Remove Advertisements

Badges?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Spectrum » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:29 pm

They won't take the vendors out. Other than seasonal events they seem to have a policy of leaving in vendors to allow you to turn in old currencies. Last I checked you could still turn in the old BG marks for the new ones too.

They will have to somehow invalidate old content as a way to easily farm badges. With level 80s I doubt people will be able to take a 5-man into Kara and farm 22 badges in two hours and get level 80 rewards from it. They want the rewards on the same level as the content you do to get it.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1488
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:40 pm
Location: Silvermoon, Alliance

Postby Melathys » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:04 pm

simple enough, they'd just take badges out of the loot table of current content....if they keep the same badges we currently use.

I guess only time will tell, but hopefully we'll know sooner rather than later. (so we can spend/save badges accordingly)
Image
User avatar
Melathys
 
Posts: 1908
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:08 pm

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:10 pm

Melathys wrote:simple enough, they'd just take badges out of the loot table of current content....if they keep the same badges we currently use.

I guess only time will tell, but hopefully we'll know sooner rather than later. (so we can spend/save badges accordingly)

They will create a new token item for the new loot.

This is pretty much assured.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
User avatar
Vanifae
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:36 am

yea but

Postby Mavrix » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:05 pm

Vanifae wrote:
Melathys wrote:simple enough, they'd just take badges out of the loot table of current content....if they keep the same badges we currently use.

I guess only time will tell, but hopefully we'll know sooner rather than later. (so we can spend/save badges accordingly)

They will create a new token item for the new loot.

This is pretty much assured.


It's easy to say that, but don't forget that Honor and the bg tokens were still useful currency (and still are today) for TBC with the exception of the fact they added one new bg.

Don't say they definitely will do anything until they've already done it ;)

(That said, I do agree that they "SHOULD" change it up. I'm just not sure that they will and won't be until we all see what's in store.)
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
User avatar
Mavrix
 
Posts: 875
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 6:18 pm

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:52 pm

They will change it up.

It's one thing to kill players its another thing to stock pile badges from content 10 levels too easy for you.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
User avatar
Vanifae
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:36 am

Previous

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest