Screenshots from Beta

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Vanifae » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:40 am

Hammer of Righteousness scales with Attack power it has no spell damage coefficient.

More precisely it is much more similar to Seal of Blood which relies on the damage of the weapon; so a higher damage weapon would greatly enhance this abilities damage output.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby lusisia » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:55 pm

Vanifae wrote:Yeah mana is hard to come by; right now Hammer of Righteousness is under whelming butt hat is because I am not using an optimal weapon for it.

Guarded by the Light helps, but yeah Utgarde Keep is super easy and nothing hits hard besides the last boss.

And you may not yet have the talent points to pick up Guarded by the Light. I would wager once that talent is picked up, the mana issues won't be as bad.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Vanifae » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:58 pm

I have Guarded by the Light.

It's the icon right next to Reckoning that has 21 seconds on it.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby lusisia » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:21 pm

Vanifae wrote:I have Guarded by the Light.

It's the icon right next to Reckoning that has 21 seconds on it.

Ouch! Well that sucks then.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:45 pm

So, first instance, soloable? How many casters are we talking?
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Vanifae » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:59 pm

PsiVen wrote:So, first instance, soloable? How many casters are we talking?

Not many casters at all, and it is probably soloable besides the last boss Phase 2.
Vanifae

Postby codename » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:03 pm

Hey thats me healing in ret gear, LOL. BTW i've gotten some 4-5k crit heals in ret gear, not bad huh?
Codenameqq
I'm a kara/badge geared tankadin whos in beta also.

From what i saw i ran utgarde two times with different geared tankadin's, One was Ful T6 and another was vanifei(mix of 1 t6,some t5/4 and badge/other gear). Both did good but van was out of mana alot. While the full t6 just grabed a whole room and tanked them at once a couple of times. He ran outa mana alot but seemed more familar with the area so maybe that was the diff. Most of the bosses were pretty easy and the last one hit harder but van had no problem with aggro there.

I have a feeling the ret auyra was bugged sinc ei had the Imp aura (the +2 to group imp).
from a DPS perspective aggro was tough cause i was ret and was hitting like a dump truck due to its buggs. and i got crap gear from grulls etc so i cant imagine someone with good pvp or raiding ret gear could do. Ret is ful and the Whirlwind like ability from ret is hella fun in these pulls.

But I'm not sure I'll be able to team up with Van since I'll be rolling on the PVP server since my RL friend's are over there in beta. But I'll start a post to find out those whom post here and which server they will be on so we can just team up and find out what tanking is going to be in WOTLK
codename

Postby Vanifae » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:52 pm

Good to see you Codename, yeah that was my second time there the first time was Blizzcon 07 for like ten minutes.

Now I know that I can just pull the whole room... that and I was still getting my buttons figured out and macros. I am set now.
Vanifae

Previous

Return to WotLK