from Kael'thas...

After all that dodging hopefully you can stay out of the way of some red crap on the ground to kill Rage, lol.

says the guy who wiped the raid on shade, fail holy, fail
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Return to Mt. Hyjal