Remove Advertisements

Anetheron Inferno's Main Tank?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Infernosaint » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:18 am

How much fire resist do you guys go with on the infernals?
If you don't fall over when looking at my zomgawesome stats, i'm in prot or RP gear.
Infernosaint

Postby iwillpunishu » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:57 am

Infernosaint wrote:How much fire resist do you guys go with on the infernals?

I've done it with full fire gear, I've done it with around 200 fire gear, and I've done it with just my fire aura up. I liked it with just the aura up tbh. We burn down the the infernals, so my threat wasn't great in fire gear. All three ways can be done sucessfully. The hardest part is picking them up in my opinion, and tbh that isnt very hard either if you make sure your excorcism isn't on cool down. Getting slept sucks ass also, so make sure your hunters are at least trying to misdirect for you.
iwillpunishu

Postby Velgarn » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:36 am

Out of curiosity, can the infernals also be taunted? (with the typical tanky taunt macro we all know and love?)

Just wondering since if exorcism is on CD, we might be able to buy us a few seconds for the MD's, or CD to be over.
Velgarn

Postby Saintsabbat » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:27 am

I tank it in MT gear with devo aura up for the anetheron tank.

Never tried to tuant it because there is no reason for Exorcism to be on CD.

Once Anetheron targets someone a skull appears above their head (deadly bossmods), run towards said person with mouse ready to click on infernal whilst spamming exorcism. This tactic has never failed me.

Once anetheron is at 20% we stop dps on infernals and I tank however many more spawn (just 1).

This is one of the simplest fights in T6 once you have a working strategy for it (took us 1 attempt).
Proud GM, RL and MT of <Cataclysm> Bronze Dragonflight 5/5 MH, 9/9 BT.
Saintsabbat

Postby Base » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:11 am

As far as I can remember they can't be taunted.

I usually tank them in a bit of FR gear (200 - 250 buffed) as it makes it a joke to heal through (unless the healer is debuffed).

As for the tank getting smashed in the OP it may be that the tank was stunned due to the infernal hitting him, which would explain the lack of shield block/avoidance.
Base

Postby jere » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:21 am

Unless things have changed recently, the infernals cannot be taunted.
jere

Postby Conaan! » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:19 am

Infernals for anetheron is pretty easy, exorcism is a 15 second cooldown, pay attention to the CD timer for the next infernal and have it up and waiting, if all else fails (avengers shield etc etc.) run up and judge the infernal, better late then never when it comes to picking them up.

you do NOT need FR gear for infernals, and i would NOT reccomend using it, increase the threat cap by using your regular gear, ive tanked infernals, tanked anetheron, and healed the infernal tank, with just aura the damage is easily healed through, even when you have a prot pally in crappy holy gear healing you.

also, if you drag the infernals to where jaina is, the ranged dps'ers can out-range carrion swarm by standing on other side of the hill, worked great for us, just have had problem with a little bit of the burst damage from carrion swarm hitting me.

make sure your melee knows what to do when an infernal drops on melee, what we have is a gap between healers on the left side of me (i have aneth down towards jaina with melee in back) that they can run through safely without touching aneth tank/aneth healers on that side for any damage, but generally we just have the poor sap who gets targeted sit in the back and the rest of the melee run back and wait for infernal tank to pick him up.

oh yes, if you have trouble tanking infernals, do the tk attunement and grab the ring, that + aura will reduce the damage quite a bit
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Cae » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:51 pm

- The infernals cannot be taunted.
- It's definitely best to try and get them before the fully spawn.
- Stress to people that they should not try to stop on top of the infernal tank - you can both get stunned and they'll be eating more AE than they should.
- Also stress to people that they should not stand between the infernal tank and the rest of the raid if possible. ie, in your half circle or three-quarter circle or whatever that's centered on Anetheron, there should be a little gap in it in front of the infernal tank. This gives you a safe place to drag infernals through without going over top of people, and it also means that the people who would be standing there won't be eating ticks of the AE every time an infernal goes past. It is possible for them to get very unlucky and eat three ticks of the AE otherwise.
- The gap also gives you a place that you can move forward of to grab the infernal. If your healing is very low, you can stay forward of the gap while the infernal comes to you and then back it through the gap. This should minimize the damage the raid members take from the infernal AE, since you won't have the infernal potentially traveling through 1/4 of the circle to get to you. Proper spreading out will also minimize this.
- If the person running is still running to you when they get the infernal, they need to peel off to a side after you snag it. Otherwise they eat the AE the whole way in and may die.
- The infernal tank healers and dps can stand on the hill to the right (when you are looking at Jaina) and be out of range of carrion swarm. They should be able to move up on that side to get in range of the boss if needed, but if you really want them switching back and forth a lot the hill to the left is likely the better choice.
- If anyone is directly behind Anetheron (ie as far away from the infernal tank as possible, on the other side of Ane) you need to either have them move towards one side or stress to them that if they get the infernal they need to NOT run through melee.
- Everyone needs to move asap, but *especially* melee.

(all positioning assumptions have anetheron roughly at those melee below the gate all the trash comes through)
We also aggro the knights with Anetheron -- if those are still up they can and almost certainly will steal aggro on the infernals from you and keep the infernal annoyingly close to Anetheron.
Cae

Re: Anetheron Inferno's Main Tank?

Postby Echaa » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:07 pm

Putting that aside, is it normal for the Anetheron tank to also be the target of Inferno? Or is this a sign that our DPS are over-aggroing again? (Like the tank getting Enfeebled during Prince.)

I don't think infernal targetting has anything to do with threat, just random targets. The infernal does stun for a few sec as it lands.
Echaa

Postby Thorgrimal » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:28 pm

help a resist nub out (never tanked a resist fight, save this one now yay me!) do you have to keep uncrit / uncrush? or do they not crush and the fire is the worst part.

And yes, in my raid, the healers are half alseep most of the time. Last attempt, we had 1 (yes 1) healer keeping hots on me and the main tank, the others were picking daises or something. So looking like I'll go the 200 FR gear route if I can.
Thorgrimal

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:36 pm

They crit and don't crush.
I have done it with 75 fr(aura), 200 fr, and 365 fr. They all feel roughly the same.
If you can keep good avoidance with FR gear(40%~), try as well tanking all infernals at once and dps sticks to anetheron.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Boomtank » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:40 pm

i generaly do 365 fire res to do the fight with 1 healer on me but i do seem a bit threat capped, last week i forgot gear and did it with just aura, took 2 healers and i got low at some points.
next time ill try for around 200 or so to combine threat and damage mitigation
Boomtank

Postby Frickit » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:04 pm

so before i go buy all the fr pieces from badges, should i maybe just get one piece and see how it goes? or should i be safe and get em all...
first attempt at MH is tomorrow!
Frickit

Postby inthedrops » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:29 pm

Last time I was there they weren't even spawning due to some bug from the last patch. Did they fix that?
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Frickit » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:31 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:They crit and don't crush.
I have done it with 75 fr(aura), 200 fr, and 365 fr. They all feel roughly the same.
If you can keep good avoidance with FR gear(40%~), try as well tanking all infernals at once and dps sticks to anetheron.

Do you tank them all for the whole time?
Frickit

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal