Remove Advertisements

RoS P3

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Necrolite » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:30 am

Usually i tank this phase (ph3) Most ive used is wings + destro pot. Rogue ended up catching me up at the very end :P so i think now im going to invest in the icon SD trinket from badges. that, wings, destro pot should see me along nicely
Necrolite

Postby Lother » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:48 pm

Hrm, seems like most people do this differently then we do.

When I tank Phase 3 I open up with JotC, drop concecration for initial agro.

Our Warrior Tank taunts off me, and I taunt it back to activate Seeth(or whatever its called). I Pop wings, blow CDs, go all out doing insane amounts of threat. Once the debuff wears off our DPS goes balls to the walls and he dies really really fast
Lother

Postby Worldie » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:04 pm

The reason for which many of us don't do that, is because our threat potential is enough to not need Seethe at all.

Seethe means the raid cannot dps for those 10 seconds, and there's increased damage on tank for those 10 seconds (extremely dangerous for a warrior, less for a paladin).
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:25 am

What Worldi said. The whole idea behind seethe is to give warriors a way to be able to tank this fight at all. Our threat is carried up alongside with any possible raid dps, we don't really need seethe. DPS can start the moment RoS is positioned.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby lathander » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:02 am

i'm tanking ros p3 usually in my guild and just nuke spam with missdirections, healer dont need any innvervate, so i'm taking 2x innervate from 2 druid, when one of them ends i want another, and wear some spell damage for ros p3 going to be nice
lathander

Postby Omatre » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:30 am

I wear spell dmg / MT mixture gear. I run about 480 SD for RoS. The healers laughed the first time I tanked it, and said "Yeah, he's so much easier to heal through this".

3 attempts later, mostly due to my adjusting, RoS was dead. Farming it since that day with a lot less headaches.

Here's how we do it. Warrior starts it, bear taunts, then I taunt. I get their rage, and I burn wings, + JC Threat Trinket, and DPS has about 14,000 threat to catch up to me on, and they go all out. I spam Righteous Fury for about 800-1000 mana dump if I have to, but I generally stay right around 500-1500 mana, I am constantly casting and judging, consecrate, JoR, then if the heals bring my mana up too high, hit RF and reapply it, and dump some mana that way.

The Soul Screams barely break 2k on me. I've seen some as low as like 780, and then we all just giggle at how laughably easy that phase is this way.
Omatre

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:38 am

So overly complicated...
Here it goes
Threat food, wiz oil, aim for 500 to 600 sd.
dump mana so you don't start the fight with more than 3000.
Pick it up.
Turn it.
pop Wings/trinkets and count to 3
let dps go

Of course, in my case I end up in the shaman group for WoA, stupid SWP dps hitting a mid t6 tank
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Black Temple