Remove Advertisements

Professional perks

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:38 pm

Arjuna wrote:who ever said i was QQing?

Naah... not you, I'm the QQer. :-)

But it's always QQing to the folks who aren't effected or don't care.. :-)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:40 pm

Dragonzbane wrote:
I hear rumors that passengers will be able to use attacks while riding.
So it's not really a taxi, it's a chariot.
Just a rumor though, no confirmation.

I think that's only in the zone BGs from the bit I saw, and not on the bike either. That was the siege engine...

The bike isn't in-game yet, it's only been data-mined.

halabar

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:43 pm

Dragonzbane wrote:
Did you have a "Force Reactive Disk" at L60 or for BC?

I had the pattern that dropped in MC but never made it.
It didn't make a big difference either.

If these patterns will be useful in WotLK then we'll see them again at a vendor or trainer.

I hope you're right.

And I tried to get a disk, but quickly realized it was going to be impossible to get. (If the PLG wasn't in-game, then there would have been a lot of folks trying to get the disk).

halabar

Postby balrogg » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:20 pm

Arjuna wrote:who ever said i was QQing? I qqed on one thing, and that is that JC designs are unfarmable world drops...nothing else
And to those that were offended by my post, I am terribly sorry and i am a very bad person for posting!

my apologies, didnt mean for it to come out personal, was just a joke >< but, i work full time and have over 30k on a server ive only been on a few months (+2 epic flyings). no, i dont grind dailies or farm all night, frankly, i credit most of it to jewelcrafting haha. but, its not so much a matter of "only people who play all day have gold to spare", its just being smart and managing gold accordinging to how your server functions (since all are different). and i also dont mean to brag, a couple friends of mine got hundreds of thousands selling arena teams/points pre nerf, and im sure i could be an AH nut and crank out gold, but thats not really that amusing. its just, gold is easy to come by, and if a huge upgrade is exchangeable for gold, i see it more as a blessing than a curse.

moral of the story: the point of the eng goggles v2 was not to give people "even ground" in terms of content (similar to badge rewards/prior crafted epics), rather a nice bonus for engineers, considering many of the them are at least comparable to t6.5 counterparts (which also happen to drop off a boss that like .000001% of wow players have even seen). granted, they are rare, but so are lots of items, i think they were expected to be more common than they are, so engineers are sad. and incidentally, i have 2 engineers amongst my 70s, and while i agree that the profession isnt huge for personal benefit/profit, its useful, and has some enjoyable toys, which is all you should really expect. and if you hate it, drop it (despite the struggle to get to 375 ugh) and pick up something you think is better for you.

on a sidenote, any word if all those new jc patterns are going to be world drop boes again? because i might shoot myself if i have to spend 29487629486246g trying to buy up patterns.
balrogg

Postby Arjuna » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:31 pm

balrogg wrote:on a sidenote, any word if all those new jc patterns are going to be world drop boes again? because i might shoot myself if i have to spend 29487629486246g trying to buy up patterns.

/agree

With the reduction of the amount of gem designs out there (only one kind of hit, crit, spellpower and so on FTW!!!) I can see it manageble for blizzard to make them available through vendors/trainers...

OR they'll just think 180 degrees around and say "since it's so few designs now we decided to make them all world drops since you don't have to buy so many this time"...dear god i hope not!
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby mclem » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:45 pm

jere wrote:
Ulushnar wrote:Mining is +35 Stamina, which is the same as two green stamina gems, or just less than one Epic gem. It's not a massive advantage.

Actually, the "normal" epic gems are 30 stam. Perhaps you are thinking on the unique-equipped JC BoP gem?

Which was my intended point of this thread, incidentally; JC effectively gives a +15 stamina bonus for profession users (plus, as I mentioned, a chance of tapping more socket bonusses), while mining gives +35 and blacksmithing gives +30. Unless I've missed a factor, that would suggest that out of those three, mining and blacksmithing looks like the prime option for a tank. However, I may well be working on incomplete information, hence starting this thread.
mclem

Previous

Return to WotLK