Remove Advertisements

Badges?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Badges?

Postby Melathys » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:49 pm

Will we continue to use Badges of Justice in WotLK? or will we have a new badge currency, like Badge of Redemption, or something?

I'd imagine they would use a new type of badge, but I haven't heard anything either way.
Melathys

Postby Zx » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:50 pm

It is highly likely that the old badge system is out the window with WotLK just as it went from essence of X to primal X.
"For no man lives long when his dreams are dead." - Gene Wolfe
Zx

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:58 pm

I'm betting the new badges will be Scourgestones
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:58 pm

There will be new kinds of badges, and I believe they're toying with the idea of different badges for different levels of content. I'll dig up links later.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Uphir » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:13 pm

I think i remember on the last blizzcast they said they will continue the badges but will have alot more ways to use them and get them.

You're Pro or you're a noob; That's life. -Athene, Best Paladin in the World
Uphir

Postby Elennira » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:16 pm

yeah, kind of interested in this, myself...do i stop spending badges on epic gems now and save em for the expansion - or do i keep buying these gems to make monies!
Elennira

Postby Melathys » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:20 pm

I do remember they said something that there will be badge rewards for each tier of content. Something like you still collect generic badges, but need a token from a boss in a certain tier to buy badges from that tier.

While I suppose it makes sense, I hope they don't quite go that route. To me, part of the allure of badges was to be able to put in the time to outgear the level that your guild is currently in. It would also open up token selling. ..have badges and want tier9 badge gear, but your guild is only tier7? go buy a spot in a t9 guild to collect a token, and get your t9 badge gear.

From what I read from blue posts, thats the gist that I got. They still didn't say what type of badges though, but as mentioned, I'd imagine its a new type of badge, not the ones we collect right now...

....however. If you think about it this way. We can hoard our honor and BG tokens til expansion, and those will still be good for lvl 80 pvp gear, so why not badges? As we'd still be needing tier tokens to buy the gear anyway.

I'm bored, and playing devil's advocate in the face of lack of information. :lol:
Melathys

Postby Uphir » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:21 pm

I dont think the badges in WOTLK will be the same as the BC badges. But who knows.

Uphir

Postby Uphir » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:23 pm

Melathys wrote:I do remember they said something that there will be badge rewards for each tier of content. Something like you still collect generic badges, but need a token from a boss in a certain tier to buy badges from that tier.

While I suppose it makes sense, I hope they don't quite go that route. To me, part of the allure of badges was to be able to put in the time to outgear the level that your guild is currently in. It would also open up token selling. ..have badges and want tier9 badge gear, but your guild is only tier7? go buy a spot in a t9 guild to collect a token, and get your t9 badge gear.

From what I read from blue posts, thats the gist that I got. They still didn't say what type of badges though, but as mentioned, I'd imagine its a new type of badge, not the ones we collect right now...

....however. If you think about it this way. We can hoard our honor and BG tokens til expansion, and those will still be good for lvl 80 pvp gear, so why not badges? As we'd still be needing tier tokens to buy the gear anyway.

I'm bored, and playing devil's advocate in the face of lack of information. :lol:

Or the tokens they are talking about could be with something that you get with the new achievement system. Like you cleared the zone bow you can by "new shield" since it says so on your achievement page.

Uphir

Postby Zx » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:37 pm

I'd be pretty surprised if they decided to make the achievments requirements for gear at all.
Zx

Postby Andox » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:44 pm

Zx wrote:I'd be pretty surprised if they decided to make the achievments requirements for gear at all.

I´ve see nthat the achivements are for fun only.
Andox

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:48 pm

Only gear you will get from achievements will be vanity equipment; I seriously doubt any real gear will come from there besides nifty tabards and silly trinkets/pets.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Aertho » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:55 pm

Do TBC badge vendors exist in WOTLK?
Aertho

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:00 pm

Aertho wrote:Do TBC badge vendors exist in WOTLK?

They should.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Zx » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:08 pm

Vanifae wrote:
Aertho wrote:Do TBC badge vendors exist in WOTLK?

They should.

I agree. Hell they still have the "Commendation" blah blah from back when AQ went live and you could get rep with a faction by turning in the marks.

I dont see any reason why they would bother to take out the badge vendors from shatt or elsewhere.
Zx

Next

Return to WotLK