Remove Advertisements

Guild Discussion - should we wear 'MT' gear in Hyjal?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Would you recommend full MT gear for Hyjal trash tanking?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:42 pm

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes : 20

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:04 am

Relax childen, save the flaming for wow boards
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby ldeboer » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:31 pm

Like most here I pretty well run my MT gear because it gives me the ohhh crap I have to more cause someone died. Those stats are close to your hard trash set.
ldeboer

Postby Bluemania » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:29 pm

sbeacher wrote:
Your increased spell damage isn't gonna make the pulls that much faster...your not dps and you should be able to hold aggro fine in your normal tanking gear.

a. it's you're not fucking your. For the first one.

The first use of your was correct, the second wasn't.
Bluemania

Postby berbo2 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:46 am

Well my healers are now very used to spam heal me 100 % of the time no matter where we are as I do tank most of the instances we run. For MH trash wave I usually have 2-4 Abos on me as my teddy bear partner use to /afk most of the time during waves.

Using full out TPS gear on waves all the time with medioricle mitigation/avoidance. Sitting around 15,5k health, 17-20 % dodge, 14-16 % parry, lowest possible block rating and block value and 550-600 SD unbuffed.

The warlocks and mages are used to make DPS competition here just to see who can do max. On last run a warlock made 3,4k while a mage got to 3,3k sustained DPS on waves. On Rage groups with poping agro trincets + wings + destro pot allowed a Fire mage to hit 6k DPS WITHOUT being splashed.

Normally I take about 50-60 % of the total raid dmg during the waves and have 3-4 healers assigned to spam heal me. So if you can convince your RL AND healers it can be really enjoyable and FAST instance.

Btw my damage output on waves is around 1,0-1,2k DPS.

So if you want fun - wake up your healers and just anihilate the place.
berbo2

Postby Ahvienda » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:22 pm

sbeacher wrote:I will flame people all day long that can't l2speakenglish.

Then I suggest you flame yourself. If you don't know what is wrong with your statement, you shouldn't be flaming anyone for the incorrect usage of "your" vs "you're" (which could easily just be a typo).
Ahvienda

Previous

Return to Mt. Hyjal