first try at azgalor

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

first try at azgalor

Postby Conaan! » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:41 pm

so my guild did our first try on azgalor tonight, right now we have a warrior and pally equally geared, im the pally obviously, we decided to use 2 warriors for doomguards (!mistake!) instead of the other prot pally (only ever tanks trash), well, it all went well, i was surprised by how hard azgalor hit, the 9k cleaves were rather..... interesting, and the silences quite annoying, but when we got him down to 46% (mind you we had NEVER seen this guy before) i took a 22k hit to the face, whack, whack cleave, no heals, they then switched in the warrior for the last try at him for the night, and he took damage instantly and died before we could do anything.

im sitting at 51.92% avoidance unbuffed, and 15.7k hp unbuffed, i was at 20k without imp.

warrior has about .2% more avoidance and 2k less armor than me

warrior or pally when were so close together in gear?
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Re: first try at azgalor

Postby ldeboer » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:32 pm

Conaan! wrote:so my guild did our first try on azgalor tonight, right now we have a warrior and pally equally geared, im the pally obviously, we decided to use 2 warriors for doomguards (!mistake!) instead of the other prot pally (only ever tanks trash), well, it all went well, i was surprised by how hard azgalor hit, the 9k cleaves were rather..... interesting, and the silences quite annoying, but when we got him down to 46% (mind you we had NEVER seen this guy before) i took a 22k hit to the face, whack, whack cleave, no heals, they then switched in the warrior for the last try at him for the night, and he took damage instantly and died before we could do anything.

im sitting at 51.92% avoidance unbuffed, and 15.7k hp unbuffed, i was at 20k without imp.

warrior has about .2% more avoidance and 2k less armor than me

warrior or pally when were so close together in gear?

Either really but don't attack him during the silences he retaliates against attacks he parries.

Think slow version of phase 2 prince.
ldeboer

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:37 pm

Also you will want Curse of Weakness up since your warriors will not be on the boss.

CoW will reduce the swings by about 1k, and Ironshields will cut as well 1-2k damage per swing.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby ShaiHulud » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:09 am

Get a geared Feral Druid. We killed Azgalor our first night of attempts because of our Feral Druid and have used one ever since. I think we've maybe wiped twice EVER on him. Also, make sure your healers have Vial of the Sunwell. It's pro during those bad silences where the druid isn't HoT'd/topped off.
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Postby Holyfuri » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:32 am

I agree with the above posters. I feral druid is ideal for this boss.

I have successfully tanked him, however. I must say he hits like a freaking train so you have to do everything you can to lessen the damage.

1. Use devotion aura, improved from a holy pally if possible.
2. Chain chug Ironshield potions. They help out tremendously.
3. Stop autoattack during the silences. Your threat should be fine.
4. Wear max avoidance gear. I use an elixir of major agility, scroll of agility, and I even eat agility food.
5. Get the agility totem for the dodge from a shaman if possible.
6. Stop autoattack during the silences. Even though it is unlikely, a parried attack during that silence can mean death very quickly.

Another couple of notes when tanking him...

Stay out of the fire.

Keep thrall behind Azgalor. The fire coupled with his cleaves WILL kill thrall before you are done with the fight and reset the entire encounter!!!
Holyfuri

Postby ShaiHulud » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:15 am

I think they fixed it so Thrall/Jaina don't die during encounters unless your raid wipes. We pulled Jaina with Winterchill the other day and D&D wasn't doing anything to her.
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Postby Holyfuri » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:41 am

ShaiHulud wrote:I think they fixed it so Thrall/Jaina don't die during encounters unless your raid wipes. We pulled Jaina with Winterchill the other day and D&D wasn't doing anything to her.

nah, they can still die... trust me.... lol.
Holyfuri

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:43 am

2k armor is HUGE
HUGE
FREAKING HUGE
You weren't as close as you think in gear.

1: devo aura
2: put damage debuffs on him! Weakness, Demoralizing shout, whatever. Don't put curse of reck on him if you don't have improved demo shout to cover. Demo shout is like 15% reduction on a boss' output.
3: Hots Hots Hots!
4: if a fury warrior(which should have imp demo) is threat capped, he might as well keep TClap up.
5: thinking better just make him keep tclap up. It's easy and the loss of dps isn't half as bad as they make it sound.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Return to Mt. Hyjal