WotLK Theorycrafting: MT specs and more!

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Brauun » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:36 am

Taking in consideration,
1. The removal of crushing blows
2. That you do not need to reseal each time you judge
3. That mana usage reduction effects now exist in the protection tree
4. That we get two new spells to include in our rotation, making imp. judgements imo more trivial

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000
All your mobs are belong to us. You have no chance to survive make your time.
Brauun

Postby Khayne » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:16 am

Attleast for start i´ll try out:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/paladin/talents2.html?tal=00000000000000000000000000050051335003012251155312321052050000000000000000000000
My thoughts on why spec like this?

imp. judgement will be better than ever since now we dont need to reseal, it´ll be direct 25% more judgements off (which if i judge wisdom, actually Gain me mana at same time as i do threat).

No SotP/DS, can´t fit seals and i wont have the gear to support DS at start: if/when i get the gear to support it, i will sacrifice the points in imp. holy shield, reckoning and GbtL in the altar of our new strenght overlords and start using the current max. ranks of the affected spells if blizzard dont absolutely maim the coefficients on those.

Ofc this all depends on how big portion of our threat is from seals&judges (SoTP), shield slap&happy hammer times (DS).

still thinking if i´d just drop GbtL immediately and go for 2/5 SotP or PoJ or spell warding though.
Khayne

Postby Lore » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:57 am

I'm currently looking at doing something like this for 25-mans at 80:
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZE0zhxczGxqeoGoVbx
5/54/12

Reasoning:
No Redoubt/Shield Spec - If they fix Shield Spec to work with BV from STR, or I end up having to AOE tank large packs frequently, I will probably pick this up. Otherwise it's just too many talent points to fit into my build.

No Divine Guardian - The usefulness of this ability in 25-man content is going to be extremely limited. I'd rather spend the 2 points someplace more worthwhile.

No Spell Warding - With the addition of Death Knights we've moved from being second choice for heavy spell damage fights to third. I don't think it'll be a big help because I don't think I'll be tanking those fights. If I really need it though I can drop a couple points from Reckoning.

No Improved HS - 6 charges every 8 seconds is almost the same as the current 8 charges every 10. I certainly don't need more HS charges than I have now, so I'll use those 2 talent points elsewhere.

No Guarded By the Light - From feedback the beta tankadins have been giving, I don't think it'll be necessary.

Non-Protection talents - I'm expecting that most Holy paladins at the very least will want to go 15 Ret for the extra crit, and will pick up imp BoM while they're there. I'll probably be on Kings duty most of the time anyway. With Judgement no longer eating the seal, Imp Judgement is just a free 20% increase to Judgement damage. And provided that SoR or SoV/C remain the primary tanking seals, Seals of the Pure is an excellent threat increase.

That said, I do expect that we'll be seeing a healthy amount of further tweaks before live, so this will all probably change.
Lore
Global Mod

Previous

Return to WotLK