Beta Tankadins Outside the Instance

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Beta Tankadins Outside the Instance

Postby honorshammer » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:14 pm

I'd like to hear from Beta Paladins about the leveling experience.

Are you leveling as Prot, Ret, Holy?

Are you able to complete quests in a timely fashion? How similar is the experience to doing dailies at 70?
honorshammer

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:16 pm

Leveling as Prot questing is pretty easy about as fast as it is now, though if you exploit the Judgment of Justice bug it goes very fast.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Re: Beta Tankadins Outside the Instance

Postby Koln » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:22 pm

Honorshammer wrote:Are you leveling as Prot, Ret, Holy?

Stayed Prot, mainly to see how much dps I'd have with the new talents.
Are you able to complete quests in a timely fashion? How similar is the experience to doing dailies at 70?

I'm as quick if not quicker in my tanking gear on beta, as I was in my dps gear on live servers. Itemrack isn't working for me so I don't swap suits much in beta...but I would expect if you don't overextend yourself AoE grinding you could probably go even faster with farming gear.

Current dailies IMO are harder than the starting quests. Of course half the stuff you run into is undead ;-)
Koln

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:20 pm

I started as ret doing some early quests and of course it's really fast. I swapped to prot wearing spell damage gear (had about 1.1k total) and I hated it. I put on my ret gear with high damage 1hander and now I'm enjoying it again. Bascially, consecrate and Holy Shield are too to use much in this gear, so I'm just judging and using HotR. It's fast enough.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Prot, i'll learn to tank already to speed things more when it goes live.

I clear quests quite quick, i grab 7+ mobs and aoe them.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Andox » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:25 pm

How much XP do a instance run give? And do you do every quest in the zones you quest in, I ask because I want to know if you have to grind rep, like you did in TBC for the heroic keys.

And also.

I got the impression that there is like two zones for lvl 70 - 72, is that right? Pretty confusing for me. I want one zone, like in Outlands, not several like we had in Azeroth, easier to quest fast in one zone imo.
Andox

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:29 pm

Heroic Keys will be easier to get in Wrath, the how is not yet fully implemented.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Andox » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:30 pm

Vanifae wrote:Heroic Keys will be easier to get in Wrath, the how is not yet fully implemented.

Nice, then I don´t have to run the instances that I don´t need the gear from. I don´t think I need gear from the instances until a higher level, maybe 74 - 76. But it can be good to run the instances and get a better weapon.

Some real tanking weapon instead of my dildo.
Andox

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:31 pm

I plan to run instances because its fun to do stuff with friends.
Vanifae

Postby Zx » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:32 pm

also wont hurt to run the lower instance to get a feel for how they will operate on heroic lvl 80.
"For no man lives long when his dreams are dead." - Gene Wolfe
Zx

Postby Andox » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:33 pm

Vanifae wrote:I plan to run instances because its fun to do stuff with friends.

Yes ofc, it´s fun to run the instances and test the new skills, see the instances, get some lore impressions and other things. But since I plan to level fast, or astleast pretty fast I don´t want to run more instances than I have to. But I don´t want to miss the heroic keys either ;) Since its there the fun is.
Andox

Postby Zx » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:35 pm

Another question:

Are there tightly packs of mobs around in northrend like the demon hunter supplicants at BT that we could round up and blow through xp and getting loot all at once?
Zx

Postby Lore » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:36 pm

Andox wrote:Yes ofc, it´s fun to run the instances and test the new skills, see the instances, get some lore impressions and other things.

My impressions are "for the love of god wtb beta key".
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Zx » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:37 pm

Lore wrote:
Andox wrote:Yes ofc, it´s fun to run the instances and test the new skills, see the instances, get some lore impressions and other things.

My impressions are "for the love of god wtb beta key".

^^^ that.
Zx

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:40 pm

Zx wrote:Another question:

Are there tightly packs of mobs around in northrend like the demon hunter supplicants at BT that we could round up and blow through xp and getting loot all at once?

I haven't explored too much, but there are very tightly massed groups of penguins and some range animals that herd. As far as something that drops as lucrative stuff as the demon hunters, I haven't encountered anything yet (maybe some of the dark iron dwarves would be close) but there's a ton left to explore.

Also, I would presume there are some groups of seals somewhere too, since you can get the Seal Clubber achievement if you kill a million of them.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Next

Return to WotLK