Remove Advertisements

Black Temple - Shade of Akama

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Jonlo » Sat May 03, 2008 1:01 pm

Worldie wrote:Depends, for us it doesn't really matter who does sides, we just roll since warrior and bears like to do em more than defenders (i have to admit that tanking defenders is even more boring than tanking rogue on Council, u just stand there and spam... nothing, u passively hold aggro by melee attacks lol)

Funny story about the council rogue. A couple of kills ago I was tanking the rogue, and a lock who had gotten too high on the aggro list switched from the Paladin to the rogue without telling me. Then a hunter did it on the Flames of Azzinoth, when I was doing moderate threat but had to dodge 2 eye beams, so I didn't notice I had to go heavy threat.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Ardraaken » Wed May 07, 2008 2:44 am

Did Shade for the first time last night, one Tankadin on either side with a Hunter for Frost Traps/DPS, a Mage, and a Rogue. Adds went down pretty quickly and we got him on our first attempt with 5% health left on Akama.
Ardraaken

Postby Tyaera » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:14 am

Had me on one side with two hunters and two warlocks, and our warrior MT on the other side with two mages, a hunter and a boomkin. two Druids in the middle picking up Defenders.

Originally we had one mage on each side for a sheep, but the warrior was having weird aggro problems with trying to hold two mobs (he's normally perfectly competent at warrior-multi-tanking (within the limits of his class at least) and I was basically having to put in MORE effort to work around the sheep I had, so after about two waves I sent the mage over to the opposite side to swap with a warlock from over there. Instantly made it super smooth. My adds went down fast, then the warriors would drop a split second after. We downed Shade with about 38-39% left on Akama.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:49 am

Probably the warrior had aggro issues due to lack of rage, the mobs on sides hit for nothing
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jellypop » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:55 am

so i missed SA progression kill last week... this week i get in.. no idea about the trash mobs at all from entering -> SA kill because i only got in on supremus kill + BB attempts last week...

get in.. trash is like, WTF too easy? cept the 1 pull of 6 b4 HW...

i thought SA would be atleast, ATLEAST, feel like we were going to be overruned....

but nope.. shield. conc. holy shield.../fall asleep....

but i got mai bracers~ 8)
Jellypop

Postby berbo2 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:41 pm

Tested it. With good tank on 1 of the groups we can easily tank right side + defenders.
SoR/JoR on defenders and Hinter's slow trap+Cons on groups will prety much stick everything to you. Give the mages/CCs break and let them kill the Channelers and the fight is like 2 mins max. Position yourself INSIDE the door they spawn and just chain consecrate. Nothing will ever get out of the door except defenders who will run straight back to you.
At the end I had 3 x 3 mobs from groups + 4 defenders. income DMG was not more then the MH trash waves before kazrogal. Prety healable with 4 healers on me as noone else (except the teddy bear who had 2 healers on him) was taking anydmg. Quite enjoyable way to pass this fight as it can be really boring to sit in the middle and just hit the incoming defenders.

Got the bracers btw :)
berbo2

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:22 pm

I'll propose this next time we do akama. Maybe i'll ask to get the elementalists nuked down tho.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Seloei » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:12 pm

Is it just me or did they change this fight a bit?

Last night the door adds didn't hang around there for the 1s but bolted right past me instantly as they spawned and i had to frisbee them to get them back, instead of just spaming the target macro with AD and falling asleep.
Seloei

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:17 am

Latency maybe? I did it last week and noticed no change.
Nameplates are OP. Without AS, I'm always just waiting by the door with cons up when I feel they're coming, and judge the healer bitch.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:20 am

Tbh i stopped tanking the sides since long time, our druids and warrior like doing that since they don't fall asleep, so i tank the middle...

That said, when i used to tank sides, i just stood there spamming consecration r4 with a shadowpriest in the party which was on the channelers.
All the fight was transformed into a ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
(where in , i got Cons r4 binded)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:50 am

Worldie wrote:Tbh i stopped tanking the sides since long time, our druids and warrior like doing that since they don't fall asleep, so i tank the middle...

That said, when i used to tank sides, i just stood there spamming consecration r4 with a shadowpriest in the party which was on the channelers.
All the fight was transformed into a ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
(where in , i got Cons r4 binded)
Our dps cried in terror when I said i'd sit out of akama so one of the warriors would have a shot at the boots. In the end the other warrior that also wanted it sat
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby towelliee » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:11 am

Way we do it is I tank the Spellbinder/elemental/rogues.

Everything else we let go by. I had no issues last night.

Just kept laying down concecrate in the door way, hunter left frost trap as well made it 100% easier.
towelliee

Postby Seloei » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:54 am

i always have <100 ms latency so couldn't be that. Odd, i had nameplates turned on, stood where they spawn and as soon as they popped up they ran away. So instead they bolted past me and straight to the healers in the middle. Normally i have plenty of time to throw it and then still wait 1s for them to start moving. This time...
Lucky if i have any slowing traps/totems there, most of the time 2x elem shaman + hunter once in a while kill the adds.

I tank the side because one of the warriors is full of fail when it comes to multi tanking so he is put in the middle with the job of taking the defenders. His got his keyboard bound to taunt and facerolls it, thats all he does, yet he is the "maintank" and threat caps the dps quite often, also his an old friend of the Guild/Raid leader so nothing can change.
Seloei

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:08 am

it sounds very unlikely that a heal aggroed them, given there's usually so many targets being tanked to spread the threat, but I can't exclude the option. It just never happened to me.
It happened, however, that I ninjataunted stuff off a healer just to find out I taunted stuff on the other side's hallway
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:11 am

Snake-Aes wrote:It happened, however, that I ninjataunted stuff off a healer just to find out I taunted stuff on the other side's hallway

this reminds me a funny episode when i taunted one mob with the target-target macro... that mob had targetted the tank on the other side due to PoM.

I suddently got the other side coming to me, with the #%&%# from the warrior XD

Worldie
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Black Temple