Remove Advertisements

The sweet vengeance

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Strom » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:53 pm

I think we need to tread lightly or else we may be eating some words eventually :?

Blizzard had stated that they want warriors to be the mitigation kings. They are currently NOT by what I have seen in some theorycrafting from beta. If this is true, it will be adjusted. I think our increase in mitigation over warriors was an unintended side effect of us retaining our holy shield charges due to us being AoE tanks and sharing warrior itemization.

I hope I am wrong, but my gut says otherwise.
Strom

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:37 pm

AutomaticZen wrote:Give me mana on Block/Dodge/Parry or give me death!

WTB more mana income.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Zx » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:39 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:
AutomaticZen wrote:Give me mana on Block/Dodge/Parry or give me death!

WTB more mana income.

I'm betting that the JoW and SoW will help fix our problems in that area.
"For no man lives long when his dreams are dead." - Gene Wolfe
Zx

Postby ulushnar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:43 pm

Pride goeth before a fall. That said, if we get a few months of hype, like Feral druids in early TBC, then it can only be a good thing as far as our acceptance as tanks goes.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Jellypop » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:48 pm

Worldi spoke of something that hit me very hard, and for that, i'd like to thank him

I'm one of the paladin tanks that are chased after for 5 and 10 man contents, and, well, obviously, Hyjal.

but when it comes down to other raid bosses, my guild treats me like, well, not the main tank, so to speak.

the amount of paladins used as progression tank, or even in the rotation of tanking, is so low compared to warriors and druids, is sickening.

as it's been said before, we'll only know, when we know.
Jellypop

Postby Dapaladin » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:58 pm

Strom wrote:I think we need to tread lightly or else we may be eating some words eventually :?

Blizzard had stated that they want warriors to be the mitigation kings. They are currently NOT by what I have seen in some theorycrafting from beta. If this is true, it will be adjusted. I think our increase in mitigation over warriors was an unintended side effect of us retaining our holy shield charges due to us being AoE tanks and sharing warrior itemization.

I hope I am wrong, but my gut says otherwise.

where has blizzard stated warriors are the highest mitigation tanks? i'm not saying your lying im just curious if there is a post or if it's just something that you've heard from someone who said blizzard said it. There is a good chance that someone just made it up if thats the case >.> . As is druids are the best mitigation tanks with warriors being 3rd and pallies being 2nd unless druids take a big armor hit in WotLK.
Dapaladin

Postby PsiVen » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:28 pm

Our blocking makes up the gap caused by Defensive Stance > RF. It doesn't give us the highest EH (we haven't seen level 80 base health yet), and it doesn't make as much of a difference against a slow attacker. Remember warriors still have a high passive chance to block without SB, and crit blocks as well.

With these changes I think it's safe to say we will be taking the most consistent damage, but not necessarily the least.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Previous

Return to WotLK