Remove Advertisements

Hiyjal - Starting out. Some Questions

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Hiyjal - Starting out. Some Questions

Postby towelliee » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:54 am

Ok so I did a few searches here and there on this forum. Our Goal as a guild is to have both Rage and Anetheron Down in 3 weeks. Here are ym questions.

1 - Am I geared enough to Pally Tank all the Waves?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Towelliee

2 - This will have an A and a B

A - Rage - We need the following:

- Free action potions for the tanks
- Raid fully Buffed over 10k HP
- Stay out of D&D
- Some Shadow Resist for Raid? (Pally Aura?)

B - Anetheron - Need the following

- FR 250 buffed for tanks on Infernals

3 - How should we handle the loot in Hiyjal I heard the mobs pass by quick and despawn quicker. Group Loot?

I am scurred lol
towelliee

Re: Hiyjal - Starting out. Some Questions

Postby $hOTty » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:52 pm

towelliee wrote:Ok so I did a few searches here and there on this forum. Our Goal as a guild is to have both Rage and Anetheron Down in 3 weeks. Here are ym questions.

1 - Am I geared enough to Pally Tank all the Waves?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Towelliee

2 - This will have an A and a B

A - Rage - We need the following:

- Free action potions for the tanks
- Raid fully Buffed over 10k HP
- Stay out of D&D
- Some Shadow Resist for Raid? (Pally Aura?)

B - Anetheron - Need the following

- FR 250 buffed for tanks on Infernals

3 - How should we handle the loot in Hiyjal I heard the mobs pass by quick and despawn quicker. Group Loot?

I am scurred lol

1.Yes, I'd say you are fine for hyjal waves.

2.a.
-Free action pots not really needed (assuming you're talking about the boss) however they are very useful for the abomination pulls.
- Most people will have over 10khp buffed anyway, and having that amount of hp helps due to slacking in D&D or slow heals on the ice tombs (forgot ability name).
- Yes, as soon as it 'spawns' announce in on vent and have everyone move out of it asap.
-Priest buff is fine, doesnt stack with aura anyway so no point in wasting your aura ;p.

2.b.
Yes, that is recommended amount i think.
$hOTty

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:31 pm

Have a DPS be master looter, and assign drops between waves. If there's a drop from wave 8, assign it after the boss.

Note that mobs will despawn after about 2 waves, or after a wipe.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Conaan! » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:52 pm

FR gear for aneth infernals isnt needed. my guild does it with all ranged switching to infernals, it will only take 35 seconds to get one down if your dps is doing their job (800 dps), melee sticks on aneth, just try it it'll be worth it believe me.
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby ldeboer » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:15 pm

You are fine and better than me when I set out.

If your going to tank rage himself your defense is only 487 so he can crit you which will happen if he ice tombs you as the tank .. good healers you should be fine. If your worried about it change you back enchant to defense from dodge wont affect your stats much at all. Else just send a warrior or druid in to tank him.

Good luck and enjoy.
ldeboer

Postby Conaan! » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:23 pm

ldeboer wrote:You are fine and better than me when I set out.

If your going to tank rage himself your defense is only 487 so he can crit you which will happen if he ice tombs you as the tank .. good healers you should be fine. If your worried about it change you back enchant to defense from dodge wont affect your stats much at all. Else just send a warrior or druid in to tank him.

Good luck and enjoy.

hes got the resilience to cover that gap, and rages crushes are only what, 3k at most? easily handled, just make sure you warn your healers when you get low on mana that there will be crushes/forced crits inc.
Conaan!

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:38 pm

Where's the pic where i tank Winterchill without armor again
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby ldeboer » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:41 pm

Worldie wrote:Where's the pic where i tank Winterchill without armor again

I saw it ... showoff ... You aren't half as cute as Invisuria :)
ldeboer

Postby ldeboer » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:48 pm

Conaan! wrote:hes got the resilience to cover that gap, and rages crushes are only what, 3k at most? easily handled, just make sure you warn your healers when you get low on mana that there will be crushes/forced crits inc.

Aye you right again it's unnatural for me to ever look at resilence ... let me guess you have a druid alt :)

On that has anyone ever seen a good addon tankpoints doesn't use it which is a shame that addon has never been updated.
ldeboer

Postby Seloei » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:19 am

Shadow resist gear is not for Winterchill, it's to reduce the Carrion swarm damage on Anatheron. You need 0 shadow res for winterchill.

Anatheron fire tank should be as high as possible with fire res while keeping healthy threat/health to survive. All ranged burn the infernal and the targeted one runs to the marked tank (NOT through the melee group)

Free action potions are a godsend, but in reality, theres only 2 waves in rage trash that have it, and then it's 2 of them.
Seloei

Postby ldeboer » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:31 am

Seloei wrote:Free action potions are a godsend, but in reality, theres only 2 waves in rage trash that have it, and then it's 2 of them.

You been late night raiding Seloei .. wasn't quite making sense and you usually quite eloqent.

What he be trying to say Abom's only in 3 waves of trash (not 2) 6,7,8 that need FAP's if you gonna tank some of the abom's

Wave 6: 6 Ghoul, 6 Abomination
Wave 7: 4 Ghoul, 4 Necromancer, 4 Abomination
Wave 8: 6 Ghoul, 4 Crypt Fiends, 2 Abomination, 2 Necromancer

Reality is wave 6 prob only 1 you will have abom's for if your 2 OT's are going to peel 2 each.
ldeboer

Postby Conaan! » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:26 am

ldeboer wrote:

Aye you right again it's unnatural for me to ever look at resilence ... let me guess you have a druid alt :)

On that has anyone ever seen a good addon tankpoints doesn't use it which is a shame that addon has never been updated.

nope, no druid alt, just at one point i used my s1 mace to keep myself uncrittabe till i had done some dailies for the gold to regem.

i used to use tankpoints, but now i have a simpler system

called pen and paper, write down, compare.

free action potions are not needed for any abom waves, but if your really having trouble go ahead, personally if the wave is large and i see a few aboms coming at me i pop moroes trinket/scarab of displacement, this will give my healers those few crucial seconds to get the heals off, and the couple seconds the tanks need to taunt the buggas off me.
Conaan!

Postby Holyfuri » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:41 am

Conaan! wrote:
ldeboer wrote:

nope, no druid alt, just at one point i used my s1 mace to keep myself uncrittabe till i had done some dailies for the gold to regem.

free action potions are not needed for any abom waves, but if your really having trouble go ahead, personally if the wave is large and i see a few aboms coming at me i pop moroes trinket/scarab of displacement, this will give my healers those few crucial seconds to get the heals off, and the couple seconds the tanks need to taunt the buggas off me.

They Free Action Potions are true lifesavers though when starting. I used to use them like crazy. The stuns are what kills you on those waves.

And as has been mentioned before, fire resist isn't needed for anetheron infernals other than your aura. They really don't hit that hard. Just starting out if you have 7 healers put 2 in the back on your infernal tank, and the other five spread out on the tank/group heals with one of the pallies full time on MT.
Holyfuri

Postby Conaan! » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:50 am

Holyfuri wrote:
Conaan! wrote:
ldeboer wrote:

They Free Action Potions are true lifesavers though when starting. I used to use them like crazy. The stuns are what kills you on those waves.

And as has been mentioned before, fire resist isn't needed for anetheron infernals other than your aura. They really don't hit that hard. Just starting out if you have 7 healers put 2 in the back on your infernal tank, and the other five spread out on the tank/group heals with one of the pallies full time on MT.

dude, srsly, stop posting and get online for christs sake <_<

but save them for kaz/azg trash waves, both aneth and rage give you ample time for OT's to grab them off you, if you have 2 hunters, 2 frost traps in a row will give you 30 seconds of time extra to react, and if a OT cant do it then, are you raiding with grandpa?
Conaan!

Postby Holyfuri » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:55 am

Conaan! wrote:
dude, srsly, stop posting and get online for christs sake <_<

I'm at work, I can't yet =P lol
Holyfuri

Next

Return to Mt. Hyjal