Remove Advertisements

Badges?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Spectrum » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:29 pm

They won't take the vendors out. Other than seasonal events they seem to have a policy of leaving in vendors to allow you to turn in old currencies. Last I checked you could still turn in the old BG marks for the new ones too.

They will have to somehow invalidate old content as a way to easily farm badges. With level 80s I doubt people will be able to take a 5-man into Kara and farm 22 badges in two hours and get level 80 rewards from it. They want the rewards on the same level as the content you do to get it.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Melathys » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:04 pm

simple enough, they'd just take badges out of the loot table of current content....if they keep the same badges we currently use.

I guess only time will tell, but hopefully we'll know sooner rather than later. (so we can spend/save badges accordingly)
Melathys

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:10 pm

Melathys wrote:simple enough, they'd just take badges out of the loot table of current content....if they keep the same badges we currently use.

I guess only time will tell, but hopefully we'll know sooner rather than later. (so we can spend/save badges accordingly)

They will create a new token item for the new loot.

This is pretty much assured.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

yea but

Postby Mavrix » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:05 pm

Vanifae wrote:
Melathys wrote:simple enough, they'd just take badges out of the loot table of current content....if they keep the same badges we currently use.

They will create a new token item for the new loot.

This is pretty much assured.

It's easy to say that, but don't forget that Honor and the bg tokens were still useful currency (and still are today) for TBC with the exception of the fact they added one new bg.

Don't say they definitely will do anything until they've already done it ;)

(That said, I do agree that they "SHOULD" change it up. I'm just not sure that they will and won't be until we all see what's in store.)
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:52 pm

They will change it up.

It's one thing to kill players its another thing to stock pile badges from content 10 levels too easy for you.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Previous

Return to WotLK