Remove Advertisements

Murmur

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Murmur

Postby Dendrah » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:40 am

Hey guys!

I'm looking for some help on Murmur. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but almost all Sonic booms I take the damage and get slowed. I ran almost past my ranged DPS and still got hit by the boom and they didn't. Now I know my latency is not the best and that position on the screen is a bit off compared to the real position.

Do you guys bubble throu it? Or just take the damage? Or do I just run to late?

So far I have been safed by resto druids charging in/SPs throwing me a shield while my resto shaman was thrown up to near Murmur and other brilliant moves from my party. I don't want to keep relying on those thou.
Dendrah

Postby Losbullitt » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:49 am

I've heard range dps is best for this fight.

Only fought him once and wiped three times. We had one hunter and he wasn't doing much however.
Losbullitt

Postby Uriell » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:19 am

Havn't had any problems with this boss so far, i would say it's your latancy is the problem.
There should be time to get out of that sonic boom.
C'mon baby, i got blessing of protection!
Uriell

Postby guillex » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:50 am

I'd venture to say that you're standing inside Murmur's graphic.

You don't need to do this, as his hitbox extends out quite a bit. Before you toss your shield, or however you open, make sure that you have autoattack on, and then get as close as you can to start swinging.

When he starts his boom, use the mouse to turn 180°, and run out. You shouldn't be hit.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Dendrah » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:21 am

Well I'm standing at the edge and yes autoattack is on. Being in his face is enough thou. No need to hit him.

I use my mouse for the 180° turn too. Still he hits me.

i'll ask my party members next time for what they saw me doing.
Dendrah

Postby Origon » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:30 am

Are you sure you're running out right as soon as the raid warning pops up and he starts casting it? and are you moving to just over that little 'step' type ledge? or are you stopping on it?
Origon

Postby Dendrah » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:54 am

I was yards beyond that little step. Even then he hit me.
Dendrah

Postby Holyfuri » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:24 am

Lag has sometimes caused me to die on prince from shadow nova on my rogue even though I was right in the middle of all our ranged dps. It was pretty wierd.

If you are attacking exactly on the very edge of his hitbox, mouse turning 180 degrees immediately, running all the way past that ledge by 5-6 yards, and STILL getting hit I would probably blame lag.
Holyfuri

Postby Peryl » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:05 am

Dendrah wrote:I was yards beyond that little step. Even then he hit me.

Well, I just did this a few nights ago. Got lots of practice running in and out. :?

Are you running straight back toward the entrance? That is, not diagonally across the ring itself? I usually run out and back straight, but one time I went diagonally over the edge of the ring by accident. I made it to the floor beyond, but still got hit with the shockwave. I can't confirm this, but maybe it's a bug where you have to run straight out the entrance to the ring and not cross the ring? I am positive I was far enough beyond the edge, but maybe it's just me.

Anyway, other than that it's just practice. The first time I couldn't run out to save my life, but the second time I got pretty decent at it. As stated, back up to the edge of the hit box. Turn on your spell cast bar to check when the shockwave is coming. Then mouse turn as calmly as possible and run out. Save your DS for if you screw up and know you won't make it. Also, remember you might also have LoH available that could also eat one shock.

You can also get Boar's speed, it should help. I was thinking about this myself after the first time, but didn't get a chance to get the enchant.
Peryl
70 Tankadin
Muradin
Peryl

Postby Spectrum » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:39 am

I can't really say anymore than has been said.

I haven't really had a problem with it. Just stay as far back as you can when hitting him and then make sure you're not backing up to get out. Also, watch the floor and the raid warnings and be ready to respond quickly.
Also, I've always tanked with my back to the entrance. The boom might not be directly centered on that circle.

If it's just not working, I would blame lag. Are you having lag in any other encounters?
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Dendrah » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:54 am

I tend to have more lag on this ****** wireless network yes. I sometimes even freeze due to package loss. But as a paladin that is not to much of a problem as you just spam Hs and consecration at those occassions.

I indeed blame lag for not making it. I ran till behind our SP and still I got hit and he didn't.
Next time I have good ranged DPS and no melee I'll just bubble and LoH and stay in all the time.
Dendrah

Postby Grokii » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:50 am

If you are just autorunning or holding down your forward key, you may want to make sure you turn or move or cast a spell when you are in the safe zone but before the sonic boom goes off. That should help your client yell at the server telling it where you are.

That said, when the client and the server disagree, the server normally wins.
Grokii

Postby Dendrah » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:19 am

Hm.... So I can yell at something? great :D I'll keep that in mind Grokii because I'm autorunning for sure.
Dendrah

Postby Marker » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:09 am

well, details, but since every millisec helps out here:
I normally turn the camera angle 180 degrees while tanking Murmur and only need to press left+right mouse-button to run out once he starts channeling.
Marker

Postby Seloei » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:53 pm

Murmur's boom takes you down to 20% health, no more so you can not die instantly from a boom. Only if you have low health and he melees you right after. Otherwise, you are quite safe to stay inside there.

(Depending on the quality of the dps)

Boom1 : bubble or pot
Boom2 : bubble, pot or loh
boom3 : pot
boom4 : bubble
boom5 : hope the healer can save you.

He should be dead before boom2 hit's or before boom3 hits, if it's going on for longer, then the dps fails. Drink a health potion right after the boom so you don't die from the melee hit while the healer comes in range.

But, as most said, if you can then run out. use your mouse to turn and start running as soon as he starts casting. You have to be well outside of the circle to not get hit by it. The range of it is not the end of the inner or outer circle, it's a bit more
Seloei

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics