Profession change for WotLK?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Profession change for WotLK?

Postby Taeron » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:08 am

I know there are some enchanters amogst you tankadins here. As the profession perks for WotLK are being revieled, I am getting more and more annoyed by the fact that enchanting is so sharply crafted for casters. My hopes that there might be BoP librams along with wands aren't going to see the light of day.

I feel other professions (jewelcrafting, mining, engineering) give such powerful BoP perks (high stamina gems, 35 stamina increase from mining) that keeping enchanting might not be wise.

What are you personal opinions? Will you adopt your professions and if will those of you, who have enchanting, drop it for something more carved to the role of a tank?

Thank you.
Taeron

Postby Chunes » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:11 am

i'm just glad i'm mining/jc on my tank. I cant believe i almost dropped mining to grab enchanting last week out of boredom...
Chunes

Postby Lore » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:14 am

I'm JC/Enchanting at the moment. I will probably keep Enchanting at least until I start raiding and my gear starts to stabilize, as it's a pretty good cash cow when you're getting plenty of stuff to DE (and as I'm not a miner, I'll be having to buy mats to level JC'ing). After I'm 80 I've been thinking about leveling another profession, though I'm not sure which yet.

They need to make a new stats to ring enchant =\
Lore
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:19 am

+10 stats to ring is probably on the way, two of which would beat what miners get.

Of course the reagents will involve immortal souls.
Last edited by PsiVen on Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Arjuna » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:19 am

I'll be keeping my JC/mining...love the trinkets, love the BoP gems, love being able to make gems to yourself all the time for new gear!

My alts will be Herb/Alch and Insc/Ench!

(love that you will be able to put enchants on inscription papers and enchant your alts/mains :D ...or was that just a rumor?)
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Chunes » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:24 am

i'm leveling an roguealt for the express purpose of enchanting/inscrip :D
Chunes

Postby Arjuna » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:28 am

and ofc having a little alt mass-producing mana oils for all those instances isnt too bad either, hehe
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Taeron » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:31 am

I guess Lore's right... not having an actual gathering skill myself (smith/enchater), I guess enchanting is somewhat of a gathering skill in itself by allowing you to DE all the useless items and quest rewards.

We'll see how things look once we hit level 80 then. Might as well pile up some enchanting materials till then, hehe.
Taeron

Postby Bovion » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:43 am

I'm enchanting alc at the moment(a holdover from my holy days) I'm intending to drop alc for something in the expac.

I'll prolly wind up insc/enchant depending on what the pally inscriptions look like, and if the extra slot is a greater glyph
Bovion

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:52 am

Unless Engineering loses its frills (and I don't think it will), I'll be keeping it and Enchanting. Enchanting was probably the best profession-related decision I've made.

Some things I want for WotLK:
- Portable Mailbox (This was actually made for TBC, but was having issues)
- Summoning Machine (This spell is too powerful for only warlocks to have. We already have explosives in case of no rogues)
- Helm Upgrade (Like in TBC)
- A cloak "enchantment" that makes any cloak a Parachute cloak, in addition to whatever normal enchantment you want.
- Blue flares.
- A silly hat.

Make it so!
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby honorshammer » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:36 am

moduspwnens wrote:Unless Engineering loses its frills (and I don't think it will), I'll be keeping it and Enchanting. Enchanting was probably the best profession-related decision I've made.

Some things I want for WotLK:
- Portable Mailbox (This was actually made for TBC, but was having issues)
- Summoning Machine (This spell is too powerful for only warlocks to have. We already have explosives in case of no rogues)
- Helm Upgrade (Like in TBC)
- A cloak "enchantment" that makes any cloak a Parachute cloak, in addition to whatever normal enchantment you want.
- Blue flares.
- A silly hat.

Make it so!

The rumored motorcycle mount
An upgraded Mote Extractor

I'd love to see them get back to mechanical combat pets. I loved my Arcanite Dragonling.
honorshammer

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:44 am

Honorshammer wrote:I'd love to see them get back to mechanical combat pets. I loved my Arcanite Dragonling.

Hm, I'm tempted to go all out into my rant about how allowing trinkets to have raw stat functions was one of the worst itemization design decisions Blizzard made, as it killed off the idea of trinkets as things with relatively minor gameplay impact but more focused on fun and quirky effects, which is what most of them originally were. It's probably too late to turn back now unfortunately.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:45 am

ENG all the way baby. I've been trying to make an arcanite Dragonling just to pull out in town and have fun.
Shoju

Postby honorshammer » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:47 am

What I need to figure out is how gimp I'll be on Stamina as

JC/Engy (what I am now)

versus

Mining/Engy

versus

Mining/Blacksmithing (seems to the min/max, nearly 65 stamina)
honorshammer

Postby balrogg » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:50 am

with the creation of enchanting "scrolls", i wouldnt be surprised with an enchanting spec system, such as master enchanter/disenchanter, with respective chances to produce extra scrolls/mats. i would also assume more ring enchants (more in line with the ridiculous number of gems), and, dare i say, belt enchants?? (although those might be more suited to engineering, crafting a "utility belt" type effect). ive said it before, even being able to add 8 bag slots to a belt that could hold pots/food would be sweet, they should tack it onto lw/engineering or something.

im also curious as the how beneficial inscription will be, outside of the extra glyph inscriptors get, but what kind of BOP glyphs will be available.
balrogg

Next

Return to WotLK