Remove Advertisements

Shield Specialization still tied to redoubt... and BoK gah!

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Shield Specialization still tied to redoubt... and BoK gah!

Postby Daredevil » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:47 pm

and that sucks. I was hoping they would undo this so I could make a build like (imagine Stoicism is Shield Specialization) http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

Does any of you guys agree that redoubt is somewhat screwing with our freedom? I never liked that talent, yet I had it because of Shield Spec. Also we STILL have two damned Talented Blessings in our tree, BoK should be baseline.

Here's hoping someone will post this suggestion there at beta forums.
Daredevil

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:48 pm

Personally i'll send suggestion to make BoK baseline and rework Sanctuary and rework Redoubt, i hope they will read it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:54 pm

Worldie wrote:Personally i'll send suggestion to make BoK baseline and rework Sanctuary and rework Redoubt, i hope they will read it.

I think Redoubt is fine.

Sanctuary is crap and needs to be replaced with something else.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Dianora » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:54 pm

Worldie wrote:Personally i'll send suggestion to make BoK baseline and rework Sanctuary and rework Redoubt, i hope they will read it.

It makes too much sense. That automatically disqualified your suggestion.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Re: Shield Specialization still tied to redoubt... and BoK g

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:55 pm

Daredevil wrote:and that sucks. I was hoping they would undo this so I could make a build like (imagine Stoicism is Shield Specialization) http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

Does any of you guys agree that redoubt is somewhat screwing with our freedom? I never liked that talent, yet I had it because of Shield Spec. Also we STILL have two damned Talented Blessings in our tree, BoK should be baseline.

Here's hoping someone will post this suggestion there at beta forums.

Or you could realize Redoubt is a fantastic talent and just TAKE it instead of qqing all over the place.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:57 pm

It's a acceptable talent, nowhere close to fantastic. If it wasn't tied to SS i don't think many of us would take it for wotlk.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:58 pm

Worldie wrote:It's a acceptable talent, nowhere close to fantastic. If it wasn't tied to SS i don't think many of us would take it for wotlk.

It's pretty great for AoE tanking.
Sabindeus

Postby Lore » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:59 pm

Redoubt is an excellent talent for AOE tanking. Personally, though, I would like the ability to skip it and spec primarily for single-target tanking.

If Shield Spec doesn't end up giving a bonus to block value from STR it might be fine to just skip both of them, but otherwise it would probably still be a required talent.

And no one would spec Blessing of Sanctuary if it wasn't required for Holy Shield. Would definitely like to see some changes there, even if all they do is take it out of the game.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Dorvan » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:00 pm

Worldie wrote:It's a acceptable talent, nowhere close to fantastic. If it wasn't tied to SS i don't think many of us would take it for wotlk.

Depends on whether uncrushable levels of block + avoidance are a part of the itemization plan for WotLK. It's already a very good talent for AoE tanking, if 72.4% block+avoidance isn't a common thing for WotLK it could be decent for single target tanking as well.

WTB level 80 item previews, PST.

Lore wrote:And no one would spec Blessing of Sanctuary if it wasn't required for Holy Shield. Would definitely like to see some changes there, even if all they do is take it out of the game.

QFMFT

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:01 pm

Lore wrote:Redoubt is an excellent talent for AOE tanking. Personally, though, I would like the ability to skip it and spec primarily for single-target tanking.

If Shield Spec doesn't end up giving a bonus to block value from STR it might be fine to just skip both of them, but otherwise it would probably still be a required talent.

And no one would spec Blessing of Sanctuary if it wasn't required for Holy Shield. Would definitely like to see some changes there, even if all they do is take it out of the game.

I guess I have to concede this. For single target tanking it's skippable. I just don't like speccing in a way that pigeonholes me.
Sabindeus

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:23 pm

Sabindeus wrote:

Correct, but as Lore said, we aim for single target efficiency as well.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:29 pm

I've tested redoubt about a million times on the simulators, it's roughly equal to about a passive 10% increase in block chance during very heavy AoE encounters and near useless otherwise. I find it very underwhelming.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:30 pm

Dorvan wrote:

Depends on whether uncrushable levels of block + avoidance are a part of the itemization plan for WotLK. It's already a very good talent for AoE tanking, if 72.4% block+avoidance isn't a common thing for WotLK it could be decent for single target tanking as well.

WTB level 80 item previews, PST.

Quoted in hopes that it is read. To say it's still useless is silly, because nobody knows until we see the gear.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Zx » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:30 pm

Worldie wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

Correct, but as Lore said, we aim for single target efficiency as well.

Then what is the point of 8-10 charges on HS and a boss that only has MH attacks on a 2.8 sec swing timer. I'd call all those unused charges pretty wasteful.
"For no man lives long when his dreams are dead." - Gene Wolfe
Zx

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:32 pm

Indeed, in fact i'm likely skipping Imp HS if the threat component isn't worth the 2 points.

Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to WotLK